It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport Screeners May Get X-Ray Vision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. - Susan Hallowell steps into a metal booth that bounces X-rays off her skin, producing a black-and-white image that reveals enough to produce a world-class blush.

To the eye, she is dressed in a skirt and blazer in dark, business-like colors.

On the monitor, the director of the Transportation Security Administration's security laboratory is naked, except for a gun and a bomb that she hid under her outfit.

The government is considering using the technology at airport security checkpoints because the magnetometers now in use cannot detect plastic weapons or substances used in explosives.

The agency is trying to find a way to modify the machines with an electronic fig leaf � programming that fuzzes out sensitive body parts or distorts the body so it is unrecognizable.

CLICK FOR STORY

This seems to be an invasion of privacy, but on the other hand it could be an effective security device that ends up saving lives.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I would say that it was an invasion of your privacy!

but

it just goes to show that you could be a knock-out girl or guy and still be a suspected terrorist.

With the technology that we have going around now, they should be able to produce some machine to detect weapon's of any sort, plastic/metal etc.

But then with the different types of metal's it isnt going to be easy!

I myself have problems, as I have metal pin's in my knee's and back. So every now and then, when I go through a metal-detector, I usually set the thing off. I have a medical card I have to carry, to say that I have them.

Its still embarrassing sometime's!

blackwidow

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
i hate it because the general populatin will accept this wiht ease and if anything does happen they will just say people are arguin because it shows some fine womans tits. Its an invasion of privacy i understand detection to a degree but its goin crazy dman the freakin terrorist

new topics

join