It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up to Loud crashing at night - Exploding Head Syndrome

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

I think for them to get some definitive answers everybody in this thread would have to admit ourselves to a sleep clinic so they could monitor us for about a month or two.
Then maybe they could put some answers down.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have this and often. Mine almost always wakes me up around 2-4 a.m. with a loud 'pop' which I can only describe as what I think of as a transformer blowing. Sometimes, but not as often, I get the 'loud doorbell' too.

I have been getting this for years and I wake up scared and I scream. I always find nothing out of order and the cats looking at me alarmed since I screamed.

I did a google search on this months ago and I diagnosed myself with EHS. I have never thought it was anything paranormal related.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I am telling you guys, I really think this has something to do with our serotonin, probably GABA, dopamine, and some others as well.

When I was 23 I started taking the antidepressant, "pristiq" an SNRI or selective serotonin and norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitor. It wasn't in my best interest but I was naive at the time and the doctor had an incentive to prescribe the drug.

I was seeking help for panic attacks which I now know I could have managed without medication.

Anyway, after the drug reached steady levels n my blood I was instructed to increase the dosage, shortly after that I was thrown into a week long manic episode where I slept maybe three hours total. The rest of the time I was having agonizing anxiety, or laying down at night on the edge of sleep in some sort of manic waking nightmare.

During this time I was experiencing what seems like every EHS or EHS like symptom.

I was hearing what sounded like hundreds of people all talking loudly at once, as if I were in the midst of a large house party.

There are always these strange brain zaps, and sensations like your brain is dizzy or doing a spin.......it's awful.

My name being called or shouted, random voices, pops, bangs, metallic noises, the list goes on and on.

I weened myself off of that stuff within a year but I can still feel the impact some seven to eight years later.

I have also used various supplements and medications over the years that have an effect on serotonin among other neurotransmitters and every single time I would experience those same symptoms.

Along with the EHS stuff, I would sometimes have sleep paralysis, as well as a few other odd things I can hardly explain.
edit on 20-3-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join