It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cat with no name!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The cat I have now has front claws and I have no furniture destroyed. I have things he can scratch on and he knows what he can't scratch on.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhoDat09

The cat I have now has front claws and I have no furniture destroyed. I have things he can scratch on and he knows what he can't scratch on.

Well good
some don't care about scratching furniture.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well, I read your post and said, "Awwwww ww. How sweet...at least they tried."

Went on my merry way, and thought to myself "That sweet kitty would have had a home with me in a New York minute." Signed out and went back on my merry way again.

Couldn't stand it and had to come back and say my piece. Yes, he does indeed looks like an "Oliver". And, lucky you, HE chose YOU. Perhaps there was something he sensed as he was wandering around looking for a place to land as he enlisted help from the person who came to your door. Apparently the person who found him just didn't quite live up to his standards and knew if he worked his magic on you he would be loved.

His legs and paws are beautiful and looks like he will turn out to be quite the handsome gentleman with loads of love to share in years to come. They KNOW...they know some people NEED them and will go to many lengths to convince them of that. Which is something he's obviously worked due diligence on procuring with you. To me, he senses there's something he has to accomplish in a very single minded way by trying so hard to insert himself in your family's midst...ya gotta feel that! I've always found that these tabby's are the smartest and most down to earth too. They'll find you n matter where you are!

I think there's something the future holds for you all together as one, whole family. He offers what he has to give freely, with no misgivings and asks pretty much nothing in return except a warm place to sleep (probably any place he so desires!) and has already captured your son's heart I'd say. All he needs is a trip to the vet, food, water, litterbox (make him an indoorsie cat for his safety and peace of mind for you, especially around parking lots). So, just accept him on his terms, love him and he'll return that love in ways you can't imagine.

The Cat Lover Extraordinaire...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Well said!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WhoDat09

Yes we too have a cat scratch post and the cat loves to scratch it.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster

Why are you de clawing a cat, that's down right cruelty.

This. I hate people who declaw cats. It's like cutting a person's fingers off. It's completely unnatural and unnecessary. If you don't want the cat to scratch the couch, give it a scratching post, don't cut its fingers off.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

This. I hate people who declaw cats. It's like cutting a person's fingers off. It's completely unnatural and unnecessary. If you don't want the cat to scratch the couch, give it a scratching post, don't cut its fingers off.

It's not unnecessary, the front claws. if you have an indoor cat there is no reason not to. Ask a Vet. It is not like chopping fingers off.

I have scratching posts for my cats. They use their back claws and pad on it with front feet and'toes'.

Cruelty? You are going a bit far.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: trollz

It's not unnecessary, the front claws. if you have an indoor cat there is no reason not to. Ask a Vet. It is not like chopping fingers off.

I have scratching posts for my cats. They use their back claws and pad on it with front feet and'toes'.

Cruelty? You are going a bit far.

Declawing also can cause lasting physical problems

Many countries have banned declawing.

Too often, people think that declawing is a simple surgery that removes a cat's nails—the equivalent of having your fingernails trimmed. Sadly, this is far from the truth.

Declawing traditionally involves the amputation of the last bone of each toe. If performed on a human being, it would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle.

www.humanesociety.org...
You're extremely ignorant in your assertion that there is "no reason not to" declaw cats. Go read about what declawing is since you clearly have no idea. It's literally an amputation of bone in the feet, and it's banned in many countries as it's seen as cruelty.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Here's an opinion from a Veterinarian since you advised me to ask one:

In England declawing is termed "inhumane" and "unnecessary mutilation." I agree. In many European countries it is illegal.

Declawing is actually an amputation of the last joint of your cat's "toes".

www.declawing.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Here's a news article for you:

Whether it’s done with inexpensive guillotine clippers (the same style used to trim cat and dog toenails) or with a laser—which makes a cleaner cut than a clipper or a scalpel—the result is the same: an amputated paw. The rounded bones removed in declawing are the very parts that allow a cat’s foot to roll forward when it walks and distributes weight in the feet as it moves. Cats are thus left with reduced mobility

the University of Guelph’s Ameet Singh and Brigitte Brisson note the risk factors for feline declawing: infection, pain and lameness, bone fragments, tendon contracture, paw pad trauma, arthritis, nerve damage, remaining bone protrusions, and nail regrowth

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) official position on declawing is:
The only circumstance in which the procedure could be condoned would be if the health and safety of the guardian would be put at risk.

www.thedailybeast.com... /02/what-s-good-for-veterinarians-is-bad-for-cats.html

Do any kind of internet search for "vets against declawing" or "why declawing is bad" and you'll find plenty of material.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
my suggestion is 'darling sweety precious darling baby darling...
what beauty!
congrats!
hello there new cat....hello OP, my name is peppy and i noticed you as well as the cat....

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

You can stop trolling, since front declawing has been found to be safe and useful, unless the cat is an outdoor cat. It is also safer in a multi cat home.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think those boys or boy was sent by his mother to see if you'd take him in, they keep removing the signs lol
Anyway he seems like a keeper
You can call him Keeper!
Rusty
Ginger
Cookie
Oliver is nice though

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

He is a beautiful looking little fellow and to me it sound's as if YOU have been adopted by this desperate little fellow.

If the sign's keep getting taken down then it was probably the kid's own cat and his mother saying they dont' want a cat makes me even more consider that this was in fact there cat.

That said if you can afford to get him fixed (So he does not become territorial and start scenting your house - curtains, back of your furniture etc - when he get's a little older) and his injection's then as you already know owning a cat there love back for you is it's own reward.

The point is that his former owner -if it is that mother- obviously does not deserve him, he is better with you if you can afford the addition of this little fellow than going to a shelter or on the street's (which given the scratches may mean he was actually a stray).

I don't know why or how but cat's find those that like them, they seem attracted to some people and repelled by others.

Also if they are loving cat's then you get free acupuncture, you know when they do that kitten thing with there paw's while sitting on you, ouch!.

I had one that demanded to come in the bathroom whenever I took one (or he would sit outside the bathroom crying), not in the water of course but sitting on the side of the bath and I being a little large for my tub would often have my toes break the surface of the water much to his great delight and my terror, think of it like jaw's in reverse, the small tabby cat lungeing at the giant's toe, he was a terror and would play hide and seek, we had a padded foot stool which we call a puffy in the UK, he would hide under it and anyone walking past was fair game, loved him but one day he just vanished and broke all our heart's.

I do agree Oliver goes very nicely for this little fellow.
edit on 6-3-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
He is an Alex if I ever saw one.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Like everyone else has said, if the cat seeks you out, it is pretty much a done deal you're it!

He looks like a Zeke to me

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

He isn't trolling. Declawing is inhumane. Period. End of story. Any vet that promotes declawing is only doing so because they can make thousands upon thousands per year by performing the procedure. You seriously need to watch The Paw Project. It is available on youtube. I would link it here but I don't want to derail the thread.

Anyway, congrats to WhoDat09 on your new fur baby! I think Oliver is nice but Ollie would funner to say.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

front declawing has been found to be safe

Wrong, there are tons of complications and long-term health effects on cats, as are explained in the links I provided to you. You can also feel free to look up pictures of cats that have had to have their legs amputated after complications from declawing.

and useful

That's just a lie. There is no beneficial use to a cat from removing part of its feet and there is something wrong with you to suggest otherwise.

It is also safer in a multi cat home.

Wrong. Cats that are declawed are known to become more aggressive towards other cats as a result of them knowing they can no longer use their claws to defend themselves, ie "I can't use my claws anymore and that scares me, so I'll be extra aggressive to this other cat so that it doesn't try to harm me". You might take note that declawing doesn't remove teeth, of which cats can still use to damage people and other cats.
edit on 3/6/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: primespickle

I think if we decide on Oliver, (which is looking really good) that we will actually call him Ollie! Cause Oliver is just too long to say, just like Awesomesauce, LOL I usually just say "Sauce stop that"!! or "Saucey knock it off", either way, he gets what I mean, and usually stops, not all the time, but most of it. If he does not "stop it" then I just get out the water bottle shake it and he stops whatever he was doing. He knows what the water bottle means! Funnily enough he doesn't mind taking baths! I hope Ollie (name still in ??), will take to his path. I am going to call the vet tomorrow to see about getting him fixed, I don't need a cat spraying all over the place!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

He is cute - I am a dog person myself, but if i ever had a cat I would go for Pyewacket - from Bell, Book and Candle.

Seems like your familiar. He came to you. There for a reason! Lucky, lucky kitty.

<< 1    3 >>

join