It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico launches nationwide effort in US to help migrants-legal assistance to illegal immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

yeah enough em file for help it will burn through that 50 million in no time, remember that defense lawyers aren't cheap.
edit on 4-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The president doesn't want these people who came here back, many are from areas like California that are full of liberals. All those liberals moving back will make all the leaders of Mexico want to leave.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

From the OP source: Hosted .Ap.Org...

"The tolerance is gone. I think that's the best way of describing it," said Oscar Solis, a first secretary of the Mexican consulate in Houston.

Imo...Oscar Solis summed it up (above).

I live near Houston, TX, where 25% of the States illegal population lives (which is estimated around 500k in Houston alone depending on the sources plus/minus); over half are believed to be from Mexico.

Something must give.

The Illegal immigrant population in Houston alone could fill SEVEN Reliant Stadiums to capacity.

mg

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Agreed, Trump is doing the right thing. How someone says illegals should stay are not thinking, they are using the emotions.

I would love to have everyone be here and enjoy the American life. But they need to do it legally, we are a nation of laws. Follow them or leave.

I agree. My wife is from a foreign country and she had to meet all the requirements even before leaving her country to come to the USA.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Why don't that put that money to use by fixing their own country?

Oh yeah, drugs - smh

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Oh, I know, but the argument we kept hearing is that they were sending us their best and brightest. But if that was really the case, then you'd think they'd want them back.

Of course, there was a time when Mexico was criminally underdeveloped and they actually were suffering from brain drain, but those days are past. Now, Mexico wants to get rid of their poor and chronically underperforming just like any other country would and we are the naive dumping ground that has a bunch of bleeding hearts who won't say no.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
This will make sure that all deportations cost thousands or tens of thousands of dollars for each individual case, and the taxpayers will pay for the processing, courts, appeals legal expenses etc.

Make it too expensive to deport, trumping MAGA.

Pay for the wall?

It's hard not to admire the simple brilliance in the Mexican strategy here. If it wasn't so diabolical.

Well ya can stop that by giving appeals to people who are not here legally to begin with. They should fall under international law and not US law since they are not citizens. FInally a use for the UN and the world court. But in th e mean time they get deported back.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

The government in Mexico seems to be more worried about the one sided NAFTA. They need this or there economy will be devastated.

To be honest, I don't care if the corps here in America can use their 3rd world labor pool to increase profits. Slavery is not dead, it is in our trade deals.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Do any of you have any knowledge of life in Mexico? How about India? I'm not even going to get into pre war Syria.

What is the percentage I wonder, of money earned in the US by Mexicans that was sent to Mexico to help their families that wasn't spent in America's economy. Quite a lot I reckon, though doubtful as much as India.

I worked with a beautiful and very bright Mexican woman who was scared #less for her family in Mexico. I have no doubt she was supporting them there on some level. I'm proud of her for that.

I've personally witnessed the chaos in India's Cast system and understand why they'd take advantage of a system we designed for them to take advantage of. It's terrible dad in India and terribly scary in Mexico.

I want to help, bit not by accessing America and shipping jobs. But by thriving as a nation an putting pressure on others who abuse their citizens.

Should be pretty easy seeing how we often force these nations to behave this way. We can just stop doing that.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Doesn't this give Trump all the political ammo he needs to sanction Mexico and bounce from NAFTA?

Mexico relies on its people jumping to the US illegally, stealing a job and then bringing the money back to Mexico. That is economic warfare.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Corporations are not interested in your human rights issues. They are interested in profits.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The thing is the illegal immigrants that are being deported have committed crimes in the U.S. Such as identity theft, stealing money from medicare/medicaid through stolen senior social security numbers, etc.

The Mexican embassies should be closed asap. They tried to influence the U.S. elections, and there is actual evidence for that, yet the lame-stream media did not report it 24/7 like they have done with the hoax that is "the Russian's stole the election".

Foreign embassies are supposed to work with legal immigrants, and they are supposed to work with the system of their host country. Instead the Mexican embassies interfered with our elections with their "immigration clinics for citizenship", and they are now trying to help illegal Mexicans who have committed crimes stay in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse
Do you agree that a person being here without going through the proper channels and procedures is a criminal?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Most likely it will be the criminals so it's not like everyone is going back. Should be easy. How can you defend criminals it won't fly in the courts.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Mexico is winning the war against the U.S. without firing a shot. These illegals are essentially civil soldiers, of course Mexico wants them to stay and continue winning the battle.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Yes, I think that Mexico has just earned sanctions. They are openly and earnestly working against the US national interests.

I wonder if DJ Trump is gong to respond to this?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Do you agree that a person being here without going through the proper channels and procedures is a criminal?

Yes, but that's not the people that the Mexican embassies want to help. The people getting deported committed other crimes in the U.S. The U.S. justice department could even file a lawsuit because Mexican authorities are trying to undermine U.S. law in U.S. soil.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

What is the percentage I wonder, of money earned in the US by Mexicans that was sent to Mexico to help their families that wasn't spent in America's economy.

just posted on this the other day. the remittance to foreign countries is staggering. 2015 outgoing from the U.S. was estimated at least 582 billion U.S., it was likely more due to the fact that many people didn't use wire or bank transfers and there's no way to track it.

in contrast the U.S. only received a little over 7 billion.

24 billion goes to mexico. exchange rate is 19.91 peso to $1.00.

here is a world wide remittance chart by country, and it's no surprise that the two countries you mentioned are in the top three.
click the outgoing/incoming buttons and hover over counties in map or scroll down chart in the link

Worldwide, an estimated 582 billion U.S. dollars was sent by migrants to relatives in their home countries in 2015, a 2% decline from 2014, when the amount was $592 billion, according to economists at the World Bank. This is the first drop in global remittances since 2009, when they fell by $28 billion amid the global financial crisis. Despite this recent decline, remittances sent by migrants are still about double what they were a decade ago, before the sharp decline in the global economy during the late 2000s. And, with the exception of 2009, migrant remittances worldwide have steadily climbed since the World Bank began releasing estimates in 1970.
Remittance Flows Worldwide in 2015

this is why the world is freaking out over trump and the illegal alien issue, the world won't be able to bleed the U.S. dry any more.
edit on 5-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I guess you really cant blame Mexico

Illegal immigrants being sent packing will reek havoc on their economy, how many Billions a year will they lose in money being sent back?

The only way the Mexican government would be making billions is if they had a piece of the pie of the Mexican drug cartel money. Knowing how corrupt Mexican authorities are, I am certain they do get money from the drugs the Mexican cartels get into the U.S.

That could also be the reason why they will be using $50 million U.S.D. to help illegal immigrants who have committed crimes in the U.S.

If President Trump is able to deport all illegal immigrants who have committed crimes then the drug cartels won't have as many contacts in the U.S. to receive the drugs that plague U.S. soil and Americans.

edit on 5-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I see what you are saying, Trump is going after the criminal elements. So that is who is going to be seeking help.

I am saying they all need to leave. Get in line and pay your dues. If not, don't come here. I could not just swing into Mexico, they would kick me out.

<< 1    3 >>

join