It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodnight Sarah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
My heartfelt condolences. We lost our dog a long time ago and no matter what people say he was a part of our family. People without pets will never understand the strong bond that connects us with them. Again i'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They are truly family members.

Rest easy knowing you will see her again.

Heaven wouldn't be Heaven without our Dogs.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How sad for you. May she run free and happy for ever protecting you.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So sorry for your loss
It's really hard to lose a pet we've loved for so many years

I hope this song is ok for you

edit on 3-3-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I'm sorry about your friend. The love that we feel for our animal friends is truly deep and I think that folks who don't care for them (unfortunately, I know a few) just can't 'grasp' the concept.

I'm sitting in bed with my loyal friend Wally beside me. He'll be 15 in July.
Tough old booger and healthy internally but, he's getting slower and more skittish of jumping onto the bed in the mornings.
He used to love running outside but, tires quickly and would rather just lay in the sun wherever he plops down rather than searching for the perfect spot.
The vet says that he will 'outlive' his eyes (cataracts).

I imagine that I'll miss him terribly and and be just a little more lonely when he's gone.
Sarah is beautiful and I'm hoping that the memories and photos and such will help you along the way.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Sixteen years.

That only makes it hurt worse. I'm sorry, man. I'm not sure what we do to deserve the love of a dog, but it couldn't possibly have been enough. They see us through thick and thin, when we're down, they know it and try to help--usually with great success--us feel better.

There's a poem that is so appropriate for moments like this...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Rainbow bridge.

One day, in the future, you'll meet your Sarah again. ...and it'll be as though no time has passed. You'll both be young, again, with nothing to do but be with each other and all the other loved ones we miss.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I lost my best friend today too mate. Riley was a pretty smart dog too. I can feel your pain. He was 13. It's a rough day.

It hurts like freakin' hell to lose someone you love.

But they live on in our memories.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am sorry to hear of your loss but glad that you were able to share 16 years. The good times with good friends always pass to quickly regardless of how often or how lengthy.

Great Pyrenees are wonderful.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
What a beautiful post in memory of Sarah Siobahn. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

I'm sure she will always be with you.

Mike.

<< 1   >>

join