It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Shot of Trump’s War on Weed: Feds Ice Cannabis Cup

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Just so you know, your comment about not proliferating it...well night-clubs and beer conventions are the equivalent to what you made the cannabis cup out to be. But, and of course there is a but, one causes liver failure and the other doesn't. I'll let you figure out which one does that.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good post

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Starting with my initial post in this thread... I attempted to be a "go between." I was simply giving advice as to how best to convince the non-pot crowd to be more open to the idea.

If any of that offended you... I'm not sorry.

If you think that it's better to NOT try and convince those that aren't already in your camp... what can I say?

I provided information essentially as a consultant.... essentially as a PR Firm.

To be candid, considering that I personally would vote "no" in a hypothetical where citizens in my town would be voting for legality... and I'm still giving people advice on how to convince others to vote "yes".... I'm not entirely sure what your issue is with me.

Edit to Add: This thread in a way reminds me of celebrities that die too young because they don't have "real" friends to tell them "NO" once in a while.

All I've done is give advice.... sincere advice to give the pot-folks an insight as to what might convince their opponents to agree with them.... and many have gotten upset.

If you take personal feelings out of it... does it really make sense to totally disregard advice given by someone with a (slightly) opposing view?

edit on 2-3-2017 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

f you take personal feelings out of it... does it really make sense to totally disregard advice given by someone with a (slightly) opposing view?

I didn't say that at all now did I?

I simply made a realistic comparison to alcohol and marijuana culture. It's very hypocritical for you to say you used to consume marijuana but now would tell others with your vote they cannot.

I agree, if it is to be legalized it needs to be kept responsible and not made out to be the party drug of choice. I said the same thing about vaping (nicotine). There are assholes out there that will ruin it for everyone, despite the benefits, and there are also assholes out there that will spite it out of personal beliefs and feelings.

The bar/nightclub scenario is a very valid comparison however. The same things happen there that would occur at a cannabis festival, except one is illegal and one is legal.

Legalization, regulation, and taxation. That is really the only sound approach to it. but unfortunately too many let emotions dictate their decision.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The deal is, we are equipped with cannabinoid receptors. We are made to receive cannabinoids in our system. Our bodies produce cannabinoids, as does just about every single animal on earth. Activating CB1 and CB2 receptors has been studied, and in most cases you see beneficial results. In some cases (for example, CB2 receptors in cardiac smooth muscles) can cause or worsen some types of heart disease.

But the potential for pain treatment (both through the blocking of GABA production and through action on immune cells), improving osteoporosis (CB2 receptors can spur bone cell creation), antiemetic properties, etc....its fairly well understood.

There are trade offs. Like with anything.

Were it not an intoxicant, however, I don't think there would be much question in its overall safety as far as impact on the physical body goes. Combusting anything releases harmful compounds, which again isn't something anyone would question. From a position of rationality and reason, there isn't really a reason other than that its simply an intoxicant and we live in a Judeo Christian country that looks down on things that can reduce human misery as being "sinful".

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join