It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Bigfoot Screams the Real Deal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Was camping up in Ontario in a nice little used provincial park. About 8-9 pm a roar echo'ed over and across the lake and campground. It was shockingly loud and I even ducked as I heard it.

The entire campground slammed shut. People dove into campers and tents and it was lanterns OUT!

Whatever it was was huge and PISSED.

I've compared the call to other BF recordings and altho I wasn't over on the cliff's to hunt down what made that ungodly call I can say there isn't anything else up in those woods that could have other than a large pissy male BF.

Say what you will but it isn't an area with BF researchers in it, so not some bloody idiot trying to call one in, and altho it took a few years I did come across some reports of them by locals finally.

This guy has some of the best and also the most BF calls recorded for people who are interested.
sites.google.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DelmarRozan

How about even owl screeches? I don't think the said bigfoot sounds compare to those and other animals for the most part.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Owls, too, can make an incredible variety of noises. Scary as all get out, too, when they come swoopin' in on ghost wings, right past your camp fire.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The first time we heard a screech owl do the "decending treble call" it resulted in mayhem here with the kids.
It sounds just like a UFO landing and altho the kids kept pointing out into the woods no ship was seen.

The girls were crying and us adults were WTF???

One call to the local nature center cleared it up (thank god) and we found out the culprit was our orange tabby relentlessly harassing it. Sadly the owl finally got him cause he just wouldn't leave it alone, & yes we did everything to keep him indoors.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: namelesss

Which vague, indeterminate video? There are so many, after all. My favorite is the tree-stump Sasquatch

Haha! Is that what's meant by 'snarky'?

I have to add this (a true story), though, by way of being fair;

We were camping out in the Oregon woods, a bit southwest of Cave Junction, SW of Grant's Pass.
There was a campfire burning low, and it was mighty dark, made all the more so by the brightness of the fire in our eyes.
I heard some cracking twigs about thirty feet away.
I never saw anything, all was shadow, except for the shadow that assed, momentarily, before the tree that was lit by the campfire's glow.
After all was, again silent, I went to the tree, did some triangulating, and found that whatever had passed before the tree must have been approx 8 feet tall!
I have no theory to support.
Perhaps it was bigfoot?
Perhaps it was one of those gigantic well fed stoners that inhabit those parts?
Perhaps it was echoes of the fire's cracklins' and shadows caused by the dancing low flames?
Funny thing, I really do not want that question answered, not for fear of anything, but because the unanswered question is so delicious! *__-

Then, there was the night of the 'UFO'...
but that's for another night! *__-

edit on 19-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: erikthegreen

Do you think PGF is a man in a suit?

And did you listen to the Sierra sounds as well as looked into analysis of them?

I know that any and all video, any and all audio, any and all anecdote... can be faked.
Easily.
I do not consider that to be 'knowledge'.
Knowledge = experience!
When the next guy claims to have broken the laws of physics, unless he can repeat the trick in front of me, I need not pursue it further. The laws of physics are supportable, this guy claiming to 'levitate' has no support! *__-
And I have no 'beliefs' to need to support.
When I see more evidence, my tentative acceptance level will rise a few degrees, perhaps.
Logic can be accepted into 'evidence'.
All the 'evidence' that I have seen, and I have lived there, leaves no room but for the imagination to fill in the shadows.
I recounted my 'possible' sighting a few posts ago, if you're interested.

The Earth is a very small place, especially in that neck of the woods, and statistically, if some large species exists, we have already found it.

But, I'm agnostic on the matter. *__-

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DelmarRozan

This one is pretty clear but doesn't say what it is.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Sort of I guess. It didn't deserve full on snark, as it was a valid observation.

Grants Pass, Oregon? Been there many a time, though not since the early 90's. Camping. Some back-country back packing. Didn't see anything there, other than a couple of bears way off in the distance.

When you have a campfire, you sit with your back to it, with a blanket wrapped around you...that preserves your night vision. Small fire, so you can sit close.

Yep, noise at night can be very misleading. Our senses are very much attuned to the day light hours, unless you work really hard at it, so they're easily deceived at night.

Could have been almost anything, including Bigfoot.

...and I agree, some mysteries maybe should remain such.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Like I mentioned getting me to listen to a podcast is like trying to drag horses into a fire.
However this one is, again, very different. A Game Warden shares his sightings very matter of factly and also his frustration with not being able to make official reports without being fired.

I was impressed with his non-embellished and plain "just the facts" relating of what he's seen on the job.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78
Did it make the little hairs on the back of your neck stand up?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

The scream, the owl, or the podcasts?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Owls, too, can make an incredible variety of noises. Scary as all get out, too, when they come swoopin' in on ghost wings, right past your camp fire.

Heard a variety of animals through the years but the last time an owl screeched in my yard(unsure at first what it was), the way it did it was indeed frighting.
edit on 19-2-2017 by dreamingawake because: quote didnt work

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

There's a reason owls figure so prominently in myth and legend, both good and bad.

They're such cool critters.

There's an owl somewhere near where I'm living right now, early in the evening, late at night we sometimes hear him calling.

Haven't seen him/her yet, probably never will as he/she seems to be a cagey old bird who knows the trick of being incognito.

Much like Sasquatch... Hmm...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Part 6 has the story in your OP.

edit: been a good listen, thanks.
edit on 19-2-2017 by ventian because: annotation

edit on 19-2-2017 by ventian because: wrong number

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I have seen it too. Not going in to a lot of detail, but we lived in Puyallup for years, moved out to the Roy/Yelm area near Ft Lewis Army reservation. There is something called the Yelm Howler here as well. We have heard sounds that came from one huge set of lungs and vocal cords that went on for twice as long as any human could vocalize and such a huge sound, it reverberated through the area. Before the howl, every dog in the neighborhood was going off. When it howled the dogs all shut down at the same instant. It went on and on and on, and my brain tried to categorize it. Was it the fire siren in town? Maybe one of those crotch rocket motorcycles? Then it culminated in a sort of primal scream and I knew that sound came from a big huge set of lungs. It is impossible to mimic, but sounded sort of like the Ohio recordings, but bigger, deeper and much longer drawn out. BTW my own sighting was only maybe 6-7 miles from here.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

...When you have a campfire, you sit with your back to it, with a blanket wrapped around you...that preserves your night vision. Small fire, so you can sit close.

We lived out there, we were not SEALs behind 'enemy' lines ferchrissakes! *__-
I do like your strategic bent, though! Spot on!

Yep, noise at night can be very misleading. Our senses are very much attuned to the day light hours, unless you work really hard at it, so they're easily deceived at night.

The only noise, besides the quiet fire was the occasional cracking of a ground twig.
(Obviously bigfoot isn't a SEAL either! *__- )

...and I agree, some mysteries maybe should remain such.

I think that it adds a bit of... 'spice'.
Just as long as I know 'almost' everything, I'm fine..! hahahahah

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Neither was my grand dad, he's the one who taught me that... Not just for behind the lines. Never know when you might need the ol' night vision.

Thanks, though... That struck my funny bone.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Coopdog

I've heard stories about it, but you're the first witness I've heard from.

Thanks for tellin' it!!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Thank you for posting this! If the story is indeed true, that man must had broken a lot of mirrors in his lifetime! Yikes

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofeden

I've always looked at this way when it comes to these stories.

Certainly some are looking for that 15 minutes of fame thing, and are willing to put up with being called names. But then there are people like myself who've been called anything from delusional to a liar--I'm not gaining anything from putting my story out there.

Generally, unless it's really obvious that it's not true, I'm willing to at least consider that they might actually be relating a true story from their perspective.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join