It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Transit Riders upset about Security Checks in Progress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Wild rumors flying all around because some Chicago Transit trains are spot checking bags and what not on rapid transit trains.

People wondering what's going on and think there's something ready to "happen".

Social media panicking.

The Police confirm the checkpoints are real and they say DHS is involved !!

Lots of nervous nellies are reacting !!

Rumors all over the place. many think this is some new kind of "Immigration Status" roundup !!

Local stories ...
CTA Riders Confused, Concerned As Homeland Security Checks Bags At Addison Red Line

CTA riders expressed confusion and concern after encountering a security checkpoint—which included bag checks and Department of Homeland Security personnel—at a North Side Red Line stop on Tuesday morning.

A Chicago police department spokesperson confirmed that officers from the Public Transportation Section “were conducting bag checks” at the Addison Red Line station on Tuesday morning. “This is part of routine checks conducted randomly around the city,” police said. Homeland Security also participated in the security detail, CPD confirmed to Chicagoist.

The DHS presence at the CTA stop on Tuesday was that of the (at-times controversial) Visible Intermodal Prevention & Response personnel (VIPR), which falls under TSA's expanded purview, Thomas Kelly, of Homeland Security's Office of the Director/Public Affairs, confirmed. VIPR is deployed in concert with local police departments "in a random and unpredictable manner" as means of deterring terrorism, according to the TSA.

Rumors of Immigration Checks at CTA Stations Are False, Officials Say

Rumors circulating on social media about immigration checks occurring at CTA stations in Chicago are not true, authorities said Wednesday.

The Chicago Police Department, in conjunction with agents from the Department of Homeland Security, conducted “random bag checks” at the CTA’s Addison Red Line station in the city’s Lake View neighborhood on Tuesday, according to police.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
And if they didn't do anything and someone goes BOOM!! They would all be complaining. I'm so sorry some people that are here illegally feel threatened.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not a bad strategy really.

"Random Bag Check" will send illegals scurrying even if theyre not specifically looking for illegals.

Not sure whether it will affect terrorists in any way but at least theyre doing something to create the appearance of increased security.

I guess im ok with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
We had a nutjob light a molotov cocktail in a train car at rush hour just last week.

It blew up on him before he could throw it.

Insane.

www.scmp.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
people were posting all over facebook yesterday. not sure how to feel about it or what the deal is with these random searches, are we going to be a militarized check point country like the eastern bloc or israel?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Maybe they dont want firearms etc weapons on board?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
No warning or release of any information?

Police state.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This doesn't seem like a bad idea in Carnage infested cesspool laden with illegal aliens and gangbanging thugs like Chicago has become. We already know that the local government will do nothing to stop them so the feds have to get involved.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

what do you know about chicago? carnage laden from illegal alien thugs? you're painting the wrong picture, the majority of immigrant people in chicago (legal or illegal) are decent law abiding citizens. the gang/thug mentality in chicago started a long long time ago by immigrants from ireland and italy (al capone was an illegal immigrant btw).
edit on 15-2-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why would any terrorist try to cause chaos in Chicago?

The place is already worse than the ME.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Wild rumors flying all around because some Chicago Transit trains are spot checking bags and what not on rapid transit trains.

People wondering what's going on and think there's something ready to "happen".

Social media panicking.

The Police confirm the checkpoints are real and they say DHS is involved !!

Lots of nervous nellies are reacting !!

Calm down !

They are just looking for illegal guns.

Trump said he'd send in the troops to clean up Chicago.

Well, its being done !

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Because you personally know and have interviewed every illegal alien and gang banger in Chicago? Okay maybe not all them. A good percentage of them maybe? Okay maybe not a good percentage of them. A viable cross-section of them? I don't know what you're getting at. Somebody has to be doing all of those bad things. Somebody has to be committing all those murders and violent crimes. So you tell me mister Chicago expert who is killing everyone and shooting everyone and raping everyone in Chicago then?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Secure Transit... for law abiding commuters... Step one to isolating the criminals...

Seems like a rational move to me...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Arizonaguy

what do you know about chicago? carnage laden from illegal alien thugs? you're painting the wrong picture, the majority of immigrant people in chicago (legal or illegal) are decent law abiding citizens. the gang/thug mentality in chicago started a long long time ago by immigrants from ireland and italy (al capone was an illegal immigrant btw).

How about at least just use google to check your claim. I attached a link to show you where the violence comes from. Has pictures and all. Moral of the story is you're wrong.

ABCNews

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
And if they didn't do anything and someone goes BOOM!! They would all be complaining. I'm so sorry some people that are here illegally feel threatened.
That's right! And screw inalienable rights! That stuff is for communists!!! SMH

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
"Papers, show me your papers!"

I don't like this, they had better have a good reason.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't like it either. Where is the probable cause? That said - This is what Chicago finally gets upset about?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
are we going to be a militarized check point country like the eastern bloc or israel?

We should never bow down for that.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not so
I believe when you purchase a ticket for said transit you acquiesce to this type of search.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
How many of Chicago's various murders, shootings, etc... actually occur on the Transit system?

This smacks of trying to be seen doing something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join