It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students wear white pins to remind them of white privilege

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And that's not even the most expensive...

I'm still lookin' for the guy who failed to send me my certificate for "white privilege"... He and I need to have a chat.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
This is in my local area, all kinds of racial things are going on all around me. E-Town college is a place a lot of local kids go to after high school here, I know quite a bit of people that went there when we finished High School and not a lot of them are "privileged"

Hell look at all the racial BS going on around Lebanon Valley College... Just the other week a black man and his buddy went to a local wing shop drunk and disorderly and started flipping out when they were served food and not alcohol. They made the owner angry enough he told them to quit acting like n***ers and leave before police get involved. That pretty much shut him down and out of business with all the protests and he has a civil suit coming his way from the drunk disorderly black kid that provoked him in his own business. Sure the owner was stupid for saying what he said but this crap is well out of control.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I find it odd that this is not squashed by the admin at the college. This could lead to trouble in the student populace.

Almost like its some sort of social engineering.

I grew up with poor white and poor black people in the same neighborhood. Color is not an issue when you're living hand to mouth.

I used to think it insane when people would talk about a race war happening on the streets of America, and now it is becoming an increasingly likely scenario.

And it is NOT by accident.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

This isn't PC at this point. This has gone way beyond that.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

If this is true, why do you care?

Let's wear black pens to remind everyone that black people commit over half of all violent crime and to be vigilant for their own safety. At least that would be factual and might even save lives.
edit on 15-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

[Image of whites in shackles]

Wow, why are there no black people doing this? After all none of them ever experienced it either. Especially those that came to the States seeking work and whose families have never ever even been involved in slavery.

I am ashamed for those whites, it's embarrassing because it gives layabouts and gimmethats reasons to use the colour of their skin to get special treatment that they frankly don't deserve.

No other people who have been enslaved in the past is making such a big fuss. I can only point out the Irish, who were enslaved and treated far worse that blacks ever [because they were cheap and easy to replace].
As a matter of fact a lot of people don't even know the Irish were slaves, because they got on with it and don't NEED to keep reminding people of their past.

I get the feeling this black slavery thing is really only an easy way for the lazy to get handouts.

Plus black people that need to play the victim card to get freebies should be ashamed as there is slavery going on RIGHT NOW. From builders in Dubai whose passports are taken away and treated so badly that a lot of them die, to trafficked human sex slaves, who are sold for money and kept and being mistreated, often far worse than some slaves ever were.

To be honest I wish someone would help those people instead of harping on and supporting humans that have more privilege living in the USA than a lot of others around the world.

Shut up and make something of yourself. It is hard for everyone. It is hard being a woman, it is hard being small, it is hard being gay, it is hard being disabled and more. You have opportunities, use them, instead of joining gangs and then cry if people don't like you.

And to all decent hard working blacks, I say: "Well done, you are an asset."

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I need to get a middle finger pin so I remind everyone how much I care about their feelings.

then you'd get thrown in jail because some asshat found it to be offensive.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Could the white pins be prompted and spurred by comments like, and I para phrase. the police acted stupidly.

This changed how everyone got along, and it has sucked on ice every since.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Very true, this was started under Bill Clinton, when being called a racist and it's for the children came out of some think tank.
Now it is gong to hit it logical conclusion with some good old fashioned riots, murders and fire. Just another thing to thank the tolerant left for.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

THat was a major moment in recent history.

He had a chance in that moment to exhibit principled leadership, and instead he chose to light a fire.

JSR

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Young people in America have way to much time on their hands.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JSR
Young people in America have way to much time on their hands.

This crap is happening in all western nations.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Kali74

Again with the Nazi stuff.

Where is all this neo-Nazi stuff coming from?

Is there a new club on these campuses?

I think I understood your paragraph, the neo Nazi's are whipping all this up? You lost me where the SJW, ( SJW is a silly name) come into all this.

The media is telling everyone that if you disagree you are a white supremacist or nazi.

YES. And if they don't stop, we are going to see some really bad things. This has been getting WAY out of hand. Opinions are one thing, but painting people as Nazis and white supremacists over political differences is stepping far over the line.

I don't want to see what will happen if this continues in our institutions of learning, or the MSM and Hollywood. They are playing a very dangerous game.
I agree. At best, throwing around such terms cheapens them. At worst, it's creating extreme division in our society for which there may be consequences.

This is what the the social justice people don't get, these approaches are counter productive and not really helping the cause.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: everyone

[Image of whites in shackles]

Wow, why are there no black people doing this? After all none of them ever experienced it either. Especially those that came to the States seeking work and whose families have never ever even been involved in slavery.

I am ashamed for those whites, it's embarrassing because it gives layabouts and gimmethats reasons to use the colour of their skin to get special treatment that they frankly don't deserve.

No other people who have been enslaved in the past is making such a big fuss. I can only point out the Irish, who were enslaved and treated far worse that blacks ever [because they were cheap and easy to replace].
As a matter of fact a lot of people don't even know the Irish were slaves, because they got on with it and don't NEED to keep reminding people of their past.

I get the feeling this black slavery thing is really only an easy way for the lazy to get handouts.

Plus black people that need to play the victim card to get freebies should be ashamed as there is slavery going on RIGHT NOW. From builders in Dubai whose passports are taken away and treated so badly that a lot of them die, to trafficked human sex slaves, who are sold for money and kept and being mistreated, often far worse than some slaves ever were.

To be honest I wish someone would help those people instead of harping on and supporting humans that have more privilege living in the USA than a lot of others around the world.

Shut up and make something of yourself. It is hard for everyone. It is hard being a woman, it is hard being small, it is hard being gay, it is hard being disabled and more. You have opportunities, use them, instead of joining gangs and then cry if people don't like you.

And to all decent hard working blacks, I say: "Well done, you are an asset."

That is a very good point actually.

And yes i also agree that the whole thing is just a excuse to get handouts, attention and special privilege which in turn does not make the "Black community" stronger but weaker and more Dependant and more whiny making it so that people do not take them serious anymore like with most SJW's. They are running out of gas.

We already seen feminazi's fading away. For instance not to long ago the entire gaming industry (the developers not the consumers) gave sarkeesian the middle finger when she tried to make a move again and more and more people are becoming numb to the words "racist,sexist,bigot, fascist" because people simply KNOW they are not that or even seem like it but yet they get called it 24/7.

Im 50% white and 50% black and i care. I don't like to see the "black community" (always so dumb to call it that) allowing themselves to be made dumber and weaker and choosing the easy way out and blame the world because of their drinking problems or gambling issues or whatever issues. And i also dont like to see white people being blamed for anything and everything and things that happened hundreds of years ago.

Right now there is slavery of black people ran by black people in africa, there is slavery going on by arabs to arabs and black people in the middle east but here they are planting their lilly buts on CNN given a spot using up valuable airtime complaining and crying that christmas song's are somehow racist living in a predominantly white country that voted in a black president , twice.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Students wear white pins to remind them of white privilege

That's some privilege if they need a pin to remind them of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

A valid point.

I'm still waitin' on mine. My white privilege, I mean.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

A myth that desperate people cling to in order to justify their feelings about black people.

Counter Punch

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ida didn't decline to give specifics, she has none since white privilege is made up by the media to keep racial tension high. Only an idiot would fall for media BS.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

The only thing I see are neo-nazi's stirring up White Nationalism and anti-Liberalism with this constant barrage of what these liberal white kids are doing or what BLM is doing etc...

GOOD! Anti liberalism is akin to anti fascism and anti nazism, anti racism and anti communism. The more anti liberalism we can have, the better off this world will be.

Or do you think that a "think the same as I do or I'll attack you" ideology is a good thing?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

If this is true, why do you care?

Let's wear black pens to remind everyone that black people commit over half of all violent crime and to be vigilant for their own safety. At least that would be factual and might even save lives.

You hit the nail on the head when you said "factual". Libs and those with extremely low iq (which I guess means Libs) refuse to accept factual information into their minds. 6% of the population (black males) commit just over 46% of ALL crime in the USA. That's actually a FACT, which by very definition, is NOT racist

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join