It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students wear white pins to remind them of white privilege

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: seasonal

It's like those gay lance armstrong bracelets.

IMAO.

It's nothing like that at all. You get those bracelets for donating to cancer research.

I wear my cancer bracelets because I'm a survivor and have seen many children die along the way.

These students are just naive little twerps looking for attention as usual. They're just pawns of something they probably barely understand or care about. "Look how progressive and PC our students are!"

edit on 14-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I suggest they wear chains & shackles to show solidarity with all their BLM hero's......more authentic way to virtue signal.

edit on 14-2-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

How come this white privledge # seems to only exist in the us and south america?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: EightAhoy

Yikes! That's like the average household salary in the US just to attend a year.

That meal plan must be all about steak and seafood at $5,550 for nine months. Wow.

It's probably multi-ethnic and someone is likely planning to protest it next week because the bahn mi doesn't have authentic pickle on it and they don't serve fried chicken every week ... wait! that was at Cornell and they were mad at the insensitive cultural appropriation.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

eh, I was eluding more to this, had a brainfart only scause i could think of was Lance.

The town of South Park discontinues using their "What would Jesus do?" bracelets after learning that traces of performance-enhancing drugs and other illicit substances were found on the Shroud of Turin, leading to the conclusion that Jesus did not suffer for humanity's sins or perform miracles of his own ability, but was merely under the influence of drugs. Stan Marsh, however, controversially refuses to take off his bracelet because he simply likes it and has had it for some time. Though he draws criticism, he also inspires a movement called "Stanground" whose adherents wear bracelets to express nonconformity, independence of thought and authenticity. The movement becomes so popular that Stan becomes a celebrity, and appears in a Nike commercial.

However, Stan is subsequently accused by French scientists of having removed his bracelet and gluing it back together. Though scientific tests confirm this, Stan continues to deny the allegation, labeling the matter a "witchhunt". When Stan goes to the lead French scientist's house to search for evidence to discredit him, he runs into Jesus, who is there for the same reason. Agreeing that the accusations against them distract the public from more relevant issues, such as the plight of farmers in Belarus, the two decide to raise awareness of that problem by going to the P.F. Pityef Bracelet Factory, where they learn, in a sequence featuring rhyme and animation in the style of Dr. Seuss,[1][2] that such bracelets are called scauses. Orange ones are made for the Belarus campaign, which becomes the number one concern among the public.

Despite the scauses, the Belarusian farmers are slaughtered by their government. The public trades in their now-obsolete orange scauses for more timely ones, and after having profited from South Park consumers' money, the scause manufacturer leaves town. After Jesus and Stan realize they were duped by the factory, Jesus consumes some human growth hormone, transforms into a monstrous, muscle-bound version of himself, and destroys the P.F. Pityef Bracelet Factory. After returning to normal, Jesus tells the public that causes should not be expressed on one's wrists. Instead, he says, they should be expressed on T-shirts: revealing his shirt which reads, "Free Pussy Riot".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The Shroud of Turin is a 13th Century Fake . Take it from there....

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You beat me to it. I love how our culture thinks that if you wear a bracelet or pin it does anything.

So you have to buy or make these items, which costs money.

Wounder how much more money would have gone to good causes if so much apparel wasn't manufactured.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

This reminds me of high school when some people would wear a nofap bracelet to help them avoid masturbation. Never worked, lol

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Maybe next you can post some videos of military personnel going nuts on civilians for wearing military dress and symbols.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

heh

edit on 14-2-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13

This reminds me of high school when some people would wear a nofap bracelet to help them avoid masturbation. Never worked, lol

Bahahaha.

I would have worn like 10 on each arm for the lulz

edit on 14-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

They attributed those bracelets to school violence in a few instances.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Somebody, somewhere, under the multicultural rainbow wants white people to beat up white people.

And it's probably old white people.

The lunatic left may fall for it.
I hope the true left denounces it.
edit on 2017-02-14T20:55:13-06:002201714America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Oddly enough those stolen valor videos on YT are Epic!!!

Humans love to dress up.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

They attributed those bracelets to school violence in a few instances.

Haha, I imagine so. A bunch of horny, guilty high school kids? Nothing good is coming from that situation

link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy

It would be a privilege for anyone of any race to attend this school. Maybe they could sacrifice a year or two of tuition and allow a lowly community college or state school student to attend in their stead.

That's kinda what I was thinking. That's not the most effective environment to teach "privilege" since everybody there has experienced quite a damned bit of it.

link   
a reply to: c2oden

It seems the lunatic left is the one who has the media right now, so good luck with that.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Only good things was their palms were hairless.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

That is a good question, I can't say if it is talked about in EU or Australia.

Maybe WP is only in this hemisphere?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hey I'm a 54 year old single white guy! Where the * is my privilege? I want it now godammit!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join