It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Groups were funded during Obama's administration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"No big deal", you might say. So what if muslim groups have been funded. After you read this, some of you are going to have that tickle on the back of your neck that something isn't right.

Our tax dollars go to all sorts of things in the form of grants. Remember, this is our money...mine and yours. We work hard either in a small business or as an hourly or salaried employee. So, when that money is given away to others, we should be alert and aware of WHO is getting OUR money.

There is so much room for fraud, waste, and abuse in government programs that it's unreal to think about. The Washington, D.C. swamp has treated OUR TAX DOLLARS as if they were perpetually growing on a money tree in back of the White House. Are you as sick of it as I am when we see things like the following?...

In 2011, there was "a program created under President Barack Obama known as countering violent extremism, or CVE, which officials say aims to thwart extremist groups' abilities to recruit would-be terrorists". This program receives millions of dollars yearly in the form of grant money.

In the last days of Obama's administration, 31 federal grants were issued to CVE given to various organizations, schools, etc.

I would love to do some research on who exactly has been receiving all this federal money under the guise of "countering violent extremism" and find out just exactly how all these millions of dollars have really been spent. I would like to follow the money, in other words.

Have these muslim groups been funded by our own government under some pretense? That's my question, and I think it is a legitimate one to ask because of the following:

These groups have begun to turn down these government grants since Donald Trump took office!!
These groups have begun to TURN DOWN millions of dollars!!

Why are they turning this money down now? Note:

A California Islamic school wanted to keep an open mind before Donald Trump took office. But less than a month into Trump's presidency, the school rejected $800,000 in federal funds aimed at combatting violent extremism.

Bayan Claremont had received the second-largest grant, among the first 31 federal grants for CVE awarded to organizations, schools and municipalities in the dwindling days of the Obama administration. The school had hoped to use the money to help create a new generation of Muslim community leaders, with $250,000 earmarked for more than a dozen local nonprofits doing social justice work.

At Unity Productions Foundation of Potomac Falls, Virginia, officials said they would decline a grant of $396,585 to produce educational films challenging narrative supporting extremist ideologies and violent extremism "due to the changes brought by the new administration,"

And in Dearborn, Michigan, Leaders Advancing and Helping Communities said last week it was turning down $500,000 for youth-development and public-health programs because of the "current political climate."

Ka Joog, a leading Somali nonprofit organization in Minneapolis, also turned down $500,000 for its youth programs.

www.sacbee.com...

Other groups that have received this federal money are considering rejecting it as well. Their excuse is that President Trump is considering changing the name to "countering Islamic extremism".

So, I just have to say "wow"! Muslim groups getting paid by our Federal dollars to fight extremism within muslim communities is turning down millions of dollars because they don't want the words "Islamic extremism" in the title of the program.

That makes me think again...Just HOW have they really been spending our money.

Are they suddenly afraid of REAL oversight?

Have we been funding something nefarious with our tax dollars without the American People knowing it?

Are they already here...fully funded and just waiting?

edit on 11-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2017 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is revealing. No surprise, but revealing.

In related news, more money stays with us.

link   
I don't think that giving someone money to make a video or host some talks is going to make any difference. Those who are radicalized are not going to be swayed by being told not be radicalized by any means. Especially if the money spent to send them the message came from the great Satan itself. It will just fuel the fire.

Throwing money away is the only tool a politician has in its chest. Even if it keeps fueling the fire, they just throw more. And more.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

’Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself though, not a Montague.
What’s Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O! be some other name:
What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call’d,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name;
And for that name, which is no part of thee,
Take all myself.

-Wm Shakespeare

I'm going to have to give this some thought.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
We've been funding "nefarious," activities for decades.

Ever heard of Osama Bin Laden and the Muhajadeen? Freedom fighters to fight off the Commies! How about John McCain meeting with the leader of IS?

This is nothing new, at least to those who have been paying attention.

It isn't that the American people are unaware, it's that they don't care. How many Americans were up in arms about the wasted trillion dollars that went to the F-35 program? How many Americans care about the truth of 9/11 - how many Americans are educated in basic American history?

Our tax dollars fund "moderate rebel," groups, our tax dollars fund drone programs that murder innocent men, woman, and children - people simply don't care.

But that Walking Dead starts back up tomorrow!

Those who do care are too caught up in the partisan paradigm and are too distracted by the left/right non-sense to continue exposing these things.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I get where you're coming from. Most people don't want to think about such things. They just want our government to keep us safe here at home, by whatever means our president thinks is best.

The thought of groups, organized and funded for years, suddenly rejecting millions of dollars given to them by me and you through government grants to combat Islamic extremism, turning down funds because we have a new administration hellbent on protecting our homeland, is disturbing.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Good find

there's also a big organization that some see as a possible long term threat ......

Gülen movement

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

(Sigh) Did it ever occur to you that there are Muslim Americans too? Not only do we pay taxes, vote, and serve on juries, but we're also citizens who should have access to every right & opportunity given to other American citizens. That means that if Muslims like myself meet the qualification, we should be able to apply for the same grants and other taxpayer-funded programs that every other American demographic does. After all, it's our tax dollars, too.

Or what, are you trying to exclude Muslim Americans from having the same rights and opportunities as all other Americans?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Disturbing, indeed.

I wonder if they or any of their member groups have been getting CVE funds.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

"Yes" to the first part. "No" to the second part.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I love Shakespeare. He has a way of cutting through the crap and revealing truth in such a beautiful way that one feels illuminated in mind and spirit while being poked in the eye.

The name is not the problem people see it as being when shoulder to shoulder they carry armaments into the same battle and bear the same standard for their country. Does the soldiers "name" matter more than the deed?

And who better to assist on the front lines than thet who share a "name" with the enemy's soldiers, who are more likely to be eyes on the inside of their homes.

To insult the "name" and make the "name" the enemy is to cast out our own loyal brethren from the fold and shun the able soldier from joining the field, all because of a "name."

How important is it to insist that the name must needs equal the enemy, however "radicalized" the modifier of that name be, if we lose By that "name" a great friend and weapon against the handful who would murder us, and them, while we sleep?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Yes, all true. But I don't think this was in the least bit nefarious.

I think we just lost major assets in the war against terror.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Disturbing, indeed.

Why should Turkish cleric Fethullah Gülen operate charter schools on U.S. Military bases?

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: queenofswords

Disturbing, indeed.

Why should Turkish cleric Fethullah Gülen operate charter schools on U.S. Military bases?

Hmmm.

Un-freakin'-believable, xuenchen!

I am going to have to study that article much deeper, "When Moderation Masks a Radical Agenda".

I had known about the schools located on Military bases. This goes much deeper!

Yet upon deeper investigation, he is a true, dyed-in-the-wool Islamist who wishes to transform the United States and Turkey into Shariah states. Mr. Gulen lives in the United States in self-imposed exile, a seat from which he runs a vast and questionable network of charter schools and overlapping nonprofit organizations and businesses, and, as evidence presented in U.S. and Turkish courts shows, actively agitates and plots the overthrow of the democratically-elected government in Turkey, one of the few stable allies the United States possesses in the Middle East, a NATO-member and the lynchpin to defeating ISIS and to bringing peace to Iraq and Syria.

As the proprietor of the largest network of charter schools in the United States, Mr. Gulen receives hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars.

I'll bet somewhere in that network of his, CVE funds will be found among other taxpayer grants.

They are among us, growing like a mold across the land.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
At least it provides a nice list of suspects for the new DHS.
They cannot accept money from something named fighting Islamic Extremism.....shows which side they are on.

The North American Islamic Trust (NAIT) is based in Plainfield, Indiana, owns Islamic properties and promotes waqf (Islamic endowments) in North America

NAIT is a not-for-profit entity that qualifies as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. NAIT was established in 1973 in Indiana by the Muslim Students Association (MSA) of the United States and Canada, the predecessor of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), by some of the same Muslim Brotherhood members who started the MSA.[5][6] ISNA's President, Dr. Ingrid Mattson, is a former member of the NAIT board of directors.[7] A sister organization under the same name registered a few years later in the Canadian province of Ontario.[8]

NAIT supports and provides services to ISNA, MSA, their affiliates, and other Islamic centers and institutions.

NAIT offers waqf protection to properties of mosques, safeguards these community assets, and ensures their conformity to Islamic purposes. According to a report by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), in 2000 NAIT funded an estimated 27% of the 1,209 mosques in the US.[10] NAIT held title to over 320 properties as of June 2003. Title to about one in four mosques in the US are held by NAIT

The Dow Jones Islamic Fund (IMANX) is a no-load mutual fund launched in June 2000 and offered by Allied Asset Advisors, a subsidiary of NAIT, which in 2003 had over $35 million ($45,567,113 today) in assets.[13] NAIT invests in Shari'ah-compliant companies. It includes, among others, shares of stocks from the Dow Jones Islamic Market Indexes, which consist solely of common stocks that meet universal Islamic principles, as advised by a Shari'ah Supervisory Board of six Islamic scholars from six countries.[14]

Source

The Muslim Brotherhood is well supported in the US, infiltration is complete. As you can see they don't need your tax dollars to spread their brand of Islam, but will gladly take them without the Islamic extremist label that Obama provided.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

So you're telling me the US government funds religious groups?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The school had hoped to use the money to help create a new generation of Muslim community leaders, with $250,000 earmarked for more than a dozen local nonprofits doing social justice work.

So much can be hidden in that description of "non profit doing social justice work". Social justice for whom? Does any government oversight ever look at these crony non profits and what they're really doing?

Put it all together. Examine the connections.

Excerpt from tinfoil's link above:

NAIT invests in Shari'ah-compliant companies. It includes, among others, shares of stocks from the Dow Jones Islamic Market Indexes, which consist solely of common stocks that meet universal Islamic principles, as advised by a Shari'ah Supervisory Board of six Islamic scholars from six countries.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Would you feel the same way if Christian groups were funded?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

To a certain degree I agree with you but the program is actually one started with the Bush administration that allowed Faith based Organizations to receive monies or grants to enhance the communities in which they served and this is all groups including Christian groups, Catholic Groups and yes Muslim groups. After all it is what our churches should be doing, helping the community despite your beliefs but allowing them to still spread their message without strangling everyone with it.

The monies are usually spent on after school type programs designed to keep kids busy with special events like sports, or after school community groups which design programs that teach and provide students a safe place away from the influence of gangs and drugs, the same applies for other groups in the community which suffer from the same influences but with the culture twist like extremism. Extremism is certainly a problem both sides share, however a grant funded safe place away from these types of activity can have a profound effect even if it is just one child.

In turning down the grants I believe the organizations are expressing a concern that accepting the monies will open the door to more government influence or directives and the constant threat of being sued for return of the funds if they fail to meet the governments expectations. There should be over site of the government funds but when you attach strings it becomes complicated and I believe this is what they are afraid of, not that they are not interested in stopping extremism.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join