It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear spreads in L.A. after immigration raid advocates claim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
During the media hype about the 9th Circuit Court and the Kellyanne Conway comments on February 9th, it seems some hot ICE activity in the Los Angeles area went partly un-noticed.

Seems ICE conducted some immigration raids that some people say are accelerated.

ICE says it's all routine.

Protesting happening too.

MSM a little "quiet".

Fear spreads in L.A. after immigration ‘raid,’ advocates claim. Officials say arrests are ‘routine.”

The panicked emails and phone calls began streaming in from community members at about 11 a.m. Thursday morning, inundating Los Angeles immigration lawyers with far more cases than usual. Immigrant advocate groups claim that more than 100 people had been taken into custody by federal immigration officials in Southern California Thursday, indicating a “coordinated sweep” in arrests and heightening fears that Donald Trump’s promise to crackdown on deportations had begun to take effect.

Police and immigration officials denied the “raids” and disputed the claim that the arrests were part of a more stringent approach, saying any detentions were simply part of “routine” enforcement activities. But a flurry of calls regarding arrests spurred immigration attorneys into rapid response efforts, and prompted protests on the streets of downtown Los Angeles.

related stories...
Downtown Protesters Claim ICE Sweeps Of Immigrants Are Spiking

Protesters spilled into the streets near downtown L.A.’s immigration detention center Thursday evening, angry over claims that immigration officers conducted sweeps across the Southland earlier Thursday. They say resulted in the arrests of dozens of undocumented immigrants.

“Shut down ICE,” they shouted.

Protest Erupts in Downtown L.A. Following Reports of Immigration Raids at Homes Across Southern California

While immigration advocates say more than 100 people were detained Thursday as U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials conducted home raids across three Southern California counties, the federal agency insists its operations were "routine" and not part of President Donald Trump's unprecedented immigration crackdown.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yeah, the Muslim ban was misdirection, to keep people occupied with the obvious injustice and unconstitutionality of it, while the real activity of increased deportations could proceed without much attention or fanfare.

+35 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am sure there will be increased raids. ICE wasn't allowed to do their job for 8 years.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You say msm is a little quiet. But then you offer three three sources, all from msm.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My guess none of the raids were at corporations... can't interrupt the flow of production can we?

The other thing that came to mind-- 100 down, millions to go...

Still another-- these pick out vegetables, clean our motel rooms, cook our food, maintain our gardens, etc.

Go ahead and piss them off en masse, guess who pays the price?

edit on 10-2-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
illegals should be scared.

They're criminals, and they need to admit that to themselves

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Protest Erupts in Downtown L.A. Following Reports of Immigration Raids at Homes Across Southern California

Sure hope the big one doesn't hit.

Cause that would be bad.

Really bad the 9th circuit political hack court would come to a sudden stand still.

Maybe that would be karma, but still.

Sure hope the big one doesn't hit.

I mean all that jumping up and down and moving side to side just might add some momentum to the plates shifting.

And California just might tip over like Guam.

Yeah people.

That will be my new argument for anti ILLEGAL immigration.

The US might tip over like Guam.
edit on 10-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Illegals break the same law as jaywalkers.

They cross where the law says they shouldn't.

Everyone is supposed to cross the road at the intersections, or at specifically marked crossing points.

But, there are lots of people who "illegally" cross in the middle of the street.

These "illegals" are sometimes given jaywalking tickets by the cops.

But, usually, they are so many of these "illegals", that the cops don't bother.

It's a misdemeanor.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Go ahead and piss them off en masse, guess who pays the price?

The illegal immigrants and their families?

I mean if the price of strawberries and #ty motel rooms is the price we have to pay to kick out the ones draining our economy then so be it. I'm ready and hope others are as well. No legal citizens are getting free passes breaking the law and neither should illegal immigrants.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Illegals break the same law as jaywalkers.

They cross where the law says they shouldn't.

Everyone is supposed to cross the road at the intersections, or at specifically marked crossing points.

But, there are lots of people who "illegally" cross in the middle of the street.

These "illegals" are sometimes given jaywalking tickets by the cops.

But, usually, they are so many of these "illegals", that the cops don't bother.

It's a misdemeanor.

Its not the same as jay walking. More like trespassing. And you know what the first thing they do to tresspassers is? They remove them from the property that they are trespassing on.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Good, a country that doesn't enforce its laws is a country thats destined to fail.

It's a start, and not just to the immigration problem. We need equal application of the law, no matter who you are.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
You say msm is a little quiet. But then you offer three three sources, all from msm.

Well they are a little quiet.

The news was dominated by the 9th Circuit decision and the Kellyanne controversies.

"a little quiet" means just "a little" coverage and hype.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I am sure there will be increased raids. ICE wasn't allowed to do their job for 8 years.

How so?

I'm not surprised that ICE choose to up their game in LA, especially after its Mayor came out defiant of Trump's threats.

But, this is what ICE is supposed to do, its their job. It isn't the job of local PD or State Troopers.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Let's see if the Lamestream media remembers president Eisenhower's mass deportation from 1954 ?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Maybe they are rounding up California State Senate President Pro Tem Kevin De Léon's family?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(which would explain the MSM silence)

edit on 2/10/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

the activities were "targeted and lead driven, prioritizing individuals who pose a risk to our communities," according to ICE spokesperson Lori Haley.

"Examples would include known street gang members, child sex offenders, and deportable foreign nationals with significant drug trafficking convictions," she said in an email. "To that end, ICE’s routine immigration enforcement actions are ongoing."

The clean-up is going to tick a lot of people off. When the vacuum cleaner is making noise and picking up the dirt, the ones in the other room might scream and shout, but once the place is clean, they will be able to live in a better, safer, healthier community.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

How so?

Well I think you know. But don't take my word for it, if they were allowed to do their job, why was morale so low?

Interior enforcement is what ICE’s main responsibility is, and it’s what Americans notice in their neighborhoods,” Vaughan said.

"The Obama administration's policy of non-enforcement of U.S. immigration laws has resulted in tens of thousands of criminal aliens being released onto the streets while the lion's share of the nation's 11 million illegal aliens remain exempt from immigration enforcement altogether," David Ray, communications director for FAIR, told LifeZette.

www.lifezette.com...

Chris Crane, president of the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council...

“The day-to day duties of ICE agents and officers often seem in conflict with the law as ICE officers are prohibited from enforcing many laws enacted by Congress; laws they took an oath to enforce,” he said. “ICE is now guided in large part by influences of powerful special interest groups that advocate on behalf of illegal aliens.”

www.theblaze.com...< br />

Morale among Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents is at an all-time low more than a month after the Obama administration announced major changes to the nation’s immigration enforcement policy, according to the head of a national agency representing thousands of agents.

“Morale is in the toilet right now,” said Chris Crane, president of the National ICE Council. “Most of the guys out in the field are just in an uproar.”

radio.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

this needs to happen more often. illegal is illegal. anyone that that believes other wise needs to pay for them out of there pockets and save my tax money for america's needs not illegals.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I mean if the price of strawberries and #ty motel rooms is the price we have to pay to kick out the ones draining our economy then so be it. I'm ready and hope others are as well.

Your 'price to pay' is small compared to the potential.

Draining our economy? They drive it. They work hard, long hours for slave pay doing all the thankless jobs that are beneath most 'pinche Gauchos'.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I mean if the price of strawberries and #ty motel rooms is the price we have to pay to kick out the ones draining our economy then so be it. I'm ready and hope others are as well.

Your 'price to pay' is small compared to the potential.

Draining our economy? They drive it. They work hard, long hours for slave pay doing all the thankless jobs that are beneath most 'pinche Gauchos'.

Well if they are so important to the American economy, deport them all, and then we will have to legally accept the correct amount to fulfill these jobs.

And then they will not get payed a slave wage, because they will be legal and entitled to the wages the law demands.

Why would you celebrate our economy being driven off of the exploitation of illegal immigrants?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join