It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi aircraft

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
hey have any of you guys heard of Vril Disks?Theyre Disk shaped planes made by the Nazi's that use Gravitational Field Displacers/generators.They possess all the capabilities of a modern day UFO (insane acceleration,impossibly fast speeds)6 were made and shipped to a Nazi base in the Antarctic.The US sent a full carrier battle group to destroy the base after the war and the 6 disks destroyed the entire battle group.the disks were not used in the war as the weapons had to be fitted in the antarctic (i think there was a research lab there oe something)one of their craft they did get to use use was called a FeuerBall (Fireball)it was a small remotely operated ball propelled by gas jets and fans (the same propulsion use on harrier jumpjets)It had small flamers on it.Only one was ever used.it attacked a group of Lancaster bombers and destroyed all of them.fortunately pilots were able to bail out and report this incident.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
A few more interesting aircraft.

the second picture reminds me of a present project by boeing ..
www.boeing.com...

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
holy # those are crazy!! if the Russians had given up at Stalingrad we woulda been toast

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hmmm, i don't think Jack Northrop was the reason Germany had flying wings. The Horten Brothers were building them even before WWII. After the war they even tried to interest Northrop, who refused to use their skill. If Germany really had wonderweapons like Hitler claimed, why didn't they use them? IF the Junkers Ju390 really came within 15 miles of the US coast, why didn't they just use it to bomb NY? The propaganda value alone would have been enormous. True, the Ju390 was a transport plane, but a small amount of work would enable it to drop a few bombs. Remember the Ju52 over Guernica?
The Germans had very exiting projects, they just lacked two things, time to pursue those projects and material to build them.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaOfTheOmega
hey have any of you guys heard of Vril Disks?Theyre Disk shaped planes made by the Nazi's that use Gravitational Field Displacers/generators.They possess all the capabilities of a modern day UFO (insane acceleration,impossibly fast speeds)6 were made and shipped to a Nazi base in the Antarctic.The US sent a full carrier battle group to destroy the base after the war and the 6 disks destroyed the entire battle group.the disks were not used in the war as the weapons had to be fitted in the antarctic (i think there was a research lab there oe something)one of their craft they did get to use use was called a FeuerBall (Fireball)it was a small remotely operated ball propelled by gas jets and fans (the same propulsion use on harrier jumpjets)It had small flamers on it.Only one was ever used.it attacked a group of Lancaster bombers and destroyed all of them.fortunately pilots were able to bail out and report this incident.

Do you mean Admiral Byrd's expidition to the Antarctic? Haha, that's a good story. They lost 1/8 of their entire air units. Do you know how? They had 16 aircraft, all transports. Two crashed. A few servicemen were killed. THERE WERE NO FLYING SAUCERS. Sorry, not in this instance. And that "flying disc" aircraft in those pictures above is a design done purely by the artist, by his own admission. There are not even any plans for such a vehcile. The only flying disc aircraft built by the Germans was the Sack AS-6, which was rubbish, built from spare parts and wood. It had a propeller in the front and a regular vertical tailfin.

Admiral Byrd's Antarctic Expidition

Yes, there may have been flying disc experimtation done by the Nazis, but they never got far with it. yes, there may have been a nazi base in Antarctica, as shipping in the region continued to be preyed upon until well after the war (something like 100,000 tonnes of shipping lost). But, no, sorry, those photos of "Vril discs" are nothing but fakes. I've seen supposed technical drawings of them and larger "mother" ships, and they are blatant hoaxes. Sorry, but that's the truth, near as I can make out.

Mechanic: yeah, interesting story with the flying wings, isn't it? Always makes you wonder...

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Lampyridae]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Has anyone heard about the Daimler Chrysler C? some massive Nazi concept plane, im looking for information / picts, but ive found are cars.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Renegade_Storm07]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Me-262 will own all the others,no matter how common jet fighters are found today,the allies would not have suceeded in building today's jet fighters if not for captured Me-262s.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
Me-262 will own all the others,no matter how common jet fighters are found today,the allies would not have suceeded in building today's jet fighters if not for captured Me-262s.

Aside from the fact that the Gloster Meteor was developed independantly from the Me-262, what the hell is your point? The British were independantly advanced in jet engine design and use, it had nothing to do with the Me-262.

Indeed, the British shipped a few completed jet engines to both the US and the USSR, both countries reverse engineered the engines and built their own, kickstarting their jet engine development.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
There were a lot of problems with wing design and aerodynamics,especially when approaching mach 1. Quite a bit of the Me-262's design were used in later post WWII jet fighters.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
There were a lot of problems with wing design and aerodynamics,especially when approaching mach 1. Quite a bit of the Me-262's design were used in later post WWII jet fighters.

Yes, as if noone else came up with the same solutions seperately. I seriously doubt that aircraft development would have been impeded if there was no access to the Me-262, swept wing designs were being played with during WW2 by both the US and the UK.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This is a great site of german ww2 aircraft and weapons....they invented almoast everything...

www.luftarchiv.de...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalker
Jack Northrap (might be mispelled) was the reason Nazi Germany had such amazing planes. If memorey serves me correct. He developed the planes that resemble the B-2. After WW2 He came to america and developed the B-2 and many other aircraft with the Air Force.
Nightwalker

What?!?!
Jack Northrop was born in Newark New Jersey, was never a part of the Nazi war machine - in fact he was president and chief engineer of the Northrop Aircraft, Inc from 1938 to 1952. After WW2 he was awarded the Presidential Certificate of Merit for his extraordinary contributions to the nation's defense in World War 2.

Jack Northrop had absolutely nothing to do with Nazi aviation development.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by barba007

I found this on the same site.

Doesn't this look like the A-10 Thunderbolt? Except the turbofans are mounted on the wing.

Actually I was thinking of the British Canberra.

[Edited on 26-6-2003 by barba007]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What is it with some people, huh?

All a German designer had to do was draw an interesting looking doodle on the back of a cigarette packet and suddenly - for some - they were on the verge of winning the war!

I don't doubt or deny that Germany produced some interesting and advanced designs (and not just regarding aircraft; the type 21 U-Boat was a model for many post-war submarine designs).

But, and here is the killer everytime, Germany had neither the man-power, productive capacity nor resources to defeat the USSR.
Ever.

End of

Some fantasists think the capture of Moscow would have been the end of them and yet Russia itself had withstood the loss of Moscow before and in any case had moved her military productive capacity far beyond the reach of even a Moscow stationed Luftwaffe.....

....and her manpower reserves to the east were vast.

Germany never could 'knock out' the Red Army quickly and completely as they had totally underestimated the size of Russia and her military capabilities.

Before attacking the USSR the German army calculated that there were approx 175 Russian divisions with a reserve that might bring tht total up to around 250.
The German armys C in C then was Von Bruachitsch. His chief of staff Halder is recorded as complaining in July 1941 "we have identified 348 Red Army divisions".....clearly the comment of a man who realises with terrible clarity that the actual numbers, upon which the whole battle plan had been based, were in utter conflict with the reality of the situation.

The 'wonder' is they 'performed' to the degree and for as long as they did; but the result (once a country was capable of withstanding collapse ie like the UK, USSR and USA) was never in doubt and no amount of interesting plane, rocket or tank ideas were ever going to redress that.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
To return to the original point of the thread (because Intelgurl beat me to correcting that rubbish about Jack Northrop
)

While the relationships of the Bell X-5 to the Me P1101, or the Saab J-29 and MiG 15 to the Ta 183 etc are often mentioned, one I have never seen commented on before but which struck me is the similarity of this design;

to this one.

There is a drawing of the German project above with a conventional tail in which the likeness is even more startling.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by waynos]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Oops... its the Daimler Benz C not Chrysler

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
I been to luft44.com. Good info. Also how do you think the Germans developed these concepts before everyone else

Well first of all, Germany was very technologically advanced as far as the military was concerned. You also need to consider that Germany was fighting on several fronts under varying conditions (the deserts of Africa, the northern European/Russian tundra, modern sieging, etc.). Therefore, to maintain their demands and already existant technological superiority, they had to construct various new weapons.

Another factor would be the abundance of resources at Nazi Germany's height. Having conquered about 90% of Europe and some of Africa, I'm sure they had a large pool of resources to extract from.

Arguably the most influential reason for Nazi military technology achievements was the fact that they had devious intentions. The V Rockets were developed for military purposes because the scientists were required to. Von Braun wanted to get a man into space - not kill Brits.

Also, keep in mind that in 1939 the Luftwaffe was the most powerful air force in the world. It was only devastated in the Blitz when the focus was shifted away from bombing airfields to bombing other infrastructure. This allowed the Brits to counterattack.

One of the most intriguing and innovative concepts I've happened upon was the transport plane. No, not the transport planes that everyone uses to paradrop
. The Nazis put planes on top of planes to conserve fuel. So basically, a plane would fly a Messerschmit across the sea and unload it fresh into British air space. Bizarre, but innovative indeed.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by barba007

Originally posted by samtalkington
man they sure weren't good. we killed them in ww2. usa

My friend were lucky Hitler was a raving lunatic otherwise with the firepower that Germany had in 1939, they would have easily won the war. Not listening to his best Generals on key decisions lost Hitler the war. He thought he knew everything.
The Americans did put that last nail in the coffin though.

Very true. Hitler's generals even petitioned for military affairs to be managed by OKW (German High Command), but Hitler feared losing power and control. In one of the books I read, Hitler was noted for management down to the divisional level. Politicians should not involve themselves with military affairs as it's definitely disastrous!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join