It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On behalf of my ideological beliefs. . . . . I apologize.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
People who embrace my ideological beliefs have done some terrible things, and as I share those beliefs, I too am held culpable.

When people who share my ideological beliefs commit violent acts, it is a stain on me and I should really rethink why I think the way I do.

When horrible things are said by people who share my ideological beliefs, it is a reflection on me.

When rights are infringed upon, when rights are denied by those who share my ideological beliefs, I share the blame, the shame and disgrace.

I have to own it. I have to reflect on what I actually believe. If others believe the same as myself do such horrible things to persons and property, it is a reflection on me.

Maybe, just perhaps, my beliefs are wrong. Maybe I am wrong. I have to admit that if I despise what people are doing and they share the same beliefs, then really, I have to loathe what I have become.

I'm a monster created not in a lab by some evil genius, but by misguided attempts at doing what I felt. Not really what I thought.

Maybe if I think more and act on the rational aspects of society and life instead of letting my feelings and emotions drive my impulses and beliefs, then I won't be the monster that I have obviously become.

It is shameful, what I have become. And I am sorry. I must own what my ideology has done, what my ideology has harmed, what my ideology has damaged.

I can only attempt to improve, think about my actions and those who share my ideology.

I apologize.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I really appreciate your honesty, but you shouldn't be guilty by association. No matter what side of the fence you are on.

Im not sure if there's hidden meaning in this post.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's ok mate,

giphy.com...

too

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Yeah well, it's about time you owned up to being whatever you and your ilk are.

So there.

Oh, and I forgive you....
Either for what you have done or for being a traitor to our kind, whatever that is.

Oh , and BTW, no star or flag until I figure out wth I am talking about.
edit on b000000282017-02-02T17:50:16-06:0005America/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2017 17:50:16 -0600500000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, I am who I am. I believe what I believe. I will not apologize for that.

I think we need to call out bad behavior where it happens and be honest about it, even when it comes packaged with an ideology that somewhat matches our own.

And I can whack you on the nose with a newspaper if it would make you feel better about whatever it is.
edit on 2-2-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Very clever.

Everyone who reads that will believe you must be one of the "other" guys, no matter what group they identify themselves with.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Baby steps...baby steps...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I don't apologize for my ideological beliefs because they define me as a person. I am the sum total of my life experience and the knowledge that I have derived from living this life these past decades. My instinct is moderation generally but without suffering fools....can't help it, I think it's hereditary.

Anyway don't feel too guilty because you have always seemed reasonable on these threads.....I am not my brothers keeper and I am not responsible for his actions....one can only be an advocate for reason and hope for the best.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Would be interesting to know what Ideology you follow.

With either Ideology: when you start to see members of said ideology doing stuff you oppose, it might be time to ask questions:

- is it the ideology that is wrong?
- are you wrong for following the ideology?
- are the people doing bad stuff interpreting the ideology wrong?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I have to hand it to you, DB...you are one of the more entertaining posters here. But, your entertainment always makes one stop...laugh...then ponder.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Ah yes - collective punishment, where you are required to apologize (for the actions of others) to people who throw blanket labels over entire sectors of the population because 'feelings'.

It's deplorable, and a text-book Ctrl-leftist propaganda tactic.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

An ideological belief is not the same as asinine behavior...

Now, starting a thread that doesn't make much sense and is way too dramatic is indeed asinine behavior.

Shame on you.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Hey, you don't know. He might have farted in the kitchen again, and he might just be light-headed.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I apologize.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I can only attempt to improve, think about my actions and those who share my ideology.

I apologize.

You could try a little plastic surgery for a start mate. But I like you little feller regardless!
Round here, sometimes you can get misunderstood, happened to me the other night.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Hey.
If you lost self control and could no longer restrain yourself from acting in a violent manner, I accept your apology.

But if you didn't cause trauma, you shouldn't apologize, because your feelings are still valid.

Baskin Robbins ain't gonna make a flavor loved by all, neither is any ideology...

Well, maybe one?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I am responsible for my own actions. You are responsible for your own actions. There will always be bad apples in groups no matter which side. Does it make one cringe when one of your own falters? Of course, but it only means that we have to step up and learn from that persons mistake and not do it.

Learn from the mistakes of others, and follow the moral path. But don't apologize unless you do something wrong.

edit on nd2017000000Thursdaynd000000Thu, 02 Feb 2017 18:07:48 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2017 18:07:48 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Seeing we are responsible for our own actions then to be guilty would require a victim . Produce the victim OP or at least a pic or it didn't happen .

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ya buy the beer then its all good lah .

<<   2  3 >>

join