It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is going to eat their pet(s) if they die?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I've often thought of getting a pet pig for this reason. Six months and they are ready...

My mother when she was a child would do something similar. Over the summer her mother would get a turkey. They fed it table scraps, take it on walks through the neighborhood and such. Christmas would come around and a few days before they would take a spoon and get it drunk on rum... full party style. It would love it. Once the turkey was passed out her eldest brother strung it up by the feet and slit the throat. That was how they got Christmas dinner.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
If your a natural farmer your livestock is still consider as pet(s) unless you work as farm factories..

Anyways, I keep telling my rabbit that I'll eat him if he dies. Bunny is more cautious around carnivores now.

That is a little strange. I don;t think farmers eat livestock if they die (not meaning slaughtered for meat). If they die they may have a disease.

I recommend you do not eat your rabbit if he dies. Bury him or have him cremated. I have buried several cats. The one dog I owned while living on my own (meaning not a childhood dog), I have in a cremation box.

I have yet to bury the goldfish that died at my former home, he is in the freezer. LOL. Just glad my housemate knows what box it is and no one else goes digging in my freezer. I wanted to bury him at my new home and with some of his decorations and tank rocks.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Pet = NO
Livestock = no problem(unless death from unknown causes)
I have seen more strange twisted threads in the last couple of weeks than ever in my 6(1.5 as member) years here. This is one of them.
Is there a movement to derail ATS with twisted nonsense to dilute the real and serious matters within???!!!
I fear there is.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There is no way I could eat my pets, not a chance.

I would rather eat tree bark or earthworms.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
Pet = NO
Livestock = no problem(unless death from unknown causes)
I have seen more strange twisted threads in the last couple of weeks than ever in my 6(1.5 as member) years here. This is one of them.
Is there a movement to derail ATS with twisted nonsense to dilute the real and serious matters within???!!!
I fear there is.

I agree here. In the past have seen threads where people were full support of this in SHTF situations. At least this one has a little more sense in it reply wise.
edit on 17-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: ETA reply wise

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
No.

If your talking a SHTF scenario, still no. My dog is small, doesn't eat a whole lot, but makes boatload of noise if she hears anything, so she's too valuable to be supper. That leaves the parakeet, but he'd just taste like chicken.

Eating an animal that keeled over from apparent natural causes just doesn't seem like a wise idea.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
We used to raise cattle. Nothing but a thing to slaughter one and put it in the freezer.

The dog? Nuh-uh.

I don't know where the line is.

And, oh, if the cow dropped over dead ... ... I ain't eatin' none of that!!

Slaughter for food is different than eating one that fell over dead for unknown reasons. That may be unsafe.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

If your a natural farmer your livestock is still consider as pet(s) unless you work as farm factories..

Anyways, I keep telling my rabbit that I'll eat him if he dies. Bunny is more cautious around carnivores now.

That is a little strange. I don;t think farmers eat livestock if they die (not meaning slaughtered for meat). If they die they may have a disease.

I recommend you do not eat your rabbit if he dies. Bury him or have him cremated. I have buried several cats. The one dog I owned while living on my own (meaning not a childhood dog), I have in a cremation box.

I have yet to bury the goldfish that died at my former home, he is in the freezer. LOL. Just glad my housemate knows what box it is and no one else goes digging in my freezer. I wanted to bury him at my new home and with some of his decorations and tank rocks.

You just don't let go.

I'm no shrink but there is a name for that.

I hope you don't have any ex boyfriends in that freezer.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

That was truly disgusting thank you for ruining my meal!

I don't eat much meat, I get most of my protein from fresh eggs.

edit on 17-1-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: reldra

You just don't let go.

I'm no shrink but there is a name for that.

I hope you don't have any ex boyfriends in that freezer.

LOL. I have let him go. I just knew I would be moving and wanted to bury him where I moved. Besides lacking the time to dig a grave for a goldfish. He will get his proper burial this weekend. I will be done training for my new job.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

the rational answer would be : it depends what it died of

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Flush that thing down the toilet already LOL!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You shouldn't eat anything that has died. Kill that little #ER and eat him while he's healthy!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Can we just eat other people instead?

#SaveTheWhales

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You got pet whales now? Are you a bond villain or something???

If it's any consolation I would eat you (if your are not too old, old meat is hard)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Lysergic

You got pet whales now? Are you a bond villain or something???

If it's any consolation I would eat you (if your are not too old, old meat is hard)

Naw, must be working at Seaworld. I wonder how killer whale taste like.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

The problem is, everyone underestimates rabbits just like Giant rats.
If you train them, they can be of great help.
They use giant rats to detect mines now.

#1 Rabbit is much nicer than dogs, to be honest especially against other people so less likely to get shot as it probably won't attack unless trained to attack. Never send rabbit to scout alone are they be hunted for food.
#2 People say rabbits are pests to farms. They are really good for vegetarians as pets. And sniff out edible farm food if trained. So you can follow it to hunt for food.
#4 They can hear further away to warn you of threats as they run back to you.
#5 They don't make noise unless you train them to warn you of threats(that can be hard).
#6 Easy to carry and feed when SHTF.
#7 Children love them and won't attack as they can be easily fed.
#8 Breeding for food is much easier than dogs. Which one would you have? Breeding dogs as they eat everything away and end up going against you or breeding rabbits which can become a farm again.

#RabbitSaveLives
skewnews.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
riseandshinerabbitry.com...
edit on 17-1-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Cheddarhead

The problem is, everyone underestimates rabbits just like Giant rats.
If you train them, they can be of great help.
They use giant rats to detect mines now.

#1 Rabbit is much nicer than dogs, to be honest especially against other people so less likely to get shot as it probably won't attack unless trained to attack. Never send rabbit to scout alone are they be hunted for food.
#2 People say rabbits are pests to farms. They are really good for vegetarians as pets. And sniff out edible farm food if trained. So you can follow it to hunt for food.
#4 They can hear further away to warn you of threats as they run back to you.
#5 They don't make noise unless you train them to warn you of threats(that can be hard).
#6 Easy to carry and feed when SHTF.
#7 Children love them and won't attack as they can be easily fed.
#8 Breeding for food is much easier than dogs. Which one would you have? Breeding dogs as they eat everything away and end up going against you or breeding rabbits which can become a farm again.

#RabbitSaveLives
skewnews.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
riseandshinerabbitry.com...

It's true that rabbits are underestimated. Giving meat rabbits a pet status, numbers on ears, sure but to name them, befriend them makes the process harder in the end. If to understand more about this all is the goal of the thread:

Best to also be well studied and even hook up with some meat rabbit farmers for advice or even some rabbit keepers as they harvest for meat as well. That is to learn the ropes ie you don't want to use your pet Holland Lop(ex), but rather a breed suited for meat quality, as well as housing(hutches, etc.) food and veterinary care that they need.)

#1.Not exactly nicer all the time, especially if you're working in a rabbit farm, or have numerous for meat or even show bunnies, there's always one(sometimes more) that just isn't friendly. This in some cases is due to not being handled, and well some just as any animal can have more harsh demeanor.

2. and 4. Doesn't seem like a high possibility of warning of online outside threats such as wildlife compared to a dog, being that they a skittish prey animal to many movements and sounds. and same with the sniffing out food, unless you're invading a neighbors farm don't you know where your veggies are? Pigs and dogs can make for great truffel hunters.

Rabbits saving people in emergencies, is a nice example link, as it's not just cats and dogs who do that, is a great added benefit of companion.

3.?

5.Rabbits do make noise, well more so sounds to communicate with! They grunt, they buzz, they hum and scream when in pain.

6. and 8. Yes, agree with easier to care for in a SHTF situation and just in general: Breeding dogs for meat is absurd in itself for various reasons. Rabbit meat protein is very high(can be varied by food and breed) as is it's easier to care for them from birth to slaughter, of course, than cows or pigs.

7.Children do love them but with all companion animals should be supervised. While they can make good pet's for children, as a first pet, keep in mind the rabbit needs attention(not sitting in a cage all day or left to roam free in the house) and special preventative care.

Rabbit's back and legs can easy be broken is mishandled to even being spooked. Also, for example, they shouldn't just eat any veggies or foods even though they want to. Should have an adequate amount of rabbit pellets and their stool should be never be runny-as an indication of the wrong foods.

To add: . Lagomorphs, not rodents although share a common ancestor in the rodentia family

edit on 17-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
"Why should Russia have all the fun?"

Happy Monsanto affected disorder.

Happy Lobotomized nation, everyone.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Not eating my dogs... they sometimes are better humans than humans..

wouldn't even give it a thought if I was starving..more than likely they'd go hunting and bring back something for us to eat anyways (hopefully not another dog..lol)

Not happening, Mister!

not eating them if they die either...they'd get buried just like any other family member.
edit on 18-1-2017 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join