It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes Wide Shut, Scientology, & Vivian Kubrick - The Conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

This is without a doubt one of the best threads I have read in my nine years here.

I agree with your summation that Kubrick did nothing by accident. Every detail in his films had purpose and meaning, each scene was meant to convey a detailed message to the viewer and draw them into Kubrick's world. I think he would have enjoyed your thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
calindex.eu...
www.priceminister.com...
www.youtube.com...
Kubrick & The Illuminati, narrated by Laurent Vachaud
Enjoy
edit on 1412017 by trisvonbis because: Found another link

edit on 1412017 by trisvonbis because: same

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: trisvonbis

Thanks for the link to the Positif article! Now I just need to learn how to read French, lol.

And I did use the video from Gasface feature Laurent Vachaud and Michael Ciment. It is in Part IV.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What a treat OP! So good. One of the few threads in a very long time that I have gone out of my way to go back and fish out of the “information pond” on this or any forum...

Obvious questions – when, when, when and where is Part VII? I don’t really understand why you would need Moderator approval for brilliant writing? Nudity, is that correct? With some of the “hot Russian, Indian, etc…Babe ads “ on ATS how could anyone object to nudity within the context of a genuine art piece?

I am like my two mini Dachshunds hopping around their cookie cabinet – gimme more.

By the by, I would certainly be happy to pay to read the rest. Having paid for some of the crappity crap I have read on Kindle Unlimited, I would gladly give you the $3.99 instead!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

I just turned over all the remaining content to the mods, so my guess is soon.

By the by, I would certainly be happy to pay to read the rest. Having paid for some of the crappity crap I have read on Kindle Unlimited, I would gladly give you the $3.99 instead!

I'll send you a U2U with my paypal information if you are serious.

It'll be up here for free though soon enough.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You definitely got a good book here.

Conspiracy, sexuality mixed with deep politics, occult religion, Hollywood…boy you got potential here

Send it to one of those alt book publishers, FERAL HOUSE OR TRINE DAY and there are many more that would jump on this

One idea is to have the subject of the book be on a more comprehensive history of alt theories about EWS or just extend the theme you have here

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Send it to one of those alt book publishers, FERAL HOUSE OR TRINE DAY and there are many more that would jump on this

But then the illuminati would come after me, right?

I think the internet is the best place for this, though. People who publish books dedicated to interpretations of Kubrick's films are usually whitewashed by Kubrick's living heirs (Christiane, Katharina, Vivian, Jan Jarlan). They really did not like Room 237. I didn't really think much of it either, to be honest. It was interesting to say the least.

If any of them reject the ideas in my thread they are free to make an account to come in here and give me a piece of their mind.

One idea is to have the subject of the book be on a more comprehensive history of alt theories about EWS or just extend the theme you have here

Just you wait and see.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
just out of curiosity i put drbillharford into anagram search and it's quite interesting what comes up.
maybe nothing just putting it out there.
Great OP

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stealthyaroura

The name Harford came from Kubrick. He wanted the main protagonist to be based on Harrison Ford and when they had finalized the screenplay they named Bill's character's last name from Harrison Ford.

I always that Sandor's character's name was an anagram from something but couldn't figure it out.

edit on 1/14/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Great post OP, I am an admirer of Kubrick's films, and the complex messages they contain. You might want to be aware that the screenplay text that you link to in your "Part 2" has several key changes from the dialogue that appears in the film. Some of the changes may point to the most occulted and controversial bits of information that Kubrick tried to convey to future viewers. I will share one discrepancy here in this thread. In the screenplay that you link to, in the scene where Szavost is attempting to seduce Alice to "go upstairs' at the Ziegler's party, he mentions the host's collection of Impressionism. In the film, the line is changed to Renaissancebronzes, and a line about "adoring the period" is added. There is a specific reason why these lines are significant. The best analysis of this film that I have ever read was by syncromystic author Mark LeClair, who blogged under the name wrongwaywizard. His work has been scrubbed from the internet, which is a shame. There are other alterations in the script that can be found, these changes are gateways into a deeper understanding of Kubrick's messaging in EWS.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Wow!

Amazing OP/Thread my friend! Great information, intelligently presented, with just a hint of sarcasm and snarkiness at times - Well done!

I've always loved the movie and knew there were layers there as in most Kubrick films, but this one was different. This was personal for him and his Magnum Opus to a large degree.

You've given me a lot to think about so I'll re-read and chew on it while waiting for your final installments.

Keep those cards & letters coming...

edit on 1/15/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakespirit
Great post OP, I am an admirer of Kubrick's films, and the complex messages they contain. You might want to be aware that the screenplay text that you link to in your "Part 2" has several key changes from the dialogue that appears in the film. Some of the changes may point to the most occulted and controversial bits of information that Kubrick tried to convey to future viewers. I will share one discrepancy here in this thread. In the screenplay that you link to, in the scene where Szavost is attempting to seduce Alice to "go upstairs' at the Ziegler's party, he mentions the host's collection of Impressionism. In the film, the line is changed to Renaissancebronzes, and a line about "adoring the period" is added. There is a specific reason why these lines are significant. The best analysis of this film that I have ever read was by syncromystic author Mark LeClair, who blogged under the name wrongwaywizard. His work has been scrubbed from the internet, which is a shame. There are other alterations in the script that can be found, these changes are gateways into a deeper understanding of Kubrick's messaging in EWS.

Don't spoil my bit!

I actually go into a lot greater detail about the deviations from the script.

In the next section I actually compare the novella to the screenplay and the screenplay to the film.

A lot of what made it into the final cut of the film was ad libbed by the actors.

Of the strongest deviations, though,is the orgy scene. In the screenplay the orgy scene is transcribed from the novella. The screenplay has no mention of Venetian masks, for example.

But I'll leave it at that.

The rest of the thread should be up by Monday.

edit on 1/15/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Okay, Cold Wisdom, I'm looking forward to your next installment. By any chance have you ever had a chance to read the analysis of EWS by LeClair, in particular the piece he wrote in 2008 called "Emporer's New Clothes"? It's hard to find, but its mind-expanding stuff. Sorry to have jumped the gun, I'm glad you're planning to address the script discrepancies. I'll be interested to see what you mean by Kubrick's actors "ad-libbing".

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Okay, Cold Wisdom, I'm looking forward to your next installment. By any chance have you ever had a chance to read the analysis of EWS by LeClair, in particular the piece he wrote in 2008 called "Emporer's New Clothes"? It's hard to find, but its mind-expanding stuff. Sorry to have jumped the gun, I'm glad you're planning to address the script discrepancies. I'll be interested to see what you mean by Kubrick's actors "ad-libbing".

Meant to say ad lib, I was typing in my phone. And it means to improvise one's lines.

It's possible I have come across the article by LeClaire before but if it was scrubbed from the internet as you say then I would have no way to confirm if I've seen it.

The end of the thread is going to have a detailed section dedicated to the reference material that I used. So if you find that article by LeClaire, go ahead and post it here and I'll add it to the list in the next installment.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'm aware that Kubrick allowed R. Lee Ermey (who played the drill instructor) to ad-lib about 50% of his dialogue in the film Full Metal Jacket, which was extremely rare for Kubrick, who was a notorious perfectionist. It makes sense in that special case, because Ermey was a a D.I. in real life. I've never read any accounts of actors ad-libbing dialogue in Eyes Wide Shut, please do cite sources if you can in this regard. Looking forward to reading more on Monday.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I'm aware that Kubrick allowed R. Lee Ermey (who played the drill instructor) to ad-lib about 50% of his dialogue in the film Full Metal Jacket, which was extremely rare for Kubrick, who was a notorious perfectionist.

That is not accurate. He let Emery write about 50% of his dialogue, with some taken from an audition he filmed, but it was reviewed by Kubrick prior to filming.

He had actually been a marine drill instructor?

Parris Island.

How much of his part comes out of that experience?

I'd say fifty percent of Lee's dialogue, specifically the insult stuff, came from Lee. Source

ETA: P.S. Coldwisdom, that is a great interview with Kubrick I linked. It really gets into his film-making thought process.

edit on 15-1-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Does anyone know what happened to Miscaviages poor wife?

She is probably being illegally imprisoned and nobody seems to care about finding her.

If it has been said already, apologies, but I do believe this movie caused lead to Kubrick being murdered and the film hacked to pieces.

Would LOVE to see a directors cut.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The Visual Memory website is hosted by Kubrick's heirs.

In fact I have cited a couple interviews from VM, one with Michael Ciment in particular where Kubrick talks about the Schnitzler novella.

The Visual Memory site will be in the references for sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerriblePhoenix

The version that is available TODAY on Blu Ray is Kubrick's original cut, unrated.

And contrary to popular conspiracy, Warner Bros did not hack EWS to pieces. They superimposed images of cloaked/masked guests overtop some of the simulated sex scenes in the orgy in order to obtain an R rating. Had they not done that, the film would have been NC-17 and unable to be screened worldwide.

Other than the CGI censorship of the nudity, the version shown in theaters was actually Kubrick's cut. Chronologically, and editing wise it is the exact same film that Kubrick made (minus some nudity).

As far as Shelly Miscavige goes? Who knows where she is. All I can say is that Leah Remini & the makers of Going Clear are paving the way for more defectors to speak up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scientology's house of cards came crashing down within the next 5 years. We shall see.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

AugustusMasonicus, thank you for the clarification. Precise, detail oriented research makes this a quality thread and helps restore my interest in the ATS community.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join