It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The little known Nepal Dragon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So, I recently got this book from a Coast to Coast guest WIlliam Gibbons called "Missionaries and Monsters". As the title says, it's about missionaries to remote places that have encountered cryptozoological creatures. I bought it even though I'm not a christian anymore and wasn't dissapointed. Anyways, it's a small, but interesting book with lots of new material. Near the end of the book he spent a page or two on the Nepal Dragon, a creature that has seemingly not been discovered by the internet yet.

People describe it like a long fat snake or lizard, with a huge mouth but no limbs. Natives claim that if you walk in front of it's mouth it can suck you in from 10-15 feet away, like a Bass or Lionfish.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery creatures.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483390471&sr=1-1&keywords=missionaries+an d+monsters

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Bah, nothing a couple foo dogs cant handle.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Karl Shuker talks about this thing a bit too in his book Mirabilis (also a great read if you're into this kind of stuff, can't recommend anything by him enough). One of his theories is that it's a crocodilian, adapted to a land-based ambush predator lifestyle. Personally, I find its existence in general more unlikely than most cryptids, but it's interesting to note that with a modification or two (the kind someone looking from a distance and in awe of what they're seeing might miss), this thing's design wouldn't be completely unprecedented in nature. The Thaumatichthyidae or wolftrap anglerfish is a deep-sea predator with a glowing "lure" in its mouth, it hunts by sitting in the water column with its mouth open, waiting for prey to swim right into its jaws.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf

Heres a link to karls blog talking about the creature.

karlshuker.blogspot.co.uk...

Btw OP. I live threads lije this. It reminds me of old school ats and fond memories. Please keep up the good work and post more such threads. Also, any other cryptids in the book you like and may want to share. I love the topic and would be happy to read all about it.
edit on 3-1-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

join