It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

subs reports around northern canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i have seen tv reports the last month from the cbc and global tv in canada of seening usa and denmark subs up near northern parts of canada.one report saying there putting flags on canadian soil and are in canadian water without permission.i tried to dig up some website info but did not find much on these news stories.if this is going on i think its time for our government to have a few subs sent up there to take a look.i dont think they need to be doing that without our permission.if this is problem with these countries not knowing where they belong maybe they need some maps.

link to some info

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I found some stuff. If you read futher on the second link maps would be no good lol......

Disputes - international: managed maritime boundary disputes with the US at Dixon Entrance, Beaufort Sea, Strait of Juan de Fuca, and around the disputed Machias Seal Island and North Rock; uncontested dispute with Denmark over Hans Island sovereignty in the Kennedy Channel between Ellesmere Island and Greenland

www.cia.gov...

As far as other acts of interest go, there are reports of US soldiers being stationed on it during WWII.It should be noted though that this was supposedly done to aid the Canadian war effort. Another notable act of U.S. interest has been manifested through a group of citizens who call themselves the "Government of the Territory of Machias Seal Island, U.S.A." and consider the island to be an unincorporated island within United States Territory. Every year they motor out to the island, plant the US flag, and hold a meeting to demonstrate US control over and interest in the island.

www.siue.edu...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I've read elsewhere on ATS that Danish soldiers were even getting out on Canadian soil and marching around. I think it'd be a great idea for Denmark to take Canada, the Danes seem much friendlier than the Canadians: They even celebrate the 4th of July!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There is a really neat FORT in DENMARK, on which shakespear based his HAMLET.

Seems the Dane's and Swede's HAD been FIGHTING for centuries.
It's a DARK old place. You can only visit it untill 3:00pm, because the SUN starts to go down at that TIME. Seem's they don't have it WIRED for electricity. Too expensive? I saw for the first time, what a COD looked like. They are a PRETTY fish. The women ain't too bad neither????

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
thanks it helps abit to have some info.the fact there is other countires testing canadas security.maybe we need to enforce our areas of freedom.if its not in good faith of safe waters for all four countires and there just there for oil or other reasources we might need to inforce the boundries.the government and our militray have two different responses to this problem.i would not like to see communications get confused.have another sub crisis on our hands.we hand enough storys of subs not following protocol in the media.all i know if usa had another country marching around on there soil or water they would not be so tolerent.give canada that benefit we are a sharing enivorment and we do let other countries protect themselves.but we would like the same in return.respect our peaceful waters and dont bring nuke subs threw them without consent.flukemol....

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I've read elsewhere on ATS that Danish soldiers were even getting out on Canadian soil and marching around. I think it'd be a great idea for Denmark to take Canada, the Danes seem much friendlier than the Canadians: They even celebrate the 4th of July!

Oh I disagree and such a comment would usually warrant an angry response but I am too nice of a Canadian

[edit on 28-1-2005 by SeanP]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
dare canada to fire first?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Canada and Denmark have had a long-standing dispute over Hans Island.

Maybe if our American friends are unwilling to help us, our newfound Chinese friends may be more willing? j/k, sort of. It's called diplomacy, and it's how the rest of the world outside the of US works.

All the more reason to build up our military, to keep both the US and Denmark out of our waters.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Bizzare statement. Canada and USA are NORAD. We share eachother's military.
China might want part of Canada in return. Question is wheather Denmark would pay for the upkeep of the NORAD radars that support Canada's defence, or the Chinese for that matter.... I doubt it.

How about the US nuke anyone who threaten's Canadian territory as per NATO or NORAD alliances...??? (Most likely)

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowboy
How about the US nuke anyone who threaten's Canadian territory as per NATO or NORAD alliances...??? (Most likely)

Lose the nuke and we're in agreement. I was just being sarcastic. Just because it's not-so-scary Denmark that's doing it doesn't mean it's not a problem and shouldn't be taken seriously.

As for the Chinese, they are actually in the majority in some suburbs where I live, and Canada has a much better relationship with them than the US does. I don't think the conditions of assistance would be unreasonably high, probably more in the nature of trade agreements.

join