It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockette Says Inauguration Performance Is ‘An Issue Of Racism And Sexism’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

YouSir
edit on 28-12-2016 by YouSir because: just because...

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: ketsuko
Huh, so let liberals want to refuse to serve based on their conscience and it's OK, but let a conservative or a Christian try the same thing and the law cracks down on them with an iron whip.

The left would have no standards if it didn't have double standards.

No. I think Christian/Conservative singers or marching groups have declined or not applied to appear. What law has cracked down on them?

Garth Brooks declined to appear. He is a Republican that thanks God on each album and quotes scripture. He is second only to the Beatles in US album sales.

Reldra- Garth did not decline. He hasn't received an invitation to perform.

Epoch Times

Last week, his publicist said he was in talks to perform. “Garth has performed for the five living presidents,” publicist Nancy Seltzer told Reuters last Friday. “While rumor has it that he has been asked to perform for President-elect Trump, he has not been able to commit yet.”

An insider close to Brooks told TheWrap that the singer won’t be performing. “The insider would not elaborate on why Brooks declined to perform,” TheWrap wrote, citing its source.

edit on 28-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: AMPTAH
This is for the office of the President. I think these entertainer are making a mistake, a job is a job after all. I don't care who we work for as long as the check don't bounce.

link   

exactly! but now they are getting choosey about which perverts can leer at them. it`s hard to take their complaints seriously.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
This is for the office of the President. I think these entertainer are making a mistake, a job is a job after all. I don't care who we work for as long as the check don't bounce.

A lot of them don't need the money and their fans are asking them not to.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

exactly! but now they are getting choosey about which perverts can leer at them. it`s hard to take their complaints seriously.

In any audience there will be perverts, they would have to turn down every performance. They do not want to perform, in the main, for this particular pervert's event.

The event will be for HIM and not the general public.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

exactly! as long as they are getting paid they should just do their job. what are they afraid of do they think trump will run out on stage and start grabbing their P%$$y`s on live TV?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm gonna say it.

Dancers aren't known for their 'intellect' to begin with.

Refusing to do ones job because of their politics gets people sued.

Just ask bakers that refuse to bake cakes for gay couples, and county clerks that refuse to issue marriage license's.

edit on 28-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 28-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Nickn3

exactly! as long as they are getting paid they should just do their job. what are they afraid of do they think trump will run out on stage and start grabbing their P%$$y`s on live TV?

Who knows with this guy?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Interesting. A "source" says he won't perform? Yet TMZ reports that Brooks claimed he would.

I posted in another thread there are so many rumors flying that it's hard to separate truth from fiction.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Newsflash, neither are you.

When discrimination laws apply, yes.

Just as bakers that refuse to bake cakes for gay couples, and country clerks that refuse to issue marriage license's.

Anymore false equivalences to offer us?

link   

Are you being serious? Or just joshing?

link   

Are you being serious? Or just joshing?

link   

originally posted by: neo96

I'm gonna say it.

Just ask bakers that refuse to bake cakes for gay couples, and county clerks that refuse to issue marriage license's.

These dancers ARE known for their intellect. They are competent in tap, jazz, modern dance and ballet. They are classically trained.

Trump is not a protected class, as much as you want him to be one.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

My two cents....

1) "One brave Rockette is speaking out under a fake name"
I'm having a tough time reconciling that.

2) For the past 8 years we've been told repeatedly that we should respect the office of the President even if we don't respect the man. Why is this different? It's a request to perform as part of a historic even (a request made by essentially the highest levels of government).

3) In my mind I'm filing this story under the "People accept jobs THEN don't want to do what the job entails." It's no different than a person accepting a job that has a strict dress code then complaining that they can't grow a Mohawk. It's no different than an Islamic person taking a job at a supermarket then refusing to ring up any customers that are purchasing pork products.

Edit to add: I understand that this gig is "optional" for the girls but still.....

edit on 28-12-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

link   

Knowing how to dance in many different forms does not equate to intelligence.

link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Interesting. A "source" says he won't perform? Yet TMZ reports that Brooks claimed he would.

I posted in another thread there are so many rumors flying that it's hard to separate truth from fiction.

TMZ said that in the beginning he was 'interested in serving', he is a 'patriotic guy'. Later his publicist says something changed in regard to this gig. Theyb were in talks and he decided against it.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Knowing how to dance in many different forms does not equate to intelligence.

You can't really be stupid and professionally know all of these dances and learn the choreography.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: seasonal

My two cents....

1) "One brave Rockette is speaking out under a fake name"
I'm having a tough time reconciling that.

2) For the past 8 years we've been told repeatedly that we should respect the office of the President even if we don't respect the man. Why is this different? It's a request to perform as part of a historic even (a request made by essentially the highest levels of government).

3) In my mind I'm filing this story under the "People accept jobs THEN don't want to do what the job entails." It's no different than a person accepting a job that has a strict dress code then complaining that they can't grow a Mohawk. It's no different than an Islamic person taking a job at a supermarket then refusing to ring up any customers that are purchasing pork products.

Edit to add: I understand that this gig is "optional" for the girls but still.....

There is many more than one if you read through the articles.

But still what????? If it is optional and they don't like it, then they don't have to do it.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join