It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Black Lives Matter' shirt Pulled From Wallmart's website, At Fraternal Order of Police request

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well wallmart stop selling a BLM shirt at the fraternal order of police's request. Is this a good idea and should I be worried about the slippery slope?

Walmart said it pulled a BLM shirt after a letter form the fraternal order of police said it was "offensive".

Walmart said it pulled a Black Lives Matter shirt emblazoned with the word 'Bulletproof' from its website, following a letter from the Fraternal Order of Police that called the shirts 'offensive' and said they accentuated divisions.

The FOP originally asked WM to pull 2 shirts, both BLM that were sold on their website.

The Fraternal Order of Police, the largest police organization in the country, had originally asked Walmart to pull two shirts from its website: the “Bulletproof” shirt, which reads “Black Lives Matter” in smaller font on a second line; and a shirt that reads simply “Black Lives Matter.” Both shirts are sold on Walmart’s website by a third-party vendor, Connecticut-based Old Glory Merchandise. In a letter on Tuesday, Fraternal Order of Police president Chuck Canterbury told Walmart CEO C. Douglas McMillon that the shirts were “offensive” and "profiting from racial division."
www.csmonitor.com...
edit on 21-12-2016 by seasonal because: spelling

edit on 21-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think thats fantastic

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What if BLM requested that a "NYPD" t shirt be banned from wal mart??

Personally, I don't mind the cops asking it not to be sold. And it's up to wal mart to decide what to do with that request.

But if the tables were turned would it still be ok?

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

BLM are a hate group, their ethics and standards for interacting with the public ooze hate for anything not black.

It's a poor state of affairs when the Police have to formally petition corporations to stop pushing racism but here we are with that exact situation.

Sad, but true.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ugh, why is a corporate entity like Walmart even selling an activist tee shirt? Did they also sell Occupy Wall Street tees? It should be a political statement, not a means to make a profit. What the hell Walmart?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Considering that activist groups of all kinds regularly get all sorts of things banned from public businesses. I don't see why the police union is much different.

Just remember that all inclusion really means is that we actually end up excluding everybody and you'll be fine.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

No, they're not a hate group. That's just like your opinion, man.

The KKK is a hate group.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The KKK is a hate group.

Any group that protests by advocating that cops ought to be killed is a hate group. That's pretty similar to the way the KKK would march.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Welp, guess I'll watch this pissing contest whilst I wait for my baking to be ready to come out tha oven

edit on 21-12-2016 by Lysergic because: grammars, then i saw a nazi so i changed it

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The KKK is a hate group.

A hate group is an organized group or movement that advocates and practices hatred, hostility, or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, nation, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other designated sector of society.

BLM are indeed a hate group, in my opinion, as too are the likes of CNN and MSNBC and MTV.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It's a poor state of affairs when the Police have to formally petition corporations to stop pushing racism but here we are with that exact situation.

Racism is protected by the First Amendment. I would sign a petition supporting Wal-mart's right to legally sell/host what they choose to because I can always shop elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right, because some angry black protesters once said pigs should fry in a blanket automatically means the entire movement wants all cops dead. That's completely ignorant but totally in line with conservative thinking.

Guess what, only Breitbart, Fox News, Alex Jones, along with conservative blogs, consider BLM a hate group. The movement isn't about killing cops. It's about cops killing unarmed black people. I guess that could make someone angry enough to chant such things but it doesn't make them a hate group.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yup, hate group.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

#1 it's about profits. That maybe the reason that the FOP had to do the formal thing. I am surprised that WM pulled it, what if the consumers want it? What if the market demand it, they will be missing out on sales.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I'm surprised they didn't put in a request for ALM t-shirts...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Racism is protected by the First Amendment.

No, it's not - No law can protect an individual from the consequential effect resultant from him or her spewing racism.

Now, chanting racism may be protected via the 1A but if the recipient of the racism decides to kill you because of it, the onus is back on the racist to check him or herself before they wreck themselves (or themselves get wrecked) - which is a physical impossibility because they will be dead & unable to reflect on why they were killed.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

#1 it's about profits. That maybe the reason that the FOP had to do the formal thing. I am surprised that WM pulled it, what if the consumers want it? What if the market demand it, they will be missing out on sales.

They probably had more shoplifted than they sold.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Right, because some angry black protesters once said pigs should fry in a blanket automatically means the entire movement wants all cops dead. That's completely ignorant but totally in line with conservative thinking.

Guess what, only Breitbart, Fox News, Alex Jones, along with conservative blogs, consider BLM a hate group. The movement isn't about killing cops. It's about cops killing unarmed black people. I guess that could make someone angry enough to chant such things but it doesn't make them a hate group.

Well, two can play that game.

Since some Klan guys once burned a cross on someone's lawn, it means the entire movement wants all blacks dead. I mean look at Robert Byrd. They called him the conscience of the Senate for goodness sake!

And no one said the movement was about killing cops, but it has chanted about killing cops and strangely enough, there has been a rash of cop assassinations after the movement came about.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

They would not sell occupy wall street-that would be like cutting their own throat.

Selling BLM is about making $. If they could make $ selling kicking puppies into a barn fire hot yoga pants, they would.

There is no or very little morals in todays capitalism.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well, two can play that game.

Since some Klan guys once burned a cross on someone's lawn, it means the entire movement wants all blacks dead. I mean look at Robert Byrd. They called him the conscience of the Senate for goodness sake!

And no one said the movement was about killing cops, but it has chanted about killing cops and strangely enough, there has been a rash of cop assassinations after the movement came about.

The KKK is is classified as a hate group by the Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

BLM is classified a Hate Group by Chris Christie, O'Riley, Fox, Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh.
edit on 21-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join