It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use "ze" not he or she so not to offend transgender students-Oxford University tells students

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Using "ze" in place of he or she is considerate of trans genders. This is about being considerate and not offending the new gender ID'ed people. And this of course isn't about censoring anyone. How many trans are out there at Oxford?

Oxford is encouraging, and this is how it starts, students to us ze in-place of he or she, to reduce the risk of offending Trans students.

Oxford University is encouraging students to use the gender-neutral pronoun 'ze' instead of 'she and 'he'.

The students' union wrote in a leaflet that the move was intended to reduce the risk of transgender students being offended.

Students hope that the use of ‘ze’ will continue into university lectures and seminars, reported The Sunday Times.

Peter Tatchell, local do gooder, and LGBT rights campaigner said this is a positive thing to not always assign gender divisions. He continued saying it is good to have a gender neutral pronouns and that this isn't about being politically correct or censoring anyone. It is to recognize changing gender ID's.

Peter Tatchell, an LGBT rights campaigner, told MailOnline: 'It is a positive thing to not always emphasise gender divisions and barriers.

'It is good to have gender-neutral pronouns for those who want them but it shouldn't be compulsory.

'This issue isn't about being politically correct or censoring anyone. It's about acknowledging the fact of changing gender identities and respecting people's right to not define themselves as male or female.

'Giving people the 'ze' option is a thoughtful, considerate move.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Using "ze" in place of he or she is considerate of trans genders. This is about being considerate and not offending the new gender ID'ed people. And this of course isn't about censoring anyone. How many trans are out there at Oxford?

Oxford is encouraging, and this is how it starts, students to us ze in-place of he or she, to reduce the risk of offending Trans students.

Oxford University is encouraging students to use the gender-neutral pronoun 'ze' instead of 'she and 'he'.

The students' union wrote in a leaflet that the move was intended to reduce the risk of transgender students being offended.

Students hope that the use of ‘ze’ will continue into university lectures and seminars, reported The Sunday Times.

Peter Tatchell, local do gooder, and LGBT rights campaigner said this is a positive thing to not always assign gender divisions. He continued saying it is good to have a gender neutral pronouns and that this isn't about being politically correct or censoring anyone. It is to recognize changing gender ID's.

Peter Tatchell, an LGBT rights campaigner, told MailOnline: 'It is a positive thing to not always emphasise gender divisions and barriers.

'It is good to have gender-neutral pronouns for those who want them but it shouldn't be compulsory.

'This issue isn't about being politically correct or censoring anyone. It's about acknowledging the fact of changing gender identities and respecting people's right to not define themselves as male or female.

'Giving people the 'ze' option is a thoughtful, considerate move.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

What a crock-of-#! Sorry, that's all I got to say.
edit on Mon Dec 12 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

Wrong....its a truck of #.....what a lbgtqwerty joke

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

What about the trans person who you are going to hurt by using he or she. Insensitive prude/sarc

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Absolute nonsense. Oxford was once a pinnacle of western enlightenment and mental growth. Ze have since turned into a shelter for the most fragile and protected of minds.

I look forward to Zim's continued fall into obscurity I suppose..a lesson on how all countries, institutions, and organizations that go unchallenged for too long will become weakened and frail at the base and collapse into itself. nations and universities. Rome fell, Greece fell, libraries burned. The circle continues

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ill say it ..who the hell cares if transgenders are offended? They need to just grow a pair of balls (pun intended) and deal with it like adults.

Why should we all be treated the same when we are clearly different?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think the idea of "ze" is ridiculous. But here in the Philippines they use the term "sha" for either gender(and it does get confusing depending on your proclivities and location). So when they use English they tend to say "she" and "her" for everyone. It's worth a laugh.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
Ill say it ..who the hell cares if transgenders are offended? They need to just grow a pair of balls (pun intended) and deal with it like adults.

Why should we all be treated the same when we are clearly different?

This isn't even about Trans-genders. actually transgenders are just as offended by the whole ze/zim 83 different genders as cis folks.

The whole ze/zim stuff is the ones that don't identify as either a he or she but rather some new made up gender..walgreens gift card gendered or some such...its make believe
and now Oxford is demanding everyone..everyone cater to the mentally ill and transtrenders (and trolls)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
UK already started and ran with the "partner" crap.

Apparently husband, wife, boyfriend and girlfriend were offensive terms to those who didn't have one, or something like that, so the now commonly used term is partner, and all it does is add confusion.

Yet these self-centered, full of crap progressives apparently didn't care about all the husbands, wives, boyfriends and girlfriends who are now called partners. I mean, what about my feelings? If someone called my wife my partner they'd deserve to get five across the eyes in my mind.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That's likely.

A big part of the SJW movement is progressives taking offense on behalf of others, who haven't even claimed they're offended. They spend their time going around, looking for something which might offend someone else, then tell everyone else to act accordingly.

In the end, all they're doing is offending another segment of the population while embarrassing themselves. Why the F can't a transgendered just tell someone what they want to be referred to as? You know, communication. Why the presumption every transgendered would want these labels to apply?

Insanity.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Chick with a stick and guy with a pie lol

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
i guess " It " is out of the question huh, i mean if its not quite a he, not quite a she, 'it' seems right to me.

as if we dont have enough tripe on our plates to worry about as it is...
my generation... what a generation....ffs

edit on 12-12-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

What about the trans person who you are going to hurt by using he or she. Insensitive prude/sarc

I guess I will throw a box of gender-neutral crayons at them. Maybe gender-specific crayons? A cardboard cookie? I dont know i'm running out of ideas.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"Ze" I guess is the 'genderless' way to address someone.

A transgender being accepted would be being called the opposite of their biological sex, not 'genderless'.

I digress though, because Transgendered people aren't as concerned about people getting it 'Right' as they are about it being not gotten 'wrong'. Most I see that freak out aren't preemptively telling people what to call them, they're just being addressed as their actual gender and it's upsetting to them. Anyone that would continue to address them that way because they saw it was upsetting might not be right in the mind either, but still just going to make my point that it doesn't seem like they're demanding to be called anything specific, they just no longer want to be addressed as their biological gender, and it doesn't take a genius to understand why and sympathize to that cause.

It should be noted that for the most part transgender people aren't actually asking to be called 'Ze', this is just another alternative for people that are uncomfortable or unsure about calling a Man a Women, or a Woman a Man.

I'll let the irony sink in for now that the Right is against this type of label, it won't be long in the future for it to be acceptable to regress from calling well Transitioned people that are acceptably being called He and She post transition, to "Ze" to publicly identify they have false genitals.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
None of this has anything to do with protecting anyone's feelings.

It's about confusing traditional sexuality and normalizing deviancy.

That's what this "movement" has been about since day one.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The thing about a free society is, I can call anyone by whatever pronoun I so choose.

It's up to them whether they are offended or not, and I really don't care one way or the other.

What ever happened to the old "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonalThey're expanding/changing our language. Some would argue that it's the natural fluidity and evolution of language. Language represents though process, and this new pronoun is telling of a cultural shift. That's the underlining issue, but who really cares? It's when they start requiring people to use those pronouns. That'd be the real problem. Otherwise, I'll just call people what they are. If I can tell someone is a man or a woman, then I'll call that person what he/she is. If you're convincing enough, and I can't tell, then I'll call you what you look like. Sorry if feelings get hurt. It is what it is.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
The thing about a free society is, I can call anyone by whatever pronoun I so choose.

This is technically true.

The N word is also technically a pronoun.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

This is technically true.

The N word is also technically a pronoun.

You are correct, but I'm not sure if you're trying to insinuate something or not...

Do note that while I observe that a person is free to speak how one sees fit, that person does not get to choose the consequences which stem from that speech.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Zoot alors!

I'd like to see this idea take off in France. I don't think anything over there escapes having a gender identity.

And what about all the French people who can't pronounce 'the' and say 'ze' instead? Will they be offended by the rest of us saying 'ze' and think we're taking the proverbial?

Let's not risk offending a French person who may be within earshot as we talk to or about our gender neutral friends, they have feelings too.

Honestly, I don't want to upset people but some are too easily offended. Or rather, too worried about the rest of us offending others.
edit on 13-12-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join