It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern American 'Racism'---- Does Calling People Racist Work Anymore?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: underwerks

Fake news didn't exist until recently, started with the flat, dough, sauce and cheese-gate. And of course this article was from 2009.
Was fake news around then?

Fake news has been around since the invention of the newspaper, if not longer. Its only recently the majority of people can't tell the difference. Mostly thanks to sites like the one in your OP, and people promoting them.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Jan Arden (Cdn singer) was on the news recently for mentioning Eskimos. I guess they're Inuit these days. She didn't know it was now politically incorrect. I didn't either, guess I learned something 🙄 Unless that's changed already.

I have a son who's half indigenous/Indian/native Cdn......every couple of years it changes what I'm supposed to call him. He doesn't care, the Salish who are his family don't care (they called themselves Indians last time I was there), but it seems everyone else in earshot gets crazy if you say the wrong thing!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It shouldnt. At least not to a person that has an IQ greater than an ordinary garden slug. (that would be the person's IQ throwing around the term)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

White people/men of all colors don't often see their own biases and hence mistakenly believe they don't have them - nothing could be further from the truth.

So your racist against white people?

Everything you said previously to that was some what legitimate, THEN you reverted to what the problem this OP is talking about!

Perpetuate the hypocrisy! Because that is what you just did! Identity politics is cancer!

I am white and I am proud of who I am! Not because of my skin color but because of my character and morality. I never had a slave nor did my parent, grand parent, great grand parents and as a matter of fact, economically I am in the same monetary boat as many minorities! So why is it okay for anyone else of a different color to be proud except for white people?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Oh, well I am one of the unwashed then. I can live with that. The story is a backed by facts, did you take a second to read it?

I determine what real news is, not you. Just the same as you determine what real news is to you. The difference is if there are facts to back up the news. The pole of Hillary winning come to mind, I think we can agree that is fake news.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Stand ovation...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Racism is alive and well - as judged by people's behavior and speech. And each instance of bigoted speech and behavior needs to be decried.

You can choose to decry "bigotry" but just because 1 group or individual claims something to be bigoted does not necessarily make it so, especially these days where everything is labeled to be bigotry and racist. On top of that it is peoples right to be bigoted. It is your right to decry it , it is others right to be a bigot, it is no ones right to attempt to oppress either.

THAT is free speech.

White people/men of all colors don't often see their own biases and hence mistakenly believe they don't have them - nothing could be further from the truth.

As do black people or any other race. My family is black 90% of them very level headed and they dont play this victim race game but i see a lot of black people who fail to see beyond their own biases and are racist towards whites, latino's , asians and believe it or not AFRICANS. For some reason the afro american community discriminates towards Africans. for sure libarals will deny this right of the bat without knowing a ounce about this, most likely the "i *sneeze rainbows" white liberals but the truth of the matter remains the some nonetheless and i have seen it happen first hand for years.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Fake news didn't exist until recently, started with the flat, dough, sauce and cheese-gate. And of course this article was from 2009.

Fake news has been around since the invention of the newspaper, if not longer. Its only recently the majority of people can't tell the difference. Mostly thanks to sites like the one in your OP, and people promoting them.

You mean it is only recently since the left started to decide what is and what is not defined as "fake news".

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Oh, well I am one of the unwashed then. I can live with that. The story is a backed by facts, did you take a second to read it?

I determine what real news is, not you. Just the same as you determine what real news is to you. The difference is if there are facts to back up the news. The pole of Hillary winning come to mind, I think we can agree that is fake news.

I read the article before I commented. All of the examples of "facts" with links are mostly hyperbole with links to other opinion pieces as sources. That isn't my opinion, anyone who goes to your source can see that if they go a little further.

Excepting the one story about a guy saying his paperwork was going into a black hole and a woman calling him racist, which is actually kind of funny, and by no means representative of anything other than that idiot woman.

I determine what real news is, not you.
(You're right, it does work!)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: underwerks

You mean it is only recently since the left started to decide what is and what is not defined as "fake news".

Nope. I think I stated it pretty clearly in my comment.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
We are shifting to the ways online gamers interact with eachother, if one white gamer calls another black gamer a 'n-word', black gamer wouldnt care because people use it all the time.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No, if you are racist, being called a racist does nothing. Except making endless posts on the internet about being annoyed by the word racist.

Which btw, people who aren't racist, are completely uneffected by the word racist.
So if my post or just the word racist makes you mad/annoyed. You are racist.
Congatulations, you racist pig.

Racist.
edit on 3-12-2016 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Some source material from the article.
www.dallasnews.com...
www.qatarliving.com...
www.thefire.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: suvorov

Wrong, I would dare you to go to say any large corp and use that big scary word in any form at anyone and you will be in HR, then "let go".

Then go to any Friday night football game and use that really terrifying word, and have fun spending some time with the US medical system.

if one white gamer calls another black gamer a 'n-word', black gamer wouldnt care because people use it all the time.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Some source material from the article.
www.dallasnews.com...
www.qatarliving.com...
www.thefire.org...

Those are the ones I'm talking about. I talked about the first one in the last comment. ??? Did you even read my post?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

No, if you are racist, being called a racist does nothing. Except making endless posts on the internet about being annoyed by the word racist.

Ummmmm, read what you just typed, and get back to me why it makes any sense what so ever!

Because if a person is a racist, (according to you) calling them one means nothing. So does that mean that everyone else being called a racist is EXACTLY what the OP is talking about?????

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Ummmmm, read what you just typed, and get back to me why it makes any sense what so ever!

Because if a person is a racist, (according to you) calling them one means nothing. So does that mean that everyone else being called a racist is EXACTLY what the OP is talking about?????

You mad bro?

edit on 3-12-2016 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

You mad bro?

Nope!

LMAO as a matter of fact!

Care to address the hypocrisy of your statement I questioned you on?
edit on 3-12-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You mad bro?

Nope!

LMAO as a matter of fact!

Care to address the hypocrisy of your statement I questioned you on?

My post is pretty clear. If was not understood by you, I doubt I could make it any clearer.
Waste of my time.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Which btw, people who aren't racist, are completely uneffected by the word racist.
So if my post or just the word racist makes you mad/annoyed. You are racist.
Congatulations, you racist pig.

Racist.

That was one of the most ignorant and childish posts i have read on ATS.

So if i and a big group of people repeatedly and daily call you a pedophile to your face, in front of your family and your friends, on facebook, twitter and national tv reasoning it with suggestive examples and stories about you inevitably raising doubt about you in their minds.

You say you would be completely unaffected by this.
If you claim you would not be just because you can claim innocence, then you are indeed living in a bubble formed by your believes and your need to believe in them and you must have never heard of the very real thing called "Public persecution".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join