It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices in USA/Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
here's a question I have, will gas prices go down soon? I live in Canada but have always felt we are very close to USA and are like partners, Mexico not so much. Anyways gas is like 1.20 a litre here, that's about 5 bucks a gallon! One way or another things have to get better and thi8ngs like gas should go down, right?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: wissy
here's a question I have, will gas prices go down soon? I live in Canada but have always felt we are very close to USA and are like partners, Mexico not so much. Anyways gas is like 1.20 a litre here, that's about 5 bucks a gallon! One way or another things have to get better and thi8ngs like gas should go down, right?

Tax and spend Trudeau is in power.

Not a chance.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, in my neck of the woods (Oklahoma), I paid $2.19 per gallon yesterday.

I would like to see it back up around $3.00 to $3.50 per gallon... I realize that is going to be a highly unpopular opinion, but I work in the oil industry, as do all of my loved ones, and if gas gets up above three bucks per gallon, my bosses and my husband's bosses and my dad's bosses are all making money. That means we go back to getting raises and bonuses and that we have job security again.

The oilfield layoffs have been absolutely devastating here. Both to our populace and to our local economy.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I paid $1.99 a gallon at a Krogers in Virginia 2 days ago, $5 a gallon is blatant theft and price gouging.

They are still making a profit at $1.99 or they wouldn`t be selling it that cheap, so at $5 a gallon someone is making at least $3 a gallon profit.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Prices are always low before elections. Expect them to go back up.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wissy

And add on the new carbon tax......at least Alberta gas is at 89 cents a litre- for a short time. Our gas will never be anywhere near the US price unless theirs goes way up for an odd reason, but ours would probly just go up even more. 😕

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My city (Thunder Bay) is renown for gouging at the pumps. We were at 1.47 a liter when the rest of the country was at .90 cents.
Surprisingly we have a manageable gas price currently sitting at $1.07 a liter

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
How do ya think Canadians get "free" healthcare?

The more social programs you have, the more taxes you need to pay for them.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante
Well, in my neck of the woods (Oklahoma), I paid $2.19 per gallon yesterday.

I would like to see it back up around $3.00 to $3.50 per gallon... I realize that is going to be a highly unpopular opinion, but I work in the oil industry, as do all of my loved ones, and if gas gets up above three bucks per gallon, my bosses and my husband's bosses and my dad's bosses are all making money. That means we go back to getting raises and bonuses and that we have job security again.

The oilfield layoffs have been absolutely devastating here. Both to our populace and to our local economy.

Then I suggest you find a new line of work with better pay, don't be so selfish. When Gas and heating oil goes up, those people trying to make ends meet have a heck of a time to just live. All so you can make more money? Millennial by chance?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Taxes go to help cover frivolities like health care. Gotta look at the big picture.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Taxes go to help cover frivolities like health care. Gotta look at the big picture.

While i don't pretend our health care is anywhere near perfect, i certainly wouldn't call it frivolous.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just got back from a week in Canada. The prices were not that bad, approx $1.08 (Canadian) per liter, and Americans were getting $1.33 C for every $1 US.... Canadians should get a better deal, since they own the Hibernia oil fields.... Sure have seen things a lot worse.

edit on 9-11-2016 by charlyv because: spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

While i don't pretend our health care is anywhere near perfect, i certainly wouldn't call it frivolous.
Neither do I when I'm not being facetious.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, up until last week it was $1.79, now that we raised our gas tax from the second lowest to sixth highest it is $2.09. At least we still have someone pump it for us.

Thanks Obama!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

$2.05 at Costco in the Chicago suburbs - no complaints here! I don't see it going up much in the near future either - doing so would most likely require a weakening of the dollar, which only shows signs of gaining strength, this resulting in even lower oil prices.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

Then I suggest you find a new line of work with better pay, don't be so selfish. When Gas and heating oil goes up, those people trying to make ends meet have a heck of a time to just live. All so you can make more money? Millennial by chance?

Actually, I'm one of those folks you're talking about. I'm a lowly secretary who busts her ass 40 hours per week all while being a single mom until just last year. My dad and husband work out in the field, they work long hard hours in terrible conditions. These guys risk their lives at work every day in order to take care of their families. We aren't the big guys at the top who are raking it in, man. We live paycheck to paycheck just like everyone else and you never forget that there could be another layoff around the corner. I don't think it's selfish to want to take care of and provide adequately for one's family.

And nope. I'm a GenXer

edit on 10-11-2016 by DustbowlDebutante because: add

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The weekly oil and gas rig report says US is at 568 and Canada is at 176

Let's see how prices will play out

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
$1.32 a liter here in qld australia. During the crash of 2008 we were slugged almost 2 bux

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
$1.59 in SW Michigan with my discount from the Credit Union. Filled up the motorhome tonight saved $16.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante
Got it, thanks, hope you all the best regardless. I know how you feel and are going through. I have to travel all over for work away from family just to put food on the table and hope gas prices don't go up, I'm like many that if fuel prices go up too much then it's a wash from traveling to work, or just staying at home with no income.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join