It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failure to find a sexual partner is now a DISABILITY says World Health Organisation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Until now, infertility - the failure to achieve pregnancy after 12 months or more of regular unprotected sex - was considered a disability. 

But now in dramatic move the World Health Organisation will change the standard to suggest that a person who is unable to find a suitable sexual partner or is lacking a sexual relationship to have children - will now be equally classified as disabled. 

WHO says the change will give every individual “the right to reproduce”.
SOURCE

Does this "disability" apply to those who choose to stay single? Could this lead to a situation where people are getting disability benefits for choosing to stay single? That will sound appealing to a lot of people. It would be a great way to impose population control.

I am concerned about what will be called a "diability" or a "mental health issue" next. It could be anything. I see no logic in this stuff anymore.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I don't think being infertile would qualify you for disability benefits to begin with. Perhaps a person who was infertile for whatever reason would, according to the WHO, be eligible to recieve insurance coverage for fertility treatments.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I guess I never knew that when I was telling people they were absurd to think it was a right to be able to demand someone hook up with them that I was closer to the coming reality than I knew.

I thought it was an obvious absurdity.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Existing. Breathing. And eating.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's called ADOPTION. Adoption is not a disability. BS Bull Crap. If a couple can't have a child the market is flooded with children just like a dog shelter. Go adopt one. Care for that person, love that person. The mental stupidity of the leadership of this planet should be the next disability.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm thinking stocks in the plastic doll business are going to skyrocket. Government subsidies, the whole bit.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I was married once, now I wouldn't do it again ever. Also, we have 7+ billion, I don't think reproducing is the problem. The ponzi scheme economy is making it uneconomical and a poor choice to have children. Monetarily It's like, hey honey, the job market is shaky, I already have 100k in student debt and so do you, but let's buy a ferrari.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
not just sad and lonely, now i'm disabled too.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Technically everything can be classed as disability. Someone can do things others can't? It's getting ridiculous. I would think lying there doing nothing while people kick the f out of you is a disability. But it seems doing "things" or not doing them is a disability. Come on, now they're just naming personality traits ...
edit on 20-10-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
It's called ADOPTION. Adoption is not a disability. BS Bull Crap. If a couple can't have a child the market is flooded with children just like a dog shelter. Go adopt one. Care for that person, love that person. The mental stupidity of the leadership of this planet should be the next disability.

It usually costs upward of 20 grand to adopt a healthy infant. Not much less to adopt a healthy toddler. You can go with the foster care system in the U.S., which is less expensive, but many of those children are taken from caring parents whose worst crime was being poor, young, pot smokers or some combination. The children that come from a genuinely abusive situation often have a plethora of behavioral issues and developmental deficits that most people are not willing, or frankly, able to cope with.

Adoption is not an attainable option for many people. There is not a simple answer to this complex problem.

Qualifying an inability to find a sexual partner as a disability is absurd.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
isn't it more about the inability TO FIND a sexual partner that's the disability?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Lol.

Darwin's all like...wtf?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
YEAH

gimmie those ssi disability checks!
edit on 20-10-2016 by Perjury because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just a way to get more people getting gov income imo

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Perjury

Yeah, like all "I'd rather stare at the wall"

Ok done.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Good thing this doesn't apply in Japan, or it'd be almost 1/2 the population.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What else was going to happen when we loose our ability to look one another in the eyes and talk about things that aren't about ourselves...

I don't know if it's the fact I was introverted to begin with and could watch humanity from the outside in or if it is the fact I don't use social media or smartphones like everyone else does, but have seen people not talk to each other as much as they used too and they don't seem to even care about other people that much.

Many people assume they " know " and don't engage as much as they used too.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

This world has flat out become too stupid for words.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You mean Meatloaf was wrong?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ask any guy going through a dry spell.

It's definitely a disability.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join