It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla escaped from enclosure at London Zoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Reports that a Gorilla escaped from his enclosure earlier this evening , reports emerging from witnesses say the lead male charged a glass partition to make good his escape.
Actions speak louder than words.

Armed police attended the incident but latest news is that the gorilla was captured alive by Zoo keepers with a dart gun.

A Metropolitan police spokesman told the Standard officers were called at 5:20pm “to support zoo staff dealing with the gorilla in question." He confirmed at 6.48pm that the incident had been "concluded".
www.standard.co.uk...

If we are to keep these animals in captivity then a better solution needs to be found to allow public acces while taking their feeling into account too.

edit on 13-10-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
If we are to keep these animals in captivity then a better solution needs to be found to allow public acces while taking their feeling into account too.

Zoo's should serve only 1 purpose, Rehabilitation of animals that can't return to the wild (and breeding programs), Not a public spectacle. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

sorry but we are 'not to keep animals in captivity' .

that escape attempt was not because its a violent guerilla, but an insight that it should not be caged and put on for a show for us...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
#avengeHarambe.

you would be shocked how hard it is to find a tranq gun

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Need to fund the breeding programmes somehow unfortunately. Need a ROCE too.

Some animals may be extinct if it wasn't for our pleasure ( oh the irony)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Will this be a "Harmabe 2.0"? I certainly hope not.

Also, I agree with Tjoran that rehabilitation "sanctuaries" are a great thing, but zoos for the purpose of entertainment are immoral

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Sadly I only have one star to give. London zoo is one of the most miserably depressing places I've ever been, it's even worse when you have an inconsolable 7 year old crying her eyes out because the animals should be allowed to go home.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Need to tell her they are home. Explaining pets must be really difficult.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

We tend to not drug the pets or keep them in glass boxes, they're cats so they come and go as they please... it's a bit less difficult than you might imagine.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Sadly I only have one star to give. London zoo is one of the most miserably depressing places I've ever been, it's even worse when you have an inconsolable 7 year old crying her eyes out because the animals should be allowed to go home.

Went to the Moncton zoo with my wifes family this summer. The whole ordeal was fairly depressing. For example, All day the lion paced back and fourth at the end of his fence farthest away from people, staring into the woods. Don't get me wrong though, I'm sure the staff do their best, and some animals certainly do better in a zoo setting than others (like reptiles and some farm animals). But damn man
edit on 13-10-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

People pay to go to the zoo. Many of the proceeds go to such endeavors. I don't like zoos but they are a necessary evil to help acquire funds for these causes we may not already get. That said I'm all for improving quality of life for these animals. Zoos have come a long way in that regard over what they used to be. Could be better and not all have come around, but is improving and serves, usually a noble purpose overall.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I've gone to zoos far different than you're describing. Far more open and natural. No lion's pacing in cages.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

join