It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Warned to Defuse Tensions with Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Velatropa24

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Velatropa24

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: elysiumfire

Bashar al-Assad's airmen laugh as they drop barrel bombs on fellow Syrians - UK Telegraph

Amnesty International says that barrel bombs have been used to lay waste to civilian areas, claiming at least 11,000 lives since 2012. Last month alone, at least 85 were dropped on the city of Aleppo. The footage, obtained by al-Jazeera, appears to have been shot on a mobile phone inside a Syrian helicopter. These raids have become so frequent that the airmen behave as if they are following a mundane routine. They laugh and joke as they prime the weapons for use against their fellow Syrians.

You are mistaken.

Telegraph is Rupert Murdochs crap rag globalist propaganda outlet and therefore can not be treated as a legitimate source of anything but globalist propaganda. It is the most biased, opinion filled and unprofessional journalism I have ever come across. I am very surprised that any sane person reads this crap and takes it seriously.

Yet, you find blatantly biased Youtube videos credible?

Different strokes, I imagine. Care to address the actual material in the article, or shall we merely damn sources?

Let's not assume here. I have not even seen the video, yet you are teaching me about what I find credible or not. Ignorant much?

As far as the telegraph - i stand by my opinion.

You didn't comment on the video, but you're chiming into the conversation another poster and I are having about the matter with no comment about it?

Yeah, seems reasonable.

Fine. The Telegraph article is low-hanging fruit that puts the lie to the assertion that the Assad regime is not targeting its own people. Better sources abound; this fact is not exactly unknown for the last five years or so.

Why would I waste time linking more sources when the response will just be "boo hiss MSM"?

/shrug

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Gryphon66:

SO ... we're going to damn sources it seems.

Yes.

Does supporting ISIS and the slaughter of Syrians in their own country not bother you. When the so-called rebels turned up in Syria, there was a mass exodus of Syrians towards Government-held areas of Syria for protection. All you are doing is spouting and parroting what you've read and seen from the MSM.

You are not informed, and you support the wrong side. Ohanka and I are trying to help you to free your mind.

Now you're putting words in my mouth.

You're trying to "free my mind"??? When you believe crap presented by Ron Paul's outfit?

What horsepucks, I'm wasting time here.

Except for this one ... the "exodus of Syrians" headed toward Assad-regime safe areas?

Must be why there are millions of refugees in Europe then, eh?

Please. This is a waste of time. Believe as you will.
edit on 5-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: MamaJ

I was being sarcastic MamaJ...

Hence the devil face. As far as I know this US admin has come down really hard on whistleblowers. Those critical of US war machine are usually branded traitors.

Gotcha.. my apologies. Hard to tell via text but I appreciate you clarifying it for me.

I applaud people who come out for the betterment of mankind instead of trying to annihilate us aka US Government.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Gryphon66:

Now you're putting words in my mouth. The exodus headed toward Assad-regime safe areas? Must be why there are millions of refugees in Europe then, eh?

Are you actually informed enough as to why there is a war in Syria? I'd really like to hear your ISIS-supporting side of things?

No. Don't tell me I'll tell you, I can't trust what you write.

The West wanted to put a pipeline through Syria, Assad told them where to go with that idea. Western psy-ops went into Syria to foment civil war, only there is no civil war in Syria. The people didn't rise up against Assad, proxy mercenaries acting as Syrians went in and brought the strife into Syria.

Of course, Assad responded to Syrian incursion, and once he responded, all sorts of 'actors' became involved on behalf of the West. The West wants its pipeline, no matter the cost to Syria.

This is what you are supporting and condoning in your ignorance. I don't believe you to be a 'bad' person, and that once you allow yourself to become better informed, you will change your view.

Read my signature, it is you to a 'T'!
edit on 5/10/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here, you want sources of truth...

21stcenturywire.com...

en.alalam.ir...

www.thecanary.co...

www.voltairenet.org...

en.alalam.ir...

Look away from the MSM and the news changes quite drastically. It becomes REAL!
edit on 5/10/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Are you speaking about The Leviathan Project ?? www.academia.edu...

I only found two threads on ATS regarding the real reason why we are at war in regards to these pipelines.One was old and the other not much detail n it. Neither thread got much attention.

I really don't understand why more people do not know what this is all about. My ex husband works on one of the platforms out there otherwise I wouldn't know anything about it.

Partners developing the Leviathan gas field offshore Israel, have signed a deal to sell $3 billion worth of gas from the field to Israels’ IPM. According to Israeli media, the deal was revealed during the weekend and entails the partners in the field will supply gas to IPM over the period of 18 years. The gas will be used for the power plant IPM will build at the south of Israel, approximately 60 km from Jerusalem. The power plant will supply different consumers at the Beer Tuvia industrial zone, with any surplus electricity to be sold to other electricity consumers via the IEC grid. Under the supply agreement the Leviathan partners will supply IPM with an overall amount of 13 billion cubic meters of natural gas. The signing of the contract follows a recent gas framework agreement reached between the Leviathan partners and the Israeli government, which should pave the way towards the development of the giant gas field. More on that here: http://(link tracking not allowed)/27D21ou Also, the contract with IPM is the second gas sales deal Leviathan partners have signed in 2016. To remind, the first deal worth approximately $1.3 billion for the supply of natural gas from the field to Edeltech Ltd., was signed in on January 30, 2016.
www.offshoreenergytoday.com...

This deserves it's own thread imo to educate people because you sure don't hear about it on the news.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is from April of last year.... It has all been predicted here how it would play out and everyone's interests of filling up their pockets with more power and greed all in the name of "terrorists".

If the Russian reports are accurate, it could portend a major new step in Putin energy geopolitics in the Middle East, one which could give Washington a major defeat in her increasingly inept moves to control the world’s center of oil and gas. Russian interest Many outside observers might be surprised that Putin would be in such a dialogue with Netanyahu, a longstanding US ally. There are many factors behind it. One is the leverage Russia’s President has through the presence of more than one million ethnic Russians in Israel, including a cabinet member in Netanyahu’s government. More importantly, since the Obama Administration went ahead, over vehement Netanyahu protests, to sign the nuclear deal with Iran in 2015, relations between Washington and Tel Aviv have chilled to put it mildly. The situation is being skillfully mined by Putin and Russia. Washington wants to force a political reconciliation between Netanyahu and Turkey’s Erdogan, including a deal in which Turkey would become a major buyer of Israeli offshore gas, making major purchase agreements from Leviathan. For Washington that would reduce Turkish dependency, today more than 60%, on imports of Russian gas. In return Israel would agree to sell Turkey advanced Israeli military equipment with Washington approval.
m.journal-neo.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Here is why Putin is acting quickly imo...

Putin may think this is an excellent time for a bloodbath in Aleppo. Obama, who defined his presidency on withdrawal from foreign intervention, has not the will, nor the time left to resist. It will be months before a new president is elected, and if, as Russia fears, that new president will be Hillary Clinton, then Putin may well calculate that he has a window of opportunity in Syria which will shortly close.
www.middleeasteye.net...

How does Russian involvement in the Syrian civil war affect the Middle Eastern natural gas industry?
www.inss.org.il...'s%20Leviathan%20Interest%20-%20An%20interview%20with%20Oded%20Eran.pdf

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

It is stunning to realise that this letter signed by a former U.S. Senator among others has not become a story worthy of coverage by the press in the USA and Canada. I have read some stories from European websites about this, but unless I am very much mistaken this open letter has not even earned a mention on FoxNews in the States.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join