It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Warned to Defuse Tensions with Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So a group of former US intelligence, Military, Legal and other officials wrote to the US president urging him to take control and limit the Pentagons interfering in Syria. They did the same for Bush before the Iraq war urging him to reconsider. I know Obama is on his way out and for all the good he's done in the last 8yrs, he is the President. The Russians see him as the leader and the decision maker, he needs to stand up and make decisions to stop the maniacs driving us toward conflict. These maniacs in the Pentagon and the military will be in power long after Obama's gone, but Obama has the authority to stop it,before he leaves.

It feels like it was written from desperation..

It feels like we really are, finally, moving on an unstoppable train to conflict...

A group of ex-U.S. intelligence officials is warning President Obama to defuse growing tensions with Russia over Syria by reining in the demonization of President Putin and asserting White House civilian control over the Pentagon.

ALERT MEMORANDUM FOR: The President
SUBJECT: PREVENTING STILL WORSE IN SYRIA

We write to alert you, as we did President George W. Bush, six weeks before the attack on Iraq, that the consequences of limiting your circle of advisers to a small, relatively inexperienced coterie with a dubious record for wisdom can prove disastrous.* Our concern this time regards Syria.

Russia’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova: “If the US launches a direct aggression against Damascus and the Syrian Army, it would cause a terrible, tectonic shift not only in the country, but in the entire region.”

Therefore, we strongly recommend that you invite President Putin to meet with you in a mutually convenient place, in order to try to sort things out and prevent still worse for the people of Syria.

signed by,

William Binney, former Technical Director, World Geopolitical & Military Analysis, NSA; co-founder, SIGINT Automation Research Center (ret.)
Fred Costello, Former Russian Linguist, USAF
Mike Gravel, former Adjutant, top secret control officer, Communications Intelligence Service; special agent of the Counter Intelligence Corps and former United States Senator
Matthew Hoh, former Capt., USMC, Iraq & Foreign Service Officer, Afghanistan (associate VIPS)
Larry C. Johnson, CIA & State Department (ret.)
John Kiriakou, former CIA counterterrorism officer and former senior investigator, Senate Foreign Relations Committee
Linda Lewis, WMD preparedness policy analyst, USDA (ret.) (associate VIPS)
Edward Loomis, NSA, Cryptologic Computer Scientist (ret.)
Ray McGovern, former US Army infantry/intelligence officer & CIA analyst (ret.)
Elizabeth Murray, Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Middle East, CIA (ret.)
Todd Pierce, MAJ, US Army Judge Advocate (ret.)
Coleen Rowley, Division Counsel & Special Agent, FBI (ret.)
Kirk Wiebe, former Senior Analyst, SIGINT Automation Research Center, NSA, (ret.)
Robert Wing, former Foreign Service Officer
Ann Wright, U.S. Army Reserve Colonel (ret) and former U.S. Diplomat

consortiumnews.com...
edit on 5/10/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

While I appreciate the effort...I fear it will fall on deaf ears...as evident from a few threads on this subject.

It's di** measuring time...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

It is quite clear that there are lunatics running the show here in the land of Murica.

The lies and destruction of the middle east as well as the creation of Daesh falls squarely upon our shoulders...hell we are still trying to claim that we support "moderate extremists"!

For our State department to attempt to use this as a justification for a third world war simply exemplifies the insanity.

We can only pray that this message is heard!

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031amWednesday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Very amusing.

Obama is a puppet, same as Bush was. He doesn't call the shots. This letter is more of a script for him to follow, rather than a warning.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
The lies and destruction of the middle east as well as the creation of Daesh falls squarely upon our shoulders...

It feels like it..

People told the US before they went into Iraq there were no WMD's and the war would unleash violence, terrorism and feuding sects.. and it did. Civil war in Iraq, no WMD's found and the whole time the west was giving Iran the death stare.

After the Civil War, troop surge, various Alqaeda leaders killed and Muqtadā al-Ṣadr took Sadr City it was in chaos.

Then we left.. we also left all our military equipment, weapons, uniforms Humvee's and tortured prisoners behind with a half of Baghdad wanting to butcher the other..

We are meant to believe they then went on a death rampage across Libya, Egpyt, Syria without any guidance, intelligence, funding or instruction from the Western Governments.

What a load of total bull plop. We have driven this Arabic death squad all the way to Damascus, Russia has put itself right in front of Assad and told the Americans... hit Assad, hit Russia!

its totally, fkt!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Astutely predicted by General Clark in this infamous video...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It's not the Pentagon i'm worried about, it's the CIA and the administration itself. When NATO was intervening in Libya, the Pentagon maintained communications with the Gaddafi family and attempted to resolve the conflict in a political manner. Those attempts were overriden by then secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, and covert means by agencies to support 'rebels'. Considering this, i would not be surprised if the Pentagon has a better grasp of the Syrian situation than either the administration or intelligence agencies. One example is that they support vetted groups, while the CIA and other agencies support other, more questionable, organisations.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
We both want to stop ISIS, I think we are the wrong end here... unless there is some agenda at work that the public has no knowledge of... but that seems unlikely

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

The goal has never been to fight the Islamic State, it is to remove the Ba'ath party from power in Syria.

Syria is a strong opponent of Israel, they want to install a more Israel-friendly state.

Exact same reason Gaddafi and Saddam were ousted.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

The goal has never been to fight the Islamic State, it is to remove the Ba'ath party from power in Syria.

Syria is a strong opponent of Israel, they want to install a more Israel-friendly state.

All has become clear.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I don't think this is about Israel, no one was going to war with Israel being they have nukes & the US.

It feels as if Israel lost its grip on the White House. They might have been involved in the Iraq planning, but after that they were sidelined.

There's something else at play here, its just neutral to Israel.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Hillary's emails when she was Sec State explicitly showed that the destablisation of the middle east, also known as "Arab Spring", was to strengthen Israel's position in the region.

I'll hunt down the source. May take me some time though.

But I don't think it's a coincidence that the governments toppled or thrown into turmoil as a result of Arab Spring where ones that were either hostile to Israel or had a history of hostility towards Israel.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

If this has anything to do with Israel, then it's more about making sure that she is isolated. This administration has worked to quietly undermine and isolate the state.

Obama is anti-colonialist. And no state in the Middle East is more colonial than Israel who owes its existence solely to actions taken by colonial European powers.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

It's done a piss poor job of that though. Things are more dangerous, not less. Iran is the strongest and most dangerous state in the region for Israel, and it's quickly flipping the script and becoming the prime actor in the region.

Either Hillary is dumber than a doornail or she relied too much on Huma, who has Muslim Brotherhood ties, to tell her what to do or both.

Between Obama clearing the way for a nuclear Iran and Iranian power plays in the area and massive instability everywhere else, things are worse, not better.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I do not think this would be considered neutral to Isreal, in fact I would think it to be quite beneficial for Israel.

Considering they have stolen the Golan Heights and invested in Genie Oil along with other Globalists..

That is without even considering The Whole Greater Israel plan, which I never really believed in, up until you begin to see what is happening. The whole 7 countries in 5 years, ultimately would be helpful indeed to furthering such an agenda, reaping so much chaos would be of great assistance.

Something else I find that gives credit to this idea is the strange alliance that Israel has with Daesh, you would think that this insidious army most certainly would have an opinion on Israel, right?

Yet they seem to be strategically attacking countries not so friendly with Israel, if Syria and Iraq fell, I would imagine next on Daesh's list would be Iran.

Netanyahu seems friendly with both of the options being served up and Clinton is most certainly insane enough to take it to the next level and I can think of nothing more then Netanyahu would like to see than the above situation.
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031amWednesday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Didn't it turn out that there were indeed WMD's in Iraq after all?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging

Didn't it turn out that there were indeed WMD's in Iraq after all?

are you kidding me of being sarcastic?

there was no weapons of mass destruction factories, labs, mobile production facilities, train labs, stockpiles or large trucks. There was no nuclear program or any risk of a mushroom cloud.

there was nothing, there hadn't been since GW1 when the UN And the west destroyed them all.

the ''recordings'' and such that Powell produced to the UN were fakes.

anyone who says any different, I am afraid to say is wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Isis....the great stoolies.

Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt, North Korea, Venezuela....the one thing all these nations have in common is a lack of a central reserve banking system.

Isis is just a means to establishing this end. Essentially, two choices are given: sign the papers and take the loans, or we will bomb your country to the point you have to have the loans for the new government to rebuild.

And that is exactly what we do.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think your right on here!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Okay, let's play what if ...

What should Obama be doing in response to this Russian adventurism?

Should we turn tail and run? Let the Soviets Russians have a strong forward base on the Med?

We rolled over for Vlad in Crimea; are any of you really suggesting we do the same in Syria?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join