It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Now Blaming Obama For Its Embarrassing Override Of His Veto

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

This is classic. Can you imagine if the country elects Trump, and he ends America, or the world who would they blame?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Congress has really shown their ass on this one. Rushing to an emotional decision and then blaming Obama because they didn't take the time to THINK.

Well, considering their heads were blocking it before, maybe it's a good thing.
I am reminded once again of that commercial, where a man can't help himself from spending money and going into debt, so the last scene shows him riding around on his lawnmower begging for someone to help him out.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Notice how most of the posts here ignore all the Democrats who voted to veto Obama.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Notice how most of the posts here ignore all the Democrats who voted to veto Obama.

In fact, none of them do.

In fact, we just discussed it above.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

And yet all the hate in this thread is directed towards Republicans and Trump voters.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Our grandparents fought and died so we were not tied to a brutal fasict state. Blood was spilt in the ultimate sacrifice.

So to bitch and whine because not supporting a evil regiume like Saudi Arabia might cause a little economic hardship it pathetic.

I would rather spend abit more at the petrol pump so as not to be a slave to such barbaric tyrants.

Really sacrificing money is better than spilling blood.
edit on 30-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

...hate...

One of our resident hatemongers doesn't like the shoe on the other foot...

Queue the world's smallest violin.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Another reason pointing to the fact that a major house cleaning needs to happen in Congress. uninformed and unwilling to do almost anything useful.

But let's all worry about the president and turn a blind eye on members of Congress.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Last time I checked "Congress" includes Democrats.

If the title would have been "GOP Now Blaming Obama For Its Embarrassing Override Of His Veto" you might have a point.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

man you have no idea what youre talking about. You can tell obama is real and that he cares??? are you psychic?

i have family members and friends who are like angels to certain groups of people and like demons to others....and would you want to guess if those who see the demon side would believe theres an angel side or vice versa?

the level of faith and belief by some in the paid actors and actresses on the world stage is truly mind boggling.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So countries being held accountable for their actions is a bad thing now? This alternate reality keeps getting more and more bizarre!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

I have no idea what I'm talking about? I'm sorry, but you know nothing about me, how I process the news, how I form opinions, or anything of the sort. Hell I don't even know who you are on ATS. Some new guy, clearly. So keep your useless and offtopic opinion to yourself. Especially since it provided no actual retorts to my opinion other than, "Nuh uh! You're wrong!" Waste of space.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

And yet all the hate in this thread is directed towards Republicans and Trump voters.

Only if someone has a victim complex.

Do you have a victim complex?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yea. Obama's patience is on another level... After dealing with the yahoos in Congress for 8 years he should qualify for Sainthood with the level of patience he's demonstrated. And before the crazy literalists on ATS try to take these words out of context NO. I'm not calling Obama a Saint. I'm just speaking figuratively.

Well, said. I went from really not liking the guy to considering that he'll probably be one of the last great American Presidents.

I have little hope in whoever wins from here on out.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Looks like the over-ride was a good example of bi-partisan cooperation.

You know, the cooperation Obama has been screaming about not existing.

So he finally gets it and hates it anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

If the title would have been "GOP Now Blaming Obama For Its Embarrassing Override Of His Veto" you might have a point.

Forget the title, that is what you all are talking about.

originally posted by: jaws1975
So countries being held accountable for their actions is a bad thing now? This alternate reality keeps getting more and more bizarre!

These people are brain washed cult members. The one can do no wrong.
edit on 30-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like the over-ride was a good example of bi-partisan cooperation.

You know, the cooperation Obama has been screaming about not existing.

So he finally gets it and hates it anyway.

Can you quote Obama saying he "hates" it? Or are you just speaking on his behalf again? (Rule 4)

Or are you really trying to advance the notion that a bunch of lying, pandering Congressionals playing CYA for the ballot box in November rises to the level of "cooperation"? (Rule 7)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Good to know my very first impression was correct.

That it was just really dumb.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Maybe you can answer my question, is it really dumb to hold countries accountable for their actions?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
a reply to: Annee

Maybe you can answer my question, is it really dumb to hold countries accountable for their actions?

Do you really think it is a good idea to let the public's judgement determine if a country is actionable? The public has notoriously bad judgement and letting the public get involved in international affairs will only lead to disaster.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join