It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do when the internet shuts down?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Careful, you'll end up on a watchlist. lol!

I am probably already on one for not having Facebook.

'Look at the weirdo, we need to keep an eye on his anti-social ass.'

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I seem to remember the world pre-internet and it was just fine. I wouldn't miss a beat. Actually, the other day I said that if the internet were to disappear tomorrow and never return (for whatever reason) I'm fairly certain it would be the best thing to happen to the world since the internet....

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
I seem to remember the world pre-internet and it was just fine. I wouldn't miss a beat. Actually, the other day I said that if the internet were to disappear tomorrow and never return (for whatever reason) I'm fairly certain it would be the best thing to happen to the world since the internet....

Wait, you want the internet to go away? How would I get updates on the Taylor Swift vs. Kayne/Kim feud?

Read the The National Inquirer or People?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Dust off my musical instruments and get to know them again.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Dust off my musical instruments and get to know them again.

I do miss your skills and stylings on the lute and recorder.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol. Mandolin and Bass guitar actually. Though your joke with the lute was close since a lute and a mandolin are similar instruments.
edit on 30-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Get off my desk chair and spring clean and paint my house.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would.....wow this is gonna be tough.....I would go and talk to another human being. IN PERSON!!! Like right to their face.

There, I said it, it sounds crazy but I would do it.

It probably won't be as simple as that. Too much gang lands in US. What you doing in my territory?! Is what they most likely will say?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

Not really. Schools have been forcing internet usage for a long time now. Same with a lot of the companies now. Even then the whole world uses internet for free messages. Just imagine a recall from a Japanese company to US now without internet. Not as fast to get the message over anymore.
edit on 30-9-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If the internet goes away... hum?

First, I would laugh, and laugh, and laugh, at the Kardashians! I already do but this would be epic!

Second, I would try to sign up for Facebook just to screw with customer service! It would be a version of Idiocracy and the electrolyte conversation--just completely circular!

Then, after a few days of boredom and exercise, random house cleaning, and making meals, I would start programming. Then I would hook a couple computers together and make them talk. Then I would connect up my phone to one of the computers. Before long, I would have an awesome beard! I would only go outside to buy toilet paper and beans. And in a few years, I would have a rudimentary bulletin board up for people to use. Mostly desperate lonely types that believe in UFOs and Bigfoot and super high tech toys. And I would give it a snazzy name!

But guess what, the internet cannot go away. There are seven layers to the network infrastructure and there is no one central location where this resides. All communication is now done through this equipment including the internet. In essence, the internet is just an application of technology. It would take a kill shot from the sun to knock it all out but even then some of it would still function. The kill shot would mean you have more to worry about than what is trending on Facebook or Twitter; you would be in a fight for survival as there would be no electricity. Cold, wet, warmth, food, safety, would be your only attention.

Who knows, maybe a reset to zero has happened to mankind before. Maybe it will again. But right now there so much technology that it would be near impossible for a complete reset. Strange thing to think about at the start of the weekend!
edit on 30-9-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: kelsey grammar

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
It probably won't be as simple as that. Too much gang lands in US. What you doing in my territory?! Is what they most likely will say?

Nope, not buying it. I will get rightupintheirface and close talk them until they become my friend. Capiche?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I would finally have friends in real life! We could play baseball almost everyday(I'm too unathletic for basketball and football, too much exertion. I can workout for baseball but I can quit a workout when I want. I guess I could be a punter or kicker in football). We could build things. Learn. Laugh. Make music, whether it sucks or not, whatever. Make some brew. I dunno. All I know is true friendship would be abound while the narcissists are crying and/or committing suicide, which would pain me, but it would happen...

By the way, I wish for the radio and television to be destroyed before the internet naturally, but people are addicted to the internet. The only reason I am is because almost EVERYONE else is... leaving me with nothing else to do... I try to talk to people and they just move along, back to their locked up house with guns, watching TV, playing video games, and using Internet while dying...
edit on 1/10/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I was shocked because i needed internet for work. I was trying to calm down and eat, eat .....

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
If the internet goes away... hum?

First, I would laugh, and laugh, and laugh, at the Kardashians! I already do but this would be epic!

OMG. Thanks for that... I get ya!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I bought a hammock this past spring. What do YOU think I'd be doing if the internet goes poof?

Spoiler: lounging in it with a beer in hand. And maybe a book,I got plenty of those crammed into my bookcase.

<< 1  2   >>

join