It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals and the rising hit and run rate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: reldra

Why are you defending the illegals that do so?

I am not defending anyone that does.

So anyone doing anything illegal should be punished.

Glad we can agree.

Only if the perp has an R by the name...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The OP is offensive and I also can;t continue this under this forum topic.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Considering the liberal DUI state I am in with a very wealthy and politically active Tavern League along with a recent speed limit hike, if a fair, official and accurate report were found it would have to include alcohol/drug consumption rates, increased traffic rates, the trend of states raising their maximum speed limits and mobile phone/texters on the road. Not to even mention the types of illegal substances used has changed.

If a report like that existed it sure would be interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

This was your quote "So why is OUR GOVERNMENT -- INCLUDING THE LEADERSHIP OF BOTH POLITICAL PARTIES so eager to bring MORE of these illiterate, uneducated, and irresponsible people to our country (and why are they ALSO *so* unwilling to deport those who break our laws, or who harm in other ways the citizens these "leaders" purport to represent)? " and you gave no link. Donlt try to change it now, you gave no link. edit on 24-9-2016 by r

It's a question and I'm going to hold you to an answer.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think instead of being cold unfeeling robots, we look at why people might be willing to do something against current laws. I think some illegal acts (like violence against others) are much worse than other illegal acts (like stealing a loaf of bread to feed one's family or escaping a 3rd world country by coming into a 1st world country undocumented).

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: shockedonlooker

Considering the liberal DUI state I am in with a very wealthy and politically active Tavern League along with a recent speed limit hike, if a fair, official and accurate report were found it would have to include alcohol/drug consumption rates, increased traffic rates, the trend of states raising their maximum speed limits and mobile phone/texters on the road. Not to even mention the types of illegal substances used has changed.

If a report like that existed it sure would be interesting.

Yeah it would, do you think it would be to much for any group to tackle?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'd still like to know if there is equality under the law.

I know the answers some won't give, because they won't give it.

Some encourage a disparity, an unequal, a biased law.

A law that would punish some, but not others.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

There is still no link. the quote is yours. I am not answering such a stupid question/quote, esecially with no link.

This weird thing "This was your quote "So why is OUR GOVERNMENT -- INCLUDING THE LEADERSHIP OF BOTH POLITICAL PARTIES so eager to bring MORE of these illiterate, uneducated, and irresponsible people to our country (and why are they ALSO *so* unwilling to deport those who break our laws, or who harm in other ways the citizens these "leaders" purport to represent)? "
edit on 24-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Hold me to answer crap with no source? You must be silly. And Kayla ...you should run from here. I am.
edit on 24-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I think instead of being cold unfeeling robots, we look at why people might be willing to do something against current laws. I think some illegal acts (like violence against others) are much worse than other illegal acts (like stealing a loaf of bread to feed one's family or escaping a 3rd world country by coming into a 1st world country undocumented).

So you do think some law breakers should be punished and some should not, based on your feelings on the subject.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The reason people are getting run over is because you drive on the wrong side of the road . Damn near got run over myself crossing the road from Disneyland back to my hotel .

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

How about this one:

Rapes by men are really bad = men are really bad = get rid of all men out to keep women safe

Make sense?

Apples and oranges, but way to bring sexism into it.

Imagine for a moment, that these people were still alive because the illegal immigrant they were hit by hadn't been here to kill them.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hit & runs seem to be a driver's initiation right here in MI or something. I'm not too far off a main stretch, people get creamed ALL. THE. TIME in the crosswalks it seems, and the H & R drivers are scary-common. And not illegals, judging by the Anglo names the news slaps up.

JinMI needs to explain to me how a car-centric state like this has such horrifically s#ty drivers. You all are seriously bad at it up here. I will be apologizing to every New Englander out there for the rest of my life for bitching about how they drove in FL. I had not yet seen a MI driver in their natural environment.

link   
People coming illegally are infringing on the sovereign rights of a nation.

What is a nation but a population of individuals defined by a border.

So anyone in favor of illegals are in favor of infringement of rights.

link   

Man, I quoted the question to be honest and let you know it wasn't my question originally.

Here's your source for cripes sakes.

a nonny mouse

The comments section!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I think some laws need to be amended.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
The reason people are getting run over is because you drive on the wrong side of the road . Damn near got run over myself crossing the road from Disneyland back to my hotel .

Australia? I'm guessing.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Laws are laws, If you don't like it go to D.C. and change it. Picking and choosing which laws to enforce or not based on emotion negates the rule of law in general and leads to anarchy.

Btw, stop appealing to peoples emotions to win an argument.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Imagine all the women who wouldn't have been raped because men weren't here to rape them.

Men are like a bowl of skittles. Imagine if a few of those skittles were poisoned. Wouldn't you just throw the whole bowl out?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Apples and oranges, but way to bring sexism into it. Imagine for a moment, that these people were still alive because the illegal immigrant they were hit by hadn't been here to kill them.

We can only imagine.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

It's funny how emotional some can get when it comes to their guns, and how some people say that they would have no problem breaking a law that affects their possession of guns.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join