It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas police sergeant files federal suit accusing Black Lives Matter [for] anti-cop violence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have very mixed feelings about this.

Dallas police sergeant files federal suit accusing Black Lives Matter leaders of inciting anti-cop violence

Sgt. Demetrick Pennie, president of the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation and a 17-year law enforcement veteran, filed the amended complaint in federal court Friday. Conservative news site Breitbart published the lawsuit in an article that evening.

I actually saw the article at Breitbart first, but the title struck me as rather click-baity, so I found another source... but I gotta say the Breitbart article is a little more informative than the Dallas Morning Star article.

Anyhoo, the plaintiff's stated grounds for suing, from Dallas Morning Star:

According to the suit, the defendants "have repeatedly incited their supporters and others to engage in threats of and attacks to cause serious bodily injury or death upon police officers and other law enforcement persons of all races and ethnicities."

The suit accuses the defendants of inciting supporters and others "to engage in threats and attacks" against law enforcement officers around the country, including the July 7 murders of five Dallas officers by Micah Johnson after a Black Lives Matter demonstration.

They're right. There has been a deliberate and coordinated effort between government officials, Black Lives Matter and other "leaders" to fan the flames and encourage violence against LEOs, if not outright encourage it. The defendants named in the complaint are:
  • Louis Farrakhan
  • Nation of Islam
  • Reverend Al Sharpton
  • Black Lives Matter
  • Opal Tometi
  • Patrisse Cullors
  • Alicia Garza
  • DeRay McKesson
  • Johnetta Elzie
  • New Black Panthers Party
  • Malik Zulu Shabazz
  • Barack Hussein Obama
  • Hillary Clinton

It's impossible not to notice that all the defendants come from one side of the political aisle, and it shouldn't be a surprise that the plaintiff is being represented by the politically conservative Larry Klayman, founder of both Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch, from the other side of the aisle; Klayman was/is quite the Birther as well, and I thought he had filed a Birther lawsuit against Obama, but I couldn't find any links with a quick search. According to Klayman:

"Sergeant Pennie and I feel duty-bound to put ourselves forward to seek an end to the incitement of violence against law enforcement which has already resulted in the death of five police officers in Dallas and the wounding of seven more, just in Texas alone," Breitbart quoted Klayman as saying in a release.

That's all well and good... as far as it goes... BLM and at least some of the others named have in fact and in deed encouraged violence against LEOs, while offering little in the way of constructive and productive dialogue about very serious issues -- much less solutions.

But not much better can be said for the other side. Too bad this Sergeant doesn't feel "duty-bound" to clean up the bad cops and rotten policing policies which have claimed too many civilian lives.... and created the fear and outrage which allowed for such hyperbole to be effective. Nor does this lawsuit make any effort to do so. No calls for better policing policies so that officers do not create volatile situations putting themselves and everyone in a dangerous position... no calls for better training to de-escalate already volatile situations... no calls for better protective equipment such as bullet proof vests... no calls for steroid testing for cops involved in shootings and excessive force complaints... no calls for protections for whistleblower cops... no calls for dash and/or body cams... But of course he does want some big bucks:

The plaintiffs hope to see an award in excess of $500 million, according to the complaint.

Yes, blue lives matter... because ALL LIVES MATTER. Understanding and respecting this very fundamental and crucial principle -- and acting accordingly!!! -- will go much farther to protect the blue lives they're so concerned about than an easy money grab benefiting only their bank accounts...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It will interesting to see how these "Defendants" respond and who the major players are who pay for the "Defense".

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It will interesting to see how these "Defendants" respond and who the major players are who pay for the "Defense".

Definitely. I'm assuming they'll first file a motion to have the charges dismissed for one reason or another... perhaps lack of standing on the part of the defendant, or perhaps limited personal liability of their corporate and/or official status.

If the case goes forward, I'm sure discovery will yield some very interesting information. But I'm not confident it will even go anywhere at this point.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Funny how the Dallas article says "... and others" instead of naming Soros, not too surprised though.

Edit:

Breitbart actually names George Soros as accused in the lawsuit.
edit on 18-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Glad too see that this cop sees the bigger picture, he knows BLM is an organized psy op.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That is easy... Soros money (donated to some group who will pay).

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420

Funny how the Dallas article says "... and others" instead of naming Soros, not too surprised though.

LOL -- yes! I caught that too

Glad too see that this cop sees the bigger picture, he knows BLM is an organized psy op.

And the attorney. I was doing a little more digging on the coordination between BLM and the DOJ and found that it was Judicial Watch who first discovered and publicized some of the coordination between the Obama admin and BLM/protests.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The plaintiffs hope to see an award in excess of $500 million, according to the complaint.

Yea well at least Soros can afford it. This will just end up thrown out at some point. But it is a good symbolic protest if nothing else.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
It's impossible not to notice that all the defendants come from one side of the political aisle

No surprise there. It's their baby.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Good!

I hope they go broke...

-Chris
edit on 18-9-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

These critters definitely deserve their fair share of the blame, but there's more than enough blame to go around -- on both sides of the aisle.

But in that sense, I find this very intriguing:

Leaked 2015 Memo Told Dems: 'Don't Offer Support' For Black Lives Matter Policy Positions

“Don’t offer support” for the “concrete policy positions” of Black Lives Matter protesters, the chief organization charged with electing Democrats to the House of Representatives warned its candidates in an internal memo leaked online on Wednesday.

The document was posted online by Guccifer 2.0, a hacker who has claimed to be responsible for the Democratic National Committee email leak. Guccifer claims the document is from the personal computer of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

Combined with the federal dollars given to protesters in Florida and Missouri, and the leaked messages that the Dept of Justice was working with the BLM to create a "summer of chaos," and so on, it seems no one wants to find any solutions -- just use it to agitate for political agendas.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Forget the spin. Here's what it really said:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Haha good.

I have lost all sympathy with the black community now.

No police should not be summarily executing people.

But the poverty, most the racism and abuse is brought on by themselves these days,
edit on 18-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thank you for posting that -- I hadn't seen it!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

About time these groups get sued. If the shoe were on the other foot you know they would be suing the heck out of the police, whites and their leadership had any of them called for war against police or any other group.

Farrakhan, has also declared war on all whites not just police.

they should make this a class action suit so some in the last couple of years can enjoy some of the benefits of this suit.
edit on 18-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

they waited filing this case they had to secure all the Online videos, and evidences of these people before the web was scrubbed/Wiped of them. ("You mean like with a rag or something?" Hillary Clinton)

This is what it take to strike back just like they do. But one liberal judge will be bought off and the end will come swiftly. If that happens then a peaceful march on Washington under the New president will be needed to get it moving again.

edit on 18-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

That is easy... Soros money (donated to some group who will pay).

Soros money will flow freely into all kinds of bats**t crazy causes until ..... he gets hit with racketeering, accessory and a wide range of other charges. Followed by extradition/rendition processes.

Lock down Soros and a lot of this NWO crap will turn into vaporware.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

they should make this a class action suit so some in the last couple of years can enjoy some of the benefits of this suit.

That's a really good idea -- I wish they would.

But one liberal judge will be bought off and the end will come swiftly.

Yeah, I expect so. Which is a crying shame. I would very much like to see what discovery would reveal about further collusion between government collusion with BLM and others, especially regarding their "Summer of Chaos."

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

But one liberal judge will be bought off and the end will come swiftly.

or a sensible human would just see this as more political point scoring and throw it out.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Classic deflection, although BLM definitely has some serious image problems.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join