It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways To Compliment Your Date

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

The statement, "Gee, Suzie, you look nice today," used to arouse giggly tingles on the playground, but as a post-pubescent suitor, your compliments better be more compliminty-fresh. Warm praise can defrost those first icy moments of early dating, as well as subtly advertise your attraction. Later, compliments are standard daily fare for keeping a relationship fresh. How do you spice it up? Allow us to share ten secrets:

1. Offer praise that's original, not stale
2. Look for cues.
3. Make it specific.
4. "That color looks great on you."
5. "Your space is so inviting/hip/splendidly decorated" or "You have great taste in ______."
6. "I love your friends."
7. "You must spend hours at the gym/yoga studio."
8. "You have the sexiest ______."
9. "Being with you is really ______. "
10. Random compliment-generator.
Source

What is your advice concerning compliments when dating?

I'm compatible with narcissistic women when it comes to compliments because my compliments sometimes go overboard. For instance, I used to tell my ex-wife she was omniscient and omnipresent. It was a joke kind of compliment, and I said it for years. She only realized I was joking when I told her.

My compliments used to frequently backfire with a recent ex-girlfriend. When she thought I was overdoing the compliments, she would get angry with me. She's a humble person.
edit on 10-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

You have a nicely shaped skull.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I like you so much I'm going to let you pay for dinner babe.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just tell em they have beautiful eyes. Eyes that you get lost in and never want to find your way back.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Shoes, compliment the shoes.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Or...instead of just skull, compliment the entire skeleton.

Genuine X-ray of a lady posing.

edit on 10-9-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Never compliment women. They will just say you're trying too hard and that's a strikeout!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Aww, not all women!

If a woman makes the effort to look especially nice for you or the occasion then I'm sure that quite a few would love to hear that you noticed.

As for the article quoted in the OP, #s 6, 7, & 8 are odd, to me.

Seems as if those three would be a little off putting on a date with someone I didn't know well yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I've been married so long, I don't know dating anymore. But flowers. I still surprise my wife with flowers. Women do like getting flowers.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Good grief, if there is something you admire/like about your date, tell her. If there isn't don't read from some premade script. It's fake. Flattery will get you something, I guess, with some females, but with some all it gets you is "well, isn't he sad". Even those gullible enough to fall for the fake flattery will tire of it soon enough. They know it's fake.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've been married so long, I don't know dating anymore. But flowers. I still surprise my wife with flowers. Women do like getting flowers.

This is true. Flowers are happiness in a vase.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I always say.....

Wow, you don't smell like a goat anymore.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Forget compliments. What we really need are cheesy pickup lines.

Here's one I've been trying out:

Hey did you know I'm like a Muppet Baby? I can make your dreams come true!

(bonus points if you even know that lyric.)

edit on 10-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Compliments. Bwaahahahaha!!!

"If you love your lady then here's some good advice
If you want her to stay with you then don't go treating her nice
If you buy her flowers she'll drop you twice as fast
So do what Steel Panther does and stick it right in her ...."

Just kidding. My advice is that if youre going to compliment her it better not be generic. It must be specific to her. And it must require some thought to compile.itOh and always deliver a compliment with no strings attached. Its better to simpky say "love the colors!" with a big smile and then immeduatly move on than to sit there expectantly as if the bcompliment was supposed to buy you something or elicit a response. Often when they blush giggle and not say a whole lot that is the best response. Give your compliment and let it go.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Though this isn't a compliment per see but it works. When talking to your date and assuming you are interested and they appear to be as well start by beginning to tell them a secret or something profound but then before you finish stop and say nevermind and totally change the subject. This will drive them crazy and they will try like hell to pull it out of you. Blow it off and keep changing the subject. Eventually give in but not too fast.

EI "you know I really that you are..pause...nevermind what where you thinking about for dinner?

We all have a hard wired need to have a conversation go through to completion and when you do this it will engage her interest and curiosity.

Eventually if she keeps on you about just state that "it was no big deal I just really like your sense of humor"

I know it sounds corny and perhaps is a little of PUA ploy but it works if done right! Ask my girlfriend!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Well, if that doesn't work (and I personally can't imagine why it wouldn't) you could always just club her over the head and drag her to your cave.

I'm pretty sure that is what the Mason does!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I already asked Mr. Augustus for dating advice. He charges 8 dollars per PM reply.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Compliment her on her hair or perfume. We all know how long it takes for women to do their hair...they go in great lengths to get it just right...so notice it. Weird but this compliment works

Side note: If you were going to compliment her skull...the focus needs to be on the details. Tell her that her jaw line is amazing and that she probably could tear a steak apart really good with it

edit on 10-9-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join