It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Morning Hermine..let the storm rage on...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
So it 4:30 or so AM .I haven't been to sleep yet. We were out earlier with our friends singing karaoke and drinking tequila. Yah.
Now I'm listening to the sound of tropical storm Hermine as she races northward towards new England.
I've experienced lots of hurricanes where I am. In the early nineties there were sometimes two in one summer. There are cycles of pumped up activity. It's been quieter since the turn of the century.
This one sounds like a typical tree cleaner. Just enough wind to shake the dead branches out of the trees but not much more. The rain sounds fat and heavy but it's not crashing.
It's been very dry here, we can use ithe rain as long as it doesn't run right off. The soil was dry five inches down in parts of my yard yesterday.
I'm right on the shore at the mouth of the Chesapeake bay. Hermines center is still south of me and may pull away from the shore from the radar direction with the center never passing. She's not moving too fast Ill say that. The wind is at 30 with 40 MPH gusts. I've heard a few that sounded like they meant business. A nasty squall just past.

edit on 932016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So anyone up up who has questions about the storm?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
There's another squall now. Wind is loud rain it steady but still not too hard.
We had a new roof put on in July. This is it's test.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
From the radar the center is right over the outer banks now which puts it about 70 miles south east of me. I don't know it's forward speed.
We also had three very old very large trees removed in June. I worried every time a storm went through. So I'm glad they are gone .

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Nice hurricane observations from the past. "Tree cleaners", fat and heavy rain but not crashing. That can only come from experience.

What do the worst kind sound like?

I'm interested because out here we don't know from bad weather. I can tell you all day what earthquakes sound like, but never experienced hurricane or tornados directly.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I will check back later . Now I just want to snuggle down and listen to the storm.
Weird there no thunder...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Did...did you just carry out a conversation with yourself Silly?

Intrptr:

Speaking on tornadoes, they usually come on pretty quick and are a blast to watch...from safety of course!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
We lost a few trees in this one.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

My worst is not the worst they can get. Rain that comes down like water from a tub faucet. Not the shower the faucet. The wind howls and the sound of cracking tree limbs snapping off. I hear stuff crashing around outside now. There's a ladder on the front porch I think it was that. The worst is like Andrew. Whole villages destroyed. Roofs gone walls gone. I've never experienced anything like that but I've gotten scared badly. I hope never to experience anything like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Oh sorry. House is ok? Are you in Florida?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

At 4AM I was kind of narrating. Anyone who was up was welcome. But then I fell asleep.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yup I was awake throuught the night cause of that stupid storm.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Earthquakes are pretty bad (the ground moves) things crash and break, but its over pretty quick. Hurricanes go for hours. Thats scary.

Thanks, I'll take the west coast. Here there is no deluge rain, snow, lightning, tornados, hurricanes, golf ball friggin' hail, etc. Sunny, warm and balm, three hundred days a year.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"Tree cleaners" are worrisome here altho thankfully far & few between.

Glad Hermione didn't keep strengthening as it raged northward! It's going to ruin the holiday weekend for those on the coast, but we really dodged a bullet.

Thanks for the live updates!!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

It's still hanging on. Less rain now and wind is down but we're still getting gusts. One was near 60 this morning The sky is yellow in a tropical storm.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yes true. I don't do well in the desert. my skin feels weird after three days out there.

As long as they're under cat three I don't mind the hurricanes. It's kind of interesting. I live 800 feet from a tidal river. I've watched it creep to my property line. . So far in 25 years it's never reached us. Knock knock.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Are you in Hampton Roads?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Yes. Hampton Virginia as a matter of fact.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Me too...

between 2 major cities

I have to be cryptic because its TMI

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes true. I don't do well in the desert. my skin feels weird after three days out there.

As long as they're under cat three I don't mind the hurricanes. It's kind of interesting. I live 800 feet from a tidal river. I've watched it creep to my property line. . So far in 25 years it's never reached us. Knock knock.

You live in a flood plain? (inserts eye roll emoticon). I don;t live in a desert by the way.

I love storms, too. We used to get them around here. Best I ever saw was one week I spent in Boulder Colorado.

I spent 97' El Nino winter living outdoors. That was interesting. Rained every day for three straight months.

<<   2 >>

join