It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 90 Homicides, August Was Chicago’s Bloodiest Month In 20 Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Chicago is having a banner year so far with shootings and murders.

Looks like August set a 20 year record.

The police claim to know 1400 individuals (repeat gun offenders) that are responsible for most of the gun shootings !!

Hmmm

With 90 Homicides, August Was Chicago’s Bloodiest Month In 20 Years

A 24-year-old man was killed and a 23-year-old man was grazed by a bullet in a shooting in the West Lawn neighborhood late Wednesday night, capping off the most violent month in Chicago in 20 years.

Chicago police said there were 90 homicides in August, and a total of 472 people shot in 384 separate attacks. The city has not had that many murders in one month since August 1996.

As he has several times before, Police Supt. Eddie Johnson said a relatively small group of repeat gun criminals are responsible for the the vast majority of gun violence in Chicago. The department maintains a watchlist of sorts, called the “strategic subject list,” which relies on an algorithm to try to predict who is most likely to be involved in a shooting – either as the shooter or victim – by analyzing data such as gang affiliations, criminal records, past shootings, and previous contact with police.

The Jackass website with frequent updates

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Shhhhhh Xuen

Repeat after me: Clinton, Trump, Elections, SJW, Alt-Right, Immigration, BLM, Football, Flag, Freedom, Communism, Nazi, Donald, Hillary, E-mails, Congress, Wikileaks, RNC, DNC, Illegal

Now repeat and enjoy the program.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Shhhhhh Xuen

Repeat after me: Clinton, Trump, Elections, SJW, Alt-Right, Immigration, BLM, Football, Flag, Freedom, Communism, Nazi, Donald, Hillary, E-mails, Congress, Wikileaks, RNC, DNC, Illegal

Now repeat and enjoy the program.

I will now go back into my usual state of hypnotic trance.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You're forgetting the return of Boris and Natasha.
edit on 9/1/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And the majority will still vote for the same people and party that has created this untenable situation.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The police claim to know 1400 individuals (repeat gun offenders) that are responsible for most of the gun shootings !!

No problem. Our military takes down whole nations. Whats 1400 gang bangers in one city?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They won't bring out the military.

Then it would be apparent that certain political policies failed.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Proactive policing is what got the numbers down in Chicago and every other city. Unfortunately, allowing the police to do their jobs as trained, effectively, would be completely non PC.

As far as the 1400 known offenders, hey wait a minute, that is profiling! Blah. Nothing will change until two things happen. One, the police policing these areas hard and fast, and two, the most important, is that the people in these communities need to straighten their act up, and help the authorities instead of keeping their mouth shut.

I think I read that around 75% of murders go unsolved, as police rely heavily on witnesses to solve most of these crimes.
No amount of money or freebies will fix it. Blaming cops and White people sure as heck wont fix it, I think this is an issue that will only get worse. And not just for them, but for everyone. I hope I am wrong but the way we are headed is not good, especially if the harpy pantsuit gets in office.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And the majority will still vote for the same people and party that has created this untenable situation.

In Chicago, voting for the ruling Party is generational.

In fact, people from 4 generations ago still vote !!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Where the hell is the Mandela Effect!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

If it continues to be ignored because of the reasons you stated it surely will get worse. No amount of media spin will be able to contain the fallout.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

It sounds like Chicago is the Benghazi US Consulate of America - an absolute clusterflux.

Hmmm, whats the common denominator?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

My apologies, I may have put myself into a trance typing that out and forgot a few dozen other seemingly more important topics.

Kids dead in the streets apparently isn't high on the priority list.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: ksiezyc

My apologies, I may have put myself into a trance typing that out and forgot a few dozen other seemingly more important topics.

Kids dead in the streets apparently isn't high on the priority list.

It just depends on who does the killing.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Clearly not. Don't you know, we aren't supposed to be thinking about vital issues.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

GuNzzzZZ zzZZ

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was actually just reading this on CNN. Something like 90 people got shot last week.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

What? Are you telling me that a gun-free zone isn't safe? How can that be? Obama says that if we get rid of guns everybody will live perfect lives in Cotton Candy Land. Surely Chicago is mistaken. It can't be!
I rest my case as far as gun free zones go. The only people who get messed with are the ones who cannot defend themselves.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
They should have laws against murder there, it's getting out of hand.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Is it a coincidence that Democrats run the most violent cities in America? Serious question.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join