It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Clowns Have Return...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Ah my fellow ATSer's i started a thread back in 2011 reporting these sproadic Phantom Clown sightings. I will cut and paste and cite from my original thread from 2011 as well as citing the current breakout.www.abovetopsecret.com... "I read an article and i am not sure if a thread has been started on this already. I find this facinating on so many levels. I will post an excerpt from the article and of course some extrapolations of my own and would like to hear from anyone if they have heard of any recent outbreaks. Also keep in mind the last outbreak occurred in 2008.
They have returned.

In Mysterious America, I detailed the national wave of shadowy 1981 sightings of clowns in vans, trying to kidnap children, from Boston to Kansas City.

The encounters began in May of 1981, in Boston, Brookline, and other Massachusetts communities. By the end of the month, the local newspapers in Kansas City were publishing warnings about "Killer Clowns" said to be after children at bus stops there.

During an era before emails and the Internet, I was able to discover, via my network of correspondents, that a rash of local news articles were appearing across the USA, describing similar abduction scenarios. Although the national newspapers and wire services were totally unaware of the widespread nature of such accounts, the stories were remarkably alike. I called them the "Phantom Clowns."

Repeats of almost identical Phantom Clown encounters have been recorded since 1981. The latest one is now developing in Illinois.

The reports coming from Chicago have even been tied to a Wicker Park, which has a symbolic name linked to New York City's Son of Sam killings of 1976-1977. In letters to the media, the serial killer signed himself as "The Wicked King Wicker" and allegedly shoot a Wicker Street German shepherd.

In the October 2008 incidents, a man wearing clown make-up and a wig is using balloons in an attempt to lure children into his vehicle on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois. Police issued an alert about a week after a man with a similar description was spotted on the West Side.

The near abductions were reported in the 8300 block of South Mackinaw and the 10000 block of South Normal, according to a community alert by Calumet Area detectives.

The man, who wears clown make-up and a wig, approached children with balloons attempting to lure them into his vehicle, but the children ran and called 911, the alert said.

The man, who wears a clown mask or white face paint with teardrops on the cheek, has approached children walking to and from school, police said. Witnesses told police he was seen driving a white or brown van with the windows broken out.

The attempted kidnapping/child abduction occurred on October 7, 2008, at 5:55 p.m. and October 10, 2008, at 8:55 a.m.

Police on Sunday morning, October 12th, said the sightings have not been concentrated to one specific area and there have been multiple sightings of clowns across the city, according to a Harrison Area Special Victims Unit detective.

One suspect was seen on foot in the Garfield Park neighborhood and near Beidler Elementary School, 3151 W. Walnut St., and Polaris Charter Academy, 620 N. Sawyer Avenue.

Dressed in a multi-colored clown suit with a mask or white face paint, a red nose and a teardrop on his cheek, the man escaped in a van after the failed attempts.

Police elaborated that there have been multiple sightings of clowns across the city, including one sighting in Wicker Park, but there has been no hard evidence leading to a suspect. No arrests have been made.

(Thanks to Christopher Balzano and Richard D. Hendricks for their news tips on the developing Chicago story.)
I find it interesting that two of the incidents occurred at exactly 5 minutes before the top of the hour,anyone have any insight into that?" The current breakout happens in South Carolina with multiple reports suggesting that it isn't a hoax or mass hysteria www.telegraph.co.uk... Any insight or theories?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: zeroeffect

sorry but this has been posted a few times in the past couple days

thread 1

thread 2
edit on 1-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Two threads already started yesterday.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

That's some great research you did with the Chicago clown incidents. I'd never heard about this.

Regarding the timing at five minutes before the hour, could that relate to the times schools let out for the day?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The obvious and practical answer is local satanists or radical refugees, trying to access kids for their, or even the elite such as city council and cops and lawyers and the local smug satanic groups doing this.

Those guys love the scarey clown and its a symbol for their murder, ritual, child abuse, torture. The Joker.

Mention clowns and its either satanists/saturnists/ ie most of the elite in your town become suspects, OR its someone trying to abuse kids. There is nothing phantom about it.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yes, but neither of the previous threads linked the current incident with similar incidents in the past. I'd never heard of those. Creepy stuff.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

i wonder if this has any connection to the other clown sighting that dont involve kids, just creepin.

the story is number 9 at 1:04/6:25
edit on 1-9-2016 by DocScurlock1774 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm thinking it's just a few people trying to freak people out. Could be the :trying to lure children" thing is an overreaction to creepy clowns

WOuld someone sincerely interested in luring children dress like a clown and call that much attention to themselves? Doubtful

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

But yet i reposted my findings from 5 years ago on top the current sighting...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

When I saw the article about these guys in S.C., that was my first thought as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I've lurked on ATS forever, but I'm fascinated with clown sightings so I had to join to add my 2 cents...

Clearly, a lot of these creepy clowns are rather cruel pranks aimed at frightening people and feeding into an urban folklore. Predatory pedophilia is obviously a concern, especially the ones who are alleged to have approached children, but as another poster pointed out, it seems counterproductive to draw attention to oneself if the goal is to snatch a child for nefarious purposes. BUT I do think that there is a paranormal aspect to some creepy clown reports. I'm pretty sure I saw a clown entity a while back, and while I just chalked it up to one of those random spirit encounters at the time, reading about the encounters of other people makes me wonder if there is a kind of wider mythology at work here.

Okay, so I'm sensitive to ghosts and entities (not psychic, but certainly sensitive) and I woke up one night a few years back with an accute awareness that there was a tall, rather menacing clown standing in the room and watching my children sleep (my two children had gotten up in the night and were in my bed). I couldn't see it with my eyes, but I could 'see' it with my inner eye if you understand. I wasn't afraid, but it was unnerving because it didn't leave quickly like most paranormal entities do when disturbed - it stayed for a long time, at least a couple of hours, just standing there and staring at my children. Now spirits are often interested in children, and this wasn't the first time that I'd found one watching them, but this was the first (and hopefully only) time that I ever saw an unpleasant entity showing that kind of interest. I did a little guarding and told it to clear off, but I woke up at the same time the following night and found it back, so I had to clear the room thoroughly and put up some psychic barriers, and it never came back after that. I saw it as a kind of entity that I think of as a 'hungry ghost', that is a spirit that longs to possess something in the physical realm that it cannot access. I don't think that it was literally a clown, but it's interesting that my brain 'saw' it as a clown. I'm not scared of clowns, and I'd never heard about the creepy clown sightings until this year, so why would I see it as a clown? It's very strange.

Anyway, I dont think that these paranormal spirit clowns can account for all of the sightings - most are obviously human, either pranksters or predators - but I've been interested by how widespread the phenomena of clown entities seems to be. The entity I saw was pretty powerless, but in different circumstances I wonder if it could pose a threat to someone in the physical world.

Has anyone else ever seen a clown that was definitely paranormal in nature, as opposed to human? I'm interested in what their motivations are.

edit on 2-9-2016 by BrightEyes85 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join