It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots and kills 73 year old grandmother during police shoot/dont shoot demonstration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
but what if his friends find the key?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
its negligence for sure, but you cant blame all of them, it was a accident that could have been avoided easily, they make sleeves that go in a revolver so you can not load live rounds, only blanks, you guys in the top of the replies are missing a lot of the facts.. and the OP is not 100% accurate either..

Can you expand on the missing facts and why the OP isn't 100% accurate?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
How in the hell dis this moron make this mistake? Cops are supposed to be extremely observant. Its part of the job details. He shouldn't of even had live ammo on him. This is beyond a stupid mistake. How did this idiot even have this job? This is completely insane. I didn't see is this scumbag being held responsible in any way? Is he even remorseful?
edit on 12-8-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

this guy was involved in another controversial incident with his K-9 mauling some guy a few months ago...

[url]http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/lee-coel-mary-knowlton-officer-dog-mauling-video-watch-police-academy-punta-gorda-florida-shot-citizen-killed/[/url ]

Scum of the planet.. power hungry, self-righteous A-hole. Makes the good cops look bad, what a sad state of affairs

The woman apparently participated in the event to "support law enforcement". Tragic beyond words

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
why should I have to? you people should have been more discerning.. look it up yourself.. and I would have to suggest a decent source. not ats..................................

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What are those 4 Rules of gun safety again ?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian
If thats how it happened, I understand how easy it would be to do. Most magazine carriers are side by side on the belt.

Live rounds, right next to blanks; he goes to demonstrate, gets involved in the talk, pulls his weapon (talking now) grabs for a magazine, loads it, releases the slide, and triple fires in rapid succession.

The quickness and professionalism he displayed with that rapid action puffed his ego with pride, until he began to feel the recoil, too late.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeroenske
What are those 4 Rules of gun safety again ?

Theres two. A gun is always loaded and never point it at anything you aren't willing to destroy.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Why is there the need to use blanks for this event.. Does it show an underlying issue of a thrill from the sound of gunshots. Feeling of power.

This shooting is beyond belief. Well, maybe not anymore.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I remember the other two being; Always be sure of your target and what is behind it. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

why should I have to?

Because this is a discussion forum, where people share information with each other and deny ignorance, not post and run.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Fine, I'll be that guy again... this sounds like sabotage to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Can you imagine if this poor woman and child had been black?

Then this actual instance of improper use of deadly force really would have "mattered" and received the media attention it deserves.
edit on 12-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
If thats how it happened, I understand how easy it would be to do. Most magazine carriers are side by side on the belt.

Live rounds, right next to blanks; he goes to demonstrate, gets involved in the talk, pulls his weapon (talking now) grabs for a magazine, loads it, releases the slide, and triple fires in rapid succession.

The quickness and professionalism he displayed with that rapid action puffed his ego with pride, until he began to feel the recoil, too late.

Cops keep fake bullets right next to live bullets? Really???? Whatever for? If it was 'demo day' then all live ammo should have been completely off site.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
well to bad, its almost time to go, and I don't care for sh** like this on my personal time, so im posting a running,
have a wonderful weekend tho! bye now

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeroenske
a reply to: intrptr

I remember the other two being; Always be sure of your target and what is behind it. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.

Theres three more...

practice, practice, practice.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

Okay then. I'll just dismiss your claims as false. You have a nice too!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

originally posted by: intrptr

Cops keep fake bullets right next to live bullets? Really???? Whatever for? If it was 'demo day' then all live ammo should have been completely off site.

I was conjecturing how a such a stupid thing could happen, of course.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
well to bad, its almost time to go, and I don't care for sh** like this on my personal time, so im posting a running,
have a wonderful weekend tho! bye now

I'm sorry, but did your shift as paid shill just come to an end or something???
sorry, but that is how you made it sound..

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

This happened years ago to an actor (Brandon Lee) with a stunt gun improperly loaded...

Funny you should say that. The running conspiracy theory is that the Chinese mafia infiltrated the set and 'tampered' with the stunt gun. What ended up actually happening was the blank shell got lodged in his chest. He died on the way to the hospital.

It was confirmed that the prop manager wasn't on the set that day, and that someone else was responsible for loading the stunt gun.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join