It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancypants College In Cleveland Offers SAFE SPACE For Students Traumatized By Republican Convention

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It's served me well for 40 years, no need to fix what isn't broken. Completely off topic, but I'm in society only because it presently serves me to be there. There isn't any part of it I'm particularly beholden to nor overly enamored with, which essentially means "yeah, this man can be an island." The trouble here is that you're refusing to recognize that the history of mankind has been filled with islands, many unsung but fantastically successful in whatever was important to them. Society needs people to think your way, so the degrade these people with criticisms like "reclusive," "eccentric, " or plain old "wierdo" because the system can't tolerate anyone going rogue and being seen as successful in absence of societal shackles. Yet history is full of people like Howard Hughes, Harper Lee, Hiroo Onoda, Rich Proennke, and countless religious solitude seekers from Christianity, Hinduism, and the Eastern faiths who were absolutely islands that bucked society's fascination with manipulated group think.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

No, this convention was all about my preferred political candidate, and he'd have benefitted tremendously had this been an exercise in altruistic generosity... yet you'll not find me calling for support of that nonsense. If you're in society, actions that don't make dollars just don't make sense.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

My friend Tommy the Jewler is probably puking up his bourbon and burning his degree in fluid dynamics lol. What a bunch of lily livered, nanny pantsed, cry babies. Go home to momma wimps.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No, this convention was all about my preferred political candidate, and he'd have benefitted tremendously had this been an exercise in altruistic generosity... yet you'll not find me calling for support of that nonsense. If you're in society, actions that don't make dollars just don't make sense.

Please give me a detailed explanation on what you think is happening in this scenario that is warranting of the arm-flailing coming from the lot of you.

The reaction to this benign story is shockingly juvenile.
edit on 21-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: seeker1963

I hope future employers are making note of these colleges. Who in the hell in their right mind would hire someone with that weak of a mind is beyond me.

Wow, just WOW!

when you privatize education, this is what happens...couple this college with the religious colleges and you get dumbed down students

I disagree - what better way to get an education than having it beaten into you by a nun with a yardstick
the public schools are where "anything (nothing) goes"

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

What exactly is so traumatic about simply knowing a convention is in the same city that you need a panic room in the basement if you are in the same city?

I'm sorry but it's like reports of college co-eds who call 911 because they see a mouse in their apartment.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I can't wait for Trump to win (or any Republican candidate in years after). The whiny college generation is going to have a fit and I'm going to need so much popcorn....

This fake drama, fake "triggering" bs, fake everything...It's disgusting. I'm not saying I'm some all-American quarterback stud, but I'd like to think I'm pretty manly, and stand pretty tall, and these boys who think they're men have got a lot to learn about what being a man is.

Oh. Oops. That was sexist.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

There's quite the police presence in Cleveland this week. How come? Why so many cops do you think?

Part of that presence is bunking on this campus - and you have to wonder where else

After everything we just had happen in this country - and going further back to the riots in 1968, Kent State - none of this seems unreasonable to me

I know some people like to create their safe spaces differently - open carry and all. That's a SJW/snowflake of a different color

The college is being proactive

Thank freaking god

edit on 7/21/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What exactly is so traumatic about simply knowing a convention is in the same city that you need a panic room in the basement if you are in the same city?

So you read the title.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I can see that this college is preparing their students to gainfully participate in society.

Of course any place they work will have to offer safe space in case they ever encounter anything in the work place that may shock them

Heaven forbid that they ever have to work for a Republican.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

I can see that this college is preparing their students to gainfully participate in society.

Of course any place they work will have to offer safe space in case they ever encounter anything in the work place that may shock them

Yeah. Like studying without distraction isn't important.

Heaven forbid that they ever have to work for a Republican.

A sure way to never get ahead. I hope they teach them that.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I hope future employers are making note of these colleges. Who in the hell in their right mind would hire someone with that weak of a mind is beyond me.

Wow, just WOW!

Don't worry, it's been my experience they don't like showing up for work. They seem to root themselves out of the work force. But burger flippers will soon get a living wage. It's all good.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

They are more worried about a week of convention than the normal day to day crime. Seems the uncivil protesters are more of a problem. Unless you cancel classes so the students can go protest?
edit on 21-7-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I remember getting lectured in college about work interfering with my academics. Even more so when a group of working students couldn't get their work schedules to synchronize to meet for a group project. But everything stops because the GOP is in town?
edit on 21-7-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
In the 40s 18 to 20 year olds were storming the beaches of Normandy, now days they get offended by ideas and need safe spaces.

Don't forget Vietnam, they were young, my husband right out of high school

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

edit on 21-7-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

originally posted by: ketsuko

So you read the title.

Look, if they're scared of protesters, so what?

My own city was one of three finalists to host this convention. I have to drive clear across town to get to my job. Somehow, no matter how traumatic things might have gotten here ... I doubt my employer would have been offering me safe spaces or been very understanding about my need to find a panic room just because someone had the Plaza screwed up.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My bet is that this is a non-issue and a bunch of right wingers are just circle jerking each other because Xuen found another click bait article on the Daily Caller to post and laugh at all while not attempting to fully understand the situation they are berating. That's my guess at least. Your mileage may vary.

Being left or right has nothing to do with it. This culture of hyper-sensitive, super offended, politically correct authoritarianism is pissing off rational people on both the left and the right.

Don't think for one second that leftists like Kropotkin or Bakunin would have supported this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
These are the candy-asses our country's future is riding on? When you think they have reached the pinnacle of stupidity Dems surprise the hell out of you by raising the bar.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Seems like it is in case Violence/Guns erupted. You know, Ohio's open carry and the Republicans love for the NRA, so it make sense to me.

At $60,304 per year, it would make me think they have a lot of potential future Republicans in the making.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join