It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MN COPS Cigarette Tax Stamps Tie Gangbanger Philando Castile To Convenience Store Robbery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

You are wrong. Those numbers are to identify the distributors.

I'm afraid I need this spelled out for me... Are you saying that each and every store that sells cigs has its own specific tax stamp #, and that each and every pack sold by that specific store has that specific tax stamp # ?

Am I understanding right?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: TinfoilTP

This is a speculative forum.

No, that's Skunk Works. This, at best, is a speculative 'article'.

Posse Comitatus as laid out by SO:

1) The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA
2) The militarization of police in the United States and around the world
3) The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions
4) Conspiracies surrounding the war on drugs in the United States and the legalization of marijuana and its medically-proven benefits.
5) The US (and international) drug laws that impose disproportionate penalties
6) The incarceration society in the US and the overcrowded prisons and policies that keep them that way

Yes, and we speculate about those here in this forum.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This article has enough holes to drive a Mack truck through... but I won't blame the messenger -- you

It sure isn't any worse than one of the sources I used recently! And like you, I included lots of qualifers for all the obvious reasons.

What I will say is that there is absolutely nothing in the article (or elsewhere that I know of) to substantiate the many allegations herein. However, it wouldn't be the first time a story was planted by LE sources during the investigation phase to bolster the eventual official story.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A change in situational context like this matters a great deal when evidence starts cropping up. If the cop was puling them over for matching an APB description, the tail light excuse is obviously just a pacification at that point to not tip a suspect off (happens a lot, I'm sure our resident current/former cops can explain this for you)

Having a gun out while a cop is investigating a possible link between you & a robbery (or any crime, period) is just stupid. Got pulled over? Gun still out? Quickly stow it & then let them know it's in here in a console/glovebox/under the seat instead of your lap. Otherwise, congrats on any resulting Darwin award (doesn't absolve the cop's trigger finger, or his GF of hamming it up for social media while he's moaning & dying next to her, though)

BTW, TinfoilTP, you got some stars from me for common sense for once. People, step back a moment. This liberal has begun the unthinkable -- starring TinfoilTP. You know you need to back it up considerably when libs see a hardline right winger making more sense.
edit on 7/12/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
deep down, a lot of people are hoping the victim was a monster who gangbanged, and hated cops

deep down a lot of people are hoping he wasnt the one in the robbery and the officer is a monster who was impartial to blacks, or was an incompetent LEO.

deep down, im wishing i was born in a different era.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Which era of less civil rights would you have liked to have been born in? Every era had less, did you even realize what you just said?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Does it matter about the history of the claimed offender
The cop shot him dead before he knew the history of the victim, if he was a criminal, gangbanger, innocent
Innocent, guilty, he was dead without being given any opportunity to defend himself
Judge Dredd like

Isn't that the point, being shot dead before given the opportunity to prove anything

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Which era of less civil rights would you have liked to have been born in? Every era had less, did you even realize what you just said?

why are you trying to complicate such a simple comment in that way...
I realize what I said.

a different one. maybe one which isn't here yet, or
one one long long ago....

I know you made a lot of assumptions without thinking and then just replied in arrogance from what ever ideas or interpretation that came in your head... is that remotely accurate?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

deep down, a lot of people are hoping the victim was a monster who gangbanged, and hated cops

deep down a lot of people are hoping he wasnt the one in the robbery and the officer is a monster who was impartial to blacks, or was an incompetent LEO.

Deep down people have seen a cop shoot a man in a car dead for no apparent reason
Deep down people are thinking that, that could happen to them
Deep down people are offended a stupid cop just took a mans life in front of his family
Deep down people want to understand how and why this can happen

Deep down others have seen an act of war and are readying for retaliation
The hate towards cops is palpable
There are no civil rights, if you don't submit to the machine when they demand it, they will just kill you, trained to now

This is not a black thing, this will spill over into white community's soon, the old redneck with a gun will be targeted next

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The source you cite is highly suspect. The source is run by Charles Johnson:

Charles "Chuck" C. Johnson (born 1988)[1] is an independent American journalist and owner of the website GotNews.com.Johnson has been a controversial figure throughout his career. He is frequently described as an internet troll and accused of unethical and false journalism. Johnson denies these claims, and describes himself as a "Champion of Truth.

Johnson has been involved in many controversies throughout his career.

Bob Menendez

Johnson was involved in the creation of a Daily Caller story that accused U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) of soliciting underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic. A criminal investigation of the case found no evidence, and the women making the allegations later admitted they had been paid by a local lawyer to make the claims.

In August 2015, a judge declined requests from Menendez' lawyers to dismiss the charges, and the investigation was ongoing.

Cory Booker

On October 14, 2013, Johnson published an article on The Daily Caller claiming that Newark mayor and senatorial candidate Cory Booker never lived in Newark, citing neighbors of Booker's alleged address as evidence.[13] Booker's campaign provided a reporter from Buzzfeed with rental checks and other documents for the address going back several years, and Booker's communication director dismissed Johnson's allegations as "laughable". According to Booker's campaign he lived there from late 2006 to shortly before he was elected Senator in 2013. Johnson stands by his reporting, claiming that Booker may well have paid rent but did not live in Newark.

David D. Kirkpatrick

In January 2014, Johnson published an article reporting that New York Times reporter David D. Kirkpatrick was arrested for exhibitionism and posing for Playgirl. Johnson's source for the Playgirl claim was a January 22, 1990, article in The Daily Princetonian, which was later revealed to be satirical. Johnson apologized to Kirkpatrick.

2014 Mississippi Republican primary election

On June 30, 2014, Johnson published a story on GotNews accusing Mississippi senator Thad Cochran of bribing African-Americans to vote for him in the Mississippi Senate Republican primary. The story came days after Cochran had defeated Tea Party challenger Chris McDaniel in a run-off election. Johnson claimed that a Black pastor named Stevie Fielder had told him he was paid by Cochran's campaign to bribe Black Democrats into voting for Cochran. Johnson paid the pastor for his statements, a controversial practice sometimes known as "checkbook journalism". Fielder later partially recanted his story, saying that he had been speaking hypothetically, that he had turned down the offer, and that Johnson's recording of his interview had been selectively edited, a claim Johnson denies.

During the election, Johnson also accused the Cochran campaign of being responsible for Mississippi Tea Party leader Mark Mayfield's suicide and encouraged his Twitter followers to flood a Cochran campaign conference call.

Ferguson

During the Ferguson unrest, Johnson published the Instagram account of shooting victim Michael Brown and stated that the account "shows a violent streak that may help explain what led to a violent confrontation with Police officer Darren Wilson". Johnson also filed a lawsuit to have Brown's juvenile records released. In Brown's home state of Missouri, the records of minors are private, but Johnson argued that the matter was of pressing public interest under the state's sunshine law. The county court disagreed.[22] Further appeal attempts by Johnson to unseal the records went as far as the State Supreme Court of Missouri, which denied his request.

In a separate incident during the unrest, Johnson published the addresses of two New York Times reporters, claiming that they published the addresses information of Darren Wilson. The New York Times has said the reporters only revealed the street on which Wilson once lived.

University of Virginia rape case

In December 2014, Rolling Stone columnist Sabrina Erdely published an article entitled "A Rape on Campus" about the alleged gang rape of a University of Virginia (UVA) student named "Jackie" in 2012 at the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity house at UVA. The article was later found to be fabricated. Johnson publicly identified Jackie.

Banning from Twitter

On May 24, 2015, Johnson sent a tweet asking his followers for donations to help him "take out" Black Lives Matter activist Deray McKesson. McKesson shared the tweet and took the tweet as a threat. Johnson was permanently banned from Twitter after several users reported him for harassment.

Gawker lawsuit

In June 2015, Johnson sued Gawker for defamation in Missouri for $66 million, and filed a similar suit in California in December.In January 2016, the Missouri suit was dismissed.

wiki

edit on 13-7-2016 by olbe66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am in Florida so I understand a different state but would imagine all states do similar. And after looking at two different packs sold at the same store I see two totally different stamp numbers, fwiw. Perhaps someone in that state could take a trip to the store and snap a pic?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Character assassination using blatant and admitted speculation? This is a new low for you, xuen.
edit on 13-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Gang banger Philando Castile with his homie.

How does any rational human being not see this as an obvious slanted and racist article?

I wonder if Philando would be called a gang banger or his friend a ' homie' if he was white.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join