It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear SJW's, what are your ACTUAL goals now that everyone has equal rights?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
What's a SJW?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

The best explanation you could ever get:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No, we still dont have equal rights. Everybody is still being oppressed and discriminated in some way or the other.

- Plus sized women havent graced the cover of playboy yet. They're looked upon as unsexy and unhealthy.

- Transgender women are still seen as guys in drags. Straight guys prefer to date natural born girls instead of transgenders.

- A gay man hasnt played the role of James Bond or that of any other male sex symbol.

I could go on but I'll stop here.

There is still a lot of work to be done.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: secretboss

Straight guys prefer to date natural born girls instead of transgenders.
lmao
edit on 12-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
whoops, didnt mean to post, just editing a portion from an upcoming EPIC piece
edit on 12-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

No, we still dont have equal rights. Everybody is still being oppressed and discriminated in some way or the other.

- Plus sized women havent graced the cover of playboy yet. They're looked upon as unsexy and unhealthy.

- Transgender women are still seen as guys in drags. Straight guys prefer to date natural born girls instead of transgenders.

- A gay man hasnt played the role of James Bond or that of any other male sex symbol.

Is being over-weight healthy?

News flash: Playboy is done even doing nudie photo's:
money.cnn.com...
I'd bet it's SJW mania behind that decision.

Why WOULDN'T a straight guy prefer ACTUAL females over men who "think" they are?

But gays are in every TV show basically now, despite only being only 4% of the actual population.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

ther male sex symbol.

Why WOULDN'T a straight guy prefer ACTUAL females over men who "think" they are?

Because genitalia doesnt determine gender. A transgender woman is as much an "actual female" as a natural born female.

What you asked is simply bigoted against transgenders. I bet Omar Mateen also asked such questions.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

ther male sex symbol.

Because genitalia doesnt determine gender.
Yeah it does, don't believe everything u read on the Internet

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Maybe if their was actual equal rights but it hasn't happened yet so well continue to fight for our rights.

this is a bait thread anyway designed to cause troulble, not a genuine question anyway

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Because genitalia doesnt determine gender. A transgender woman is as much an "actual female" as a natural born female.

What you asked is simply bigoted against transgenders. I bet Omar Mateen also asked such questions.

Genitalia is exactly how to determine gender. Just because someone FEELS like they're something else, doesn't mean they are. BESIDES, I thought the narrative was all about gender not being relevant to sexuality?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

just because you 'FEEL' like weve achieved equal rights doesnt make it true

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: lortl

Okay, fine I could have used some other discombobulated phrase, in the title, instead of "SJW". Maybe you would have noticed it.

Aside from that technicality, I bent over backwards to provide a "safe space" for your lot to express yourselves in a manner that could win you some brownie points.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: lortl

There are serious discrimination laws protecting quite literally everybody on the Progressive Stack, except white men (whom are at the bottom of it).

Case closed.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lortl

just because you 'FEEL' like weve achieved equal rights doesnt make it true
Lol SJW video said some of you identify as straight male dude bro's

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
See, I'm in that blurry grey area of saying "hey! You go weekend demonstrater! And "Yep, type on that key board some more, you warrior you!!!" (Truly not being sarcastic here)

However, in the same breath I say "You really don't even understand or begin to fathom how good you've got it, do you?"

That's where I think.. dude step back and look at the rest of the world. Whether I like what America has become (..or has always been) or not; you just honestly need to think about how far we have come. All this bull$h!t's really been tearing me up because I feel like we're regressing in our progress. The division is strong. I don't like that, not one bit. It gets to the point where they just start ripping everthing apart. Every little thing, no one will ever win or could. And it's also not a battle. It's about unity and growth; which also implies moving forward.

But by all means, exercise your rights. That's one of the things that makes this country amazing. Just don't drag us all down in the process while also attempt to strip me of my rights. Mkay? I like my gun and would love too keep it, thanks.

Also? Why not try to help the women (as a women myself) in these countries where horiffic human rights violations are taking place? Or is that just... their "culture" hmmm. Too real for you? Quit trying to act like we're still stuck in 1915 here, seriously. Cut the shiiii. Please and thank you.
edit on 12-7-2016 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

That's what all the privileged white men say.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

That's what all the oblivious privileged white men say.

www.ifyouonlynews.com...
edit on 12-7-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Women Against Feminism

Feminists and echo-feminists alike are just oblivious to the current nature of feminism: an anti-male hate movement.

See how easy it is to find sources that are biased towards our own preconceived notions? The difference is I bet I can find far more white women who support my claim than you can white men who support yours.

edit on 12/7/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
a reply to: InTheLight

Women Against Feminism

Feminists and echo-feminists alike are just oblivious to the current nature of feminism: an anti-male hate movement.

See how easy it is to find sources that are biased towards our own preconceived notions? The difference is I bet I can find far more white women who support my claim than you can white men who support yours.

It all has to do with systemic discrimination - that is the underlying problem, which most seem oblivious to.

edit on 12-7-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I've never heard her say a racist word, never thought of her as racist -- but she consistently, reliably, and predictably scored minority applicants lower than anyone else on the interview panel.

Maybe you're over scoring in attempt to prove to yourself and the applicant how not racist you are? The fact remains that if the person you're talking about was black, you wouldn't even question their judgment.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join