It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I really can't answer that question myself as I haven't thought it through and, I suspect, there's no easy answer.

What I do know is, personally, I've kind of sneered at some of the comments from their 'leadership'. Such as saying 'All lives matter' is racist. I've largely ignored that group other than commenting on the idiocy of trying to suppress other people's political views.....and that was it..

A line was crossed in Dallas. As an earlier thread has claimed that 'blaming the protesters' shouldn't happen. I didn't bother reading it as my rebuttal requires it's own thread, IMO.

First and foremost, what needs to be said is 'Black Lives matter' no matter what the initial intent or belief of those protesting, is in fact, a racist organization. It promotes a single race. Not totally unlike the KKK. I do NOT place them in the same category as the KKK, however, a giant step in that direction was taken in Dallas.

Secondly, saying 'one can't blame the protesters' is eerily similar to the arguments offered about the Muslim faith, in general, when an extremist attack occurs. "It wasn't them"....Both are true, yet that 'truth' is incomplete. There IS collateral damage to those Muslims who aren't terrorists and that distrust/dislike grows with each and every attack. That's human nature, methinks, and therefore likely unavoidable.

One argument is the general Muslim population doesn't speak out, at least sufficiently, to convince the rest that they are, in fact, sincere and pro-active in that 'sincerity'.

Thirdly, there will be no effective political solution to this at all. Between 'grid-lock' and some who believe dividing the population is a political tool to be utilized at any cost, any real solution, as usual lies with 'we the people'.

What I fear is an increased distrust of the average African-American by those outside that ethnicity. This will increase if this act is repeated and even expanded upon...

The 'police' cannot fix this. The politicians certainly cannot fix this. No 'group' will either.

It falls to the African-American community, itself. Cleaning house. Despite the well-intentioned youth involved, as well as others, Black Live Matters has been infiltrated by Militant Black Panther types, apparently. It is now a conduit for acts of extreme violence. Black Lives Matters needs to be marginalized, neutered and even removed by the very people it purported to help!

Many individual African-Americans have spoken out against it. Nowhere near enough, it seems.

It is now time to place this group into the pages of history, expose any outside financing/motivations by the members, themselves and receive the same sort of vilification usually reserved for White supremacist groups.

That's as about as far as I can figure this. Right? Wrong? More to it?

+46 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
They need to go into Chicago, Baltimore and any other high black on black crime place and solve that first. Then worry about the cops. They do not want to solve the problem because they know what the actual problem is... themselves...

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'

Ignore it until it goes away.

And it WILL go away.

They only have a few months left on that card.

Then there will be a new one called 'Reproductive Rights matter'.
edit on 8-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And it WILL go away.

They will be around as long as that Filthy Rich WHITE MAN named George Soros funds them!

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They need to take their place in the annals of American history next to the KKK as a disgusting racist group.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Until I have proof otherwise, nothing says that the attackers yesterday were directly linked to BLM. There is little that can be done until something shows otherwise.

All that can be done is to arrest the ones who get out of hand at protests.

I despise BLM for the most part. They seem to pick a lot of highly sensationalized cases that turn out to be of questionable virtue in the end as their cause celebre.

And frankly, you can only run around chanting slogans that advocate death to cops for so long while protesting violently before something happens in the atmosphere we have today. But I can't lay all the blame for this on BLM. Part of it rests on the shoulders of politicians and the media who have given BLM wide legitimacy and approbation as a movement, looking the other way then they act out badly.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The group is full of useful idiots that really do care. However the leadership really cares little about lives, but about undermining and politics. All should be able to see right through this but alas no.

Its hard not to bust out laughing or spiting in disgust that they actually care about lives and black lives at that.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Until I have proof otherwise, nothing says that the attackers yesterday were directly linked to BLM. There is little that can be done until something shows otherwise.

Other than the leadership of BLM talking about violence against whites and cops and the BLM group sticking with them.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nope go check out DC Clothesline website they have hacked several BLM correspondences your in for a very hot summer

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The current leadership should be arrested for incitement of violence and knowingly encouraging terrorism.

They should probably keep an eye on the more radical members and sympathizers too, but take no further action unless they know they are going to do something.

The organisation should not be banned. Being a hate group does not make it illegal. Freedom of thought and speech and all that

Better to keep them around I say, no one has done more to harm the cause of the regressive left than Black Lives Matter.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Are you suggesting we start prosecuting groups we don't like for hate speech?

I need to see that direct link. Were they or were they not members of the movement? Has BLM switched over from an odious SJW protest movement that needs to be treated a lot like we all treat WBC to an active terrorist organization that acts on the talk or not?

Until then, it is simply spouting a lot of hate speech and whether I like it or not is immaterial.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
they are obviously a terror organization and should be treated as such,dust off the patriot act and start rounding them up.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I am suggesting when a group preaches violence and then it's members commit said violence and the group supports that violence it's a case of sticking your head in the sand to say there is no connection.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

And ?

More cops dead, more looting, more violence doesn't help their 'case' any.

Come Novemeber they will follow suit just like the Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street.

The fate of all 'grass roots organizations'.

Come January, and soon after.

A new group will be making the news.
edit on 8-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
they are obviously a terror organization and should be treated as such,dust off the patriot act and start rounding them up.

I would tend to agree that they are verging on terrorist given the tactics they use to block speakers and events they don't like, but you are going to have to work very hard to make that sell given the way they've been played in the court of public opinion to date - they're the virtuous protest movement just fighting against those evil racists ...

Now, if they do start acting out like ME terror groups (i.e. last night's attack can be directly linked to them concretely), we can definitively take it there and I think the needle on the Overton Window can be moved no matter what.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: neo96

And it WILL go away.

They will be around as long as that Filthy Rich WHITE MAN named George Soros funds them!

As well as the support of people like AG Lynch, Obama and the Black Caucus. When racially exclusive groups get support from some of our highest ranking officials in our government, we are truly being led in the wrong direction.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
In America one has the right to protest in any way they see fit as long as the protest does not bring harm to others…
However, if protests from any group end in violence on a regular basis then they will be no longer be viewed as a political entity but as a criminal organization…
One example of such a conversion is the Crips which was created as a group that wanted to make black neighborhood safer from gang violence in LA....it devolved into vicious gang almost immediately after its inception...

I am not comparing the Crips to the black lives matter movement but if crime occurs in and around your movement habitually then the public perception as well as your classification by the government will change just as it did for the Black Panthers...

To answer your op:
IMO, they(BLM) have the right to protest and should be given the latitude afforded all US citizens until such time when their protests become unilaterally, chronically violent...

-Christosterone
edit on 8-7-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I am suggesting when a group preaches violence and then it's members commit said violence and the group supports that violence it's a case of sticking your head in the sand to say there is no connection.

I'm not sticking my head in the sand. I am looking at reality.

You aren't going to get that case made without crystal clear proof. Heck, Ft. Hood isn't a terrorist attack despite all the clear evidence.

You know who is in charge.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

they are just useful idiots in a greater plan yes the new players will be the DHS and others when martial law is imposed which BLM leaders know is the plan as I said go read it for yourself at D.C Clothesline

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am not saying from a legal standpoint. I am saying from the standpoint of reason and logic. The two are most certainly connected.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join