It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medina blast: Saudi city 'hit by suicide bomber'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

A suicide bomber has attacked the Saudi city of Medina, close to the Prophet's Mosque, one of Islam's holiest sites, according to local media reports.
The bomber detonated his device as security officers were breaking their Ramadan fast, al-Arabiya TV said.
Footage on the TV network showed a blazing vehicle. There are no details of casualties and no official comment.
The mosque is the burial place of the Prophet Muhammad and Medina the second-holiest city in Islam after Mecca.
State-linked Sabq news and the Okaz newspaper also carried reports of the suicide attack.
Earlier, at least one explosion rocked the eastern city of Qatif.
Qatif is home to many minority Shia Muslims and the blast appeared to target a Shia mosque. No casualties have been reported so far.
Map of Saudi Arabia
A suspected suicide bomber also died after detonating a device near the US consulate in the city of Jeddah. Two security officers were slightly injured as they tackled the man, but no-one else was hurt.
Social media footage from Medina showed a vehicle on fire in a car park, with two security officers lying nearby.
Other footage showed ambulances and police vehicles streaming to the area.
It is not clear who is behind any of the attacks.
The attacks come with the holy month of Ramadan drawing to a close and ahead of the Eid al-Fitr holiday.

OK, if this is really a suicide, nutter, isis bomber, they are not for very long now. Surely the most idiotic thing to do, is to attack proper muslims at the end of ramadan, near one their holiest sites
Is there anyone they haven't pi55ed off yet?

There is not much more on the news yet, otherwise I could add more, but this has to do for now and maybe others can add as we get more information.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Hecate666 because: Grammar

edit on 4-7-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Seems if you mistreat your own dogs bad enough they will eventually turn on you.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There goes their funding....

Saudi Arabi has had it a long time coming, the royals not the average Saudi though.
edit on 7/4/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Saudi boots in Syria/Iraq?

It will be considered an attack on Islam itself, it's happened in the past and it usually is a schism within the Islamic community that drives Muslims to attack Muslim institutes.

If ISIS has attacked Medina, well it doesn't bode wellness put it that way.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wonder if Islam will survive the next 50 years

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Saudi boots in Syria/Iraq?

It will be considered an attack on Islam itself, it's happened in the past and it usually is a schism within the Islamic community that drives Muslims to attack Muslim institutes.

If ISIS has attacked Medina, well it doesn't bode wellness put it that way.

I really hope they've gone too far now. Not that IMO they haven't gone too far long ago, but surely attacking 'their own' must be the stupidest move ever. Hope muslims around the world unite AGINST isis now and grass up those sympathizers that live amongst them and show them that this can't go on. For the world and for real muslims.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Real Muslims is up for interpretation depending upon which version your celebrating

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Real Muslims is up for interpretation depending upon which version your celebrating

I was thinking the same

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Tbh once you begin to understand the politics of the ME it becomes obvious why nobody wants to do anything. They left it too long and and nobody wants to go shooting near a bear.

It could be a straw too much for the camel and a given casus belli for Saudi Arabia to occupy Syria/Iraq. If they did that, even if their motivations are just and true it will not end well.

Arabs being too close to Persia won't work, too much bad blood.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Islam (isis/alqueda,etc.) has no problem murdering their own people.

It is just islam as it has been at it's core for hundreds of years-pure and simple.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I hope it doesn't survive even one more year.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Saudi's chickens come home to roost.

They get no sympathy from me.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

It will.

It has survived for over 1400 years.

Even after the Sunni and Shia split.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Is there an Arab word for Karma? What goes around comes around.

Saudi Arabi has had it a long time coming, the royals not the average Saudi though.

QFT!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Let's hope not.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Your governement is also a well known funder, In case you forgot.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69

Your governement is also a well known funder, In case you forgot.

Do you have any actual proof of this?

I would love to see you prove this statement...it would be epic.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I logged onto twitter and saw the same as always today, #PrayForCity, and so I was like here we go again.
I clicked on it and found out that Saudi Arabia was bombed..

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but Saudi Arabia itself is a terrorist. If you don't believe that fairy tales are true then they will execute you as a terrorist in that country. As someone who does not believe that fairy tales are true, I find myself not caring in the least about this. In fact, I actually couldn't stop laughing.

This is the equivalent to a terrorist who accidentally sets off a bomb that kills themselves and their crew while they are in their hideout plotting against good and decent people.

#ReligionIsPoison
#Karma

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Revelation 20:4 - and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This shows that isis really doesnt give a # who you are or were you are.

This thread also shows how backwards some peoples views are in this site.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join