It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brownie insult gets a third grader a visit from the police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Officials at a New Jersey elementary school called the police because a third grader said something deemed potentially racist concerning the brownies served during an end-of-the-year class celebration.

You would think that this would be bad enough...a third grader having the police called on him for this? But that isn't the worst of this story, as you'll see.

The local school district superintendent, Scott Oswald, said the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office has ordered him to instruct teachers to call the police about incidents such as, say, a 9-year-old boy saying something possibly racist about brownies in class. Collingswood police chief Kevin Carey told the Inquirer that prosecutors recently told school officials to call police abut “just about every incident” including something “as minor as a simple name-calling incident that the school would typically handle internally.” School officials are also supposed to contact New Jersey’s child protection bureaucracy.

Who and what are behind the decision to call the police for EVERY little incident, as well as CPS? What could possibly warrant this?

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Cps has to support their huge budget somehow and show some kind of faux relevance. So they get themselves written in for every incident. Otherwise, how are they going to steal kids and support their salaries?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It seems that the County prosecutor, Mary E. Colalillo, a democrat, is the culprit here. She was a judge for a spell before being appointed by Biggie Smalls, er, I meant Christie. She was appointed in 2014. But it seems even her role as judge was not exactly distinguished, as you can read in these reviews...

www.therobingroom.com...

Furthermore, it seems the heat has gotten to the mayor, as you can tell by this letter he sent to her...

camdencountypros.org...

Don't forget, this is the very same Camden County that Cory Booker A.K.A Obama ll is often skulking around. The local government and school board has been accused for years of being a bunch of corrupt PC practitioners.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Think I'll reserve judgement until we know exactly what happened. I read one report which basically states a kid was making fun of his last name being weiner the kids called him sausage boy. Thinking that could have been worse but they are only 10. So a kid named brown he decided to call chocolate brownie. Sooooooo I'm thinking if this was the case and apparently the kid was white I'm having a hard time seeing the racism. But as I stated earlier we don't know if that's the whole story.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The kid is of Brazilian descent, and why should it matter? What the child did was an infraction of school rules, not an illegal act.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There must not be enough actual criminals for the police there to keep busy so they are used to keep school kids from calling each other names.....

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Haha, first time one of my friends saw a black person when he was about 4 years old, he told his Mum there was a 'really dirty boy in class'. She shut him down rather quick apparently LOL. I have a friend who is a nursery teacher, and she hears these kinds of things all the time. You cannot hold children accountable for things like this, they don't know hate like we adults do.

edit: should probably mention I live in an area that is 95% indigenous white (and about 2% of the remaining are eastern European white immigrants).
edit on 1/7/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I don't see how this could possibly fall under the jurisdiction of the police. It isn't a criminal issue and frankly it isn't a civil one either. Wow, those are some useful idiots that created that policy.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

It's funny you should mention that because my mom used to tell me the story of how she had never seen a black person until she went to college. I guess that could happen when you grow up in a small town in the 40s and 50s.

edit on 2016/7/1 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
School officials are doing a CYA. They don't want to deal with these issues, don't wants parents complaining one way or another and blaming them for actions taken, so just pass it off to someone else.

It might be time to replace the school leadership.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Racist? Really?

This is the classic case of kids making fun of other kids using their names. It likely happened to all of us that someone found a way to tweak us in school using one or the other of our names.

Likely this is all about impact rather than intent. Whoever heard this was struck by the "racist" nature of it whether or not the kid in question ever even thought of it that way. I guarantee you though that in the future, if he ever wants to be racist, he definitely knows a way now. Won't it be deflating if everyone around looks at him like he's lame when he tries it?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sad to say ive never met an intelligent administrative individual working any school public or private. No offense. The dean at my high school growing up was routinely outwitted by freshmen. The school teachers even thought the administrative faculty were putzs. Pretty sure the phenomena of low reaching, intellectually obtuse individuals in such positions is ubiquitous.

Personally if I were the parents id hire a lawyer and sue the faculty involved and cps individuals on a civil level where the law doesnt protect them from their proactive idiocy.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Dear Founding Fathers,
You laid the groundwork for our nation. It took us a while, but we have EFFED it all up.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Stupid..but PC means to the righty's saying what's on your mind..

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Your founding fathers would have seen what happened to America today and went. WTH..good thing we put amendments in ..

edit on 1-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Or else they would've went...holy crap...next thing you know..cowards would had their way n started something like a the NRA and said BS like , I need to watch my ass..cuz the bogey man is real..

"remember when the 2nd amendment was put in place to make sure the British did not attack and was for militias to protect our land. Not for cowards to hide behind it and use it as an excuse to hide from the bogeyman. Yep those were the days..
"

-Founding Fathers

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia

The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, and what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves.

Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets?

And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion.[1] The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

^^ That's a founding Father talking there.^^

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia

The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, and what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves.

Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets?

And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion.[1] The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

^^ That's a founding Father talking there.^^

Almost...forgot the part where it says any candy ass can protect their butts if they get out of line. Oh wait that's not in there, show me where it says cowards can say anything just as long as they have guns and where it says if you can't hit your target..might as well give them multiple mags to hit their target cuz god forbid they miss the stationary targets. Also put in the 2nd amendment where they can have a a lot of guns...because a coward can never be to safe..

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he eats his first Brownie.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This is getting ridiculously out of hand, but it's essentially all social engineering. "Racism! Offends Me! Wahhhh!" Same crap we see adults periodically and increasing do these days.

It remains unclear what the third-grade boy actually said about the brownies.

I just want to know what he actually said, which no one seems to want to say, likely because it's a bunch of BS.

The scary thing too, is that he was basically interrogated by the cop for a likely stupid childish remark like kids do. Granted, maybe he *did* say something potentially racist (we know how kids are easily influenced and can parrot the same # they hear from their parents and what their parents might watch on TV), but calling the cops is absolutely overboard.

[A]n officer from the Collingswood Police Department showed up at the school in full uniform . . . and began interrogating the little boy over his comment.

“There was a police officer with a gun in the holster talking to my son, saying, ‘Tell me what you said.’

I can just see this scene of the movie: "Tell me what ya said kid, just tell me, and we'll go easy on ya." WTF

Collingswood mayor Jim Maley suggested that school officials and the town police chief misunderstood the directive from local prosecutors. . .

Oswald, the superintendent, said Maley is wrong.

“It was a pretty clear directive that we questioned vehemently,” Oswald told the newspaper.

Questioned a third grader vehemently? Smh. Those a#holes.

Every time I hear of things like this, regardless age or grade, I am reminded of this ATS thread and NYT article: With Police in Schools, More Children in Court

edit on 1-7-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join