It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars smaller than Earth? Just experienced ME (aka faulty memory)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

No ignorance, just wanted to know if anyone else remembers it the way I do. You`ll see when it happens to you but I can imagine you won`t post anything because of your pride.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

edit on 6jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d
a reply to: Aliensun

No ignorance, just wanted to know if anyone else remembers it the way I do. You`ll see when it happens to you but I can imagine you won`t post anything because of your pride.

I'm not too proud to admit I don't have a perfect memory. No one does.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The pore guys been pulled in to are univers.
and you just have a go at him!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I'm not too proud to admit I don't have a perfect memory. No one does.

Likewise...I still can`t get rid of the memory though, it`s still there. I wouldn`t have posted this, if I wasn`t sure about it because like you said, I`m aware that my memory is not perfect and I usually don`t say anything if I can`t remember or if I`m unsure what exactly do I actually remember.

I don`t know. Do you ever experience this and, if so, do you have an explanation?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My Readers Digest atlas dated 1990 shows Mars to be smaller than the earth, that is why I collect books, very hard to revise without it showing. (in the book).

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This reminds me of New Zealand wondering around in the southern ocean, I sincerely hope hope my memory does not fail me. looks like it already has...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
My Readers Digest atlas dated 1990 shows Mars to be smaller than the earth, that is why I collect books, very hard to revise without it showing. (in the book).

Don't you know that the ME causes revisions while you are unawares.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The reason for this faulty memory is just memory wires being crossed due to Olympus Mons on Mars.

Mars has a volcano that dwarfs everything on this planet, making Mount Everest look like a small hill by comparison.

Your simply misremembering that Mars has a volcano that dwarfs everything on Earth, as Mars being larger than Earth is all.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

I have always thought that Mars was smaller than earth...Grew up in the 70's and 80's, for a reference point for you.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The oldest encyclopaedia I have is dated 1933, and it records Mars as being slightly more than half the size of Earth, as does every other book on space I have from the 1950s onward.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You have a complication with Astrology, they don't care what the size is. I'm some what certain this is part the blame.

Planets

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You won't know, if you don't go. Anyways Mars has always been smaller than Earth. It was harvested to death by aliens. Mars would probably be the same size of Earth if it actually had oceans. Too bad majority of the lifeforms are had died and disappeared there. See Earth Oceans makes Earth bigger. The water content makes land float. Mars has none of those except froze ice. It is like a dried up planet that shrunk.
edit on 30-6-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I always remember Mars being bigger when I was a kid, people say it's just because I am older and bigger, but I know the truth! In 2008 they reduced the weight from 62.5 g to 58 g. Still fun to nibble all the chocolate off the outside then rub the nougat and caramel into a ball.

Oh, the planet? Nope, always been smaller than Earth, if it was the same size or bigger I would imagine it may have still had liquid water.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Mars is and always has been much smaller than earth. Sorry no medela effect.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Mars would probably be the same size of Earth if it actually had oceans. Too bad majority of the lifeforms are had died and disappeared there. See Earth Oceans makes Earth bigger. The water content makes land float. Mars has none of those except froze ice.

So you are saying that tectonic plates float on water? I have to disagree, they do float but not on water. Also it appears that Mars does have flowing water...sort of.

New findings from NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) provide the strongest evidence yet that liquid water flows intermittently on present-day Mars.

source

a reply to: All Seeing Eye

You have a complication with Astrology, they don't care what the size is. I'm some what certain this is part the blame.

Could be but highly unlikely. As said, it is a distinct memory. I wouldn`t have brought it up otherwise.

a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I`m aware that every book, model and other evidence is against my memory but this is like looking for apples on a peach tree, pointless. I have explained why this is the case in my previous thread. I just wanted to know if anyone else remembers it this way...

a reply to: pikestaff

I hear ya. No tectonic shifting here. So far only sex in the city and this now but this is more clear as far as the memory goes. It`s a weird experience...a memory glitch if you like or a planted memory or shifting realities, who the f# knows what is real anymore, perhaps I`m going nuts

edit on 30-6-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d

I`m aware that every book, model and other evidence is against my memory but this is like looking for apples on a peach tree, pointless. I have explained why this is the case in my previous thread. I just wanted to know if anyone else remembers it this way...

I'm aware of that, I was just confirming how far back the observations about Mars go, and thus how incorrect your recollection is.

In conversations with my now adult children I have encountered numerous instances where their recollection of events in their lives doesn't actually match up with what happened - childhood perceptions and memories are not always reliable.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
*rubs forehead*

Mars has always been smaller than Earth. Always.

I don't understand this stuff. Now anytime my memory about something is wrong, we just get to use the ME excuse? How convienient. Insteasd of admitting we remember things wrong we take the huge leap that the cosmos has somehow been altered all around us...and somehow magically we've been spared.

What is more reasonable? That we remember things wrong, or that only a handful of people are sliding through dimensions or something?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

What is more reasonable? That we remember things wrong, or that only a handful of people are sliding through dimensions or something?

Keep asking this question, and you'll be labeled a hater by every ME believer.

It is, however, the only real pertinent question regarding this particular socio-cultural phenomenon.

I fear it also denotes how far we have fallen from basic reasoning abilities, in the United States, as a whole.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I'm aware of that, I was just confirming how far back the observations about Mars go, and thus how incorrect your recollection is.

In conversations with my now adult children I have encountered numerous instances where their recollection of events in their lives doesn't actually match up with what happened - childhood perceptions and memories are not always reliable.

my recollection goes from 80s till to at least 2013, that`s what`s odd

a reply to: MystikMushroom

Depends, we have been indoctrinated to believe it is us who are wrong all the time and that it is logical to think this way and I would have to agree with it in most cases but not all. So would you deny that both options are possible? How about a 3rd option, a memory planted in your head? How about a 4th, that I`m just doing an experiment and playing for a fool? Who decides what is reasonable? You? Or people that you support?

Ahh, why do I even bother, I just asked if anyone remembers it this way but all I get is labeling and pointing fingers or schooling lessons. There are only few who actually read what I wrote and I know that because of their replies even though some were telling me it`s just my memory.

The rest just read in between the lines to power up their rifle and shoot at those with different views that attacks their belief system. So again for those, I said in my OP that I`m going to have to attribute it to my faulty memory.....but you gonna keep shooting, I suppose.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join