It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Need To Enlist In the United States Military If They Want To Live In America!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I would be ok with a peace corps kind of service that would allow illegals to earn citizenship if they meet strict conditions and can show that they will be productive citizens.Never will support them in the military,even in support roles

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
France already does it

It's called the French Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion is "Outside of France".

There are no illegals.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: muse7
France already does it

It's called the French Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion is "Outside of France".

There are no illegals.

Umm no the French Foreign Legion is made up of non French citizens and after 5 years of service they can apply for French citizenship.

They are stationed in Africa and their main headquarters and garrison is in Aubagne, France

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
No thanks! Make them serve food at homeless shelters or build houses. We do NOT need them in the ARMED forces.... I have ENOUGH bull **** to deal with, without dealing with someone that doesn't want to be there...you forget ALL of the bennys we get, those would have to be minimized....a reply to: paxnatus

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

No all Americans are perfect and would never commit crimes or be in gangs!

I don't hate this idea, I would reduce it to when they get caught they have the option, join or deport.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: paxnatus

Like in Starship troopers people had to do military service to gain citizenship.
Do you round them up and force them in or do they get a choice?.

Or like in the Roman Empire?

eh? rome had a 100% voluntary military and through merit on the battlefield you could gain noble status, every legion was basically a private army and this system is a big reason why they fell apart in the end due to their military being filled with foreign germanic soldiers with no loyalty to rome, by the way only roman romans were actual citizens.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
No thanks! Make them serve food at homeless shelters or build houses.

They already do those things. The pick the fruit for the groceries, and provide the manual labor for construction projects.

All you need to do, is issue them with a temporary worker's visa. Problem solved. You don't have to give them citizenship. Most don't want US citizenship. They want money. They want to be able to come and go back freely.

This problem would be almost entirely solved if NAFTA allowed the free flow of people between Canada, US, Mexico, in the same way the European Union does. Then there would be much fewer illegals, since most are from Mexico.

But, NAFTA only allows free glow of "goods" and "investment capital". It blocks people.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I like the concept but I don't know how we pay for millions more soldiers.

Easy, they just continue to increase taxes, make cuts to Social Security, Medicare, Education and other social programs that directly benefit and help us taxpayers. The military never runs out of money! They have trillions thanks to us who don't complain about the increases in military and pork barrel spending.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What happened to “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free”???

I think that was in Germany.

If you are referring to New Colossus, it was just advertising to raise money.

Emma Lazarus There are several phrases associated with the Statue of Liberty, but the most recognizable is “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.” This quote comes from Emma Lazarus' sonnet, New Colossus, which she wrote for a fundraiser auction to raise money for the pedestal upon which the Statue of Liberty now sits. The poem did not receive much recognition and was quite forgotten after the auction. In the early 1900s and after Lazarus' death, one of her friends began a campaign to memorialize Lazarus and her New Colossus sonnet. The effort was a success, and a plaque with the poem's text was mounted inside the pedestal of the statute.

edit on 25-6-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: word correction

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Like in Starship troopers people had to do military service to gain citizenship.
Do you round them up and force them in or do they get a choice?.

Or like in the Roman Empire?

eh? rome had a 100% voluntary military and through merit on the battlefield you could gain noble status, every legion was basically a private army and this system is a big reason why they fell apart in the end due to their military being filled with foreign germanic soldiers with no loyalty to rome, by the way only roman romans were actual citizens.

At first only Italic people were full citizens, but Caracalla's edict changed that, it granted citizenship to all free men in the empire. By the time the empire was falling apart, most people in the provinces were citizens. A lot of the foederati were foreigners, though.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I was just thinking of something similar to this earlier today... I was trying to come up with any real good reasons for there to be such a push to allow for a dramatic influx of immigrants/refugees coming into the United States... and honestly, the only feasible one I came up with - is to greatly increase the amount of personnel in the US Military... and of course, that could certainly have it's drawbacks as well... lol
edit on 25-6-2016 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Didn't Rome try this? LOL

ETA: Illegal immigrants ... note the word illegal ... need to pay for their crime. I've got a pyramid needs building.
edit on 2562016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

This is already an option.

Naturalization Through Military Service: Fact Sheet

Special provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) authorize U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to expedite the application and naturalization process for current members of the U.S. armed forces and recently discharged service members. Generally, qualifying military service includes service with one of the following: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and National Guard. In addition, spouses of members of the U.S. armed forces who are or will be deployed may be eligible for expedited naturalization. Other provisions of the law also allow certain spouses to complete the naturalization process abroad.

Qualifications

A member of the U.S. armed forces must meet the requirements and qualifications to become a citizen of the United States. He or she must demonstrate:
•Good moral character,
•Knowledge of the English language,
•Knowledge of U.S. government and history (civics), and
•Attachment to the United States by taking an Oath of Allegiance to the U.S. Constitution.

Qualified members of the U.S. armed forces are exempt from other naturalization requirements, including residence and physical presence in the United States. These exceptions are listed in Sections 328 and 329 of the INA.

All aspects of the naturalization process, including applications, interviews and ceremonies are available overseas to members of the U.S. armed forces and certain “command-sponsored” spouses.

A person who obtains U.S. citizenship through his or her military service and separates from the military under “other than honorable conditions” before completing five years of honorable service may have his or her citizenship revoked.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Might not be the best idea considering the past and possibly still happening;

US-trained cartel terrorises Mexico

Founders of the Zetas drug gang learned special forces techniques at Ft. Bragg before waging a campaign of carnage.

The Zetas have a fearsome reputation, but the real surprise comes not in their ruthless use of violence, but in the origins of where they learned the tricks of their bloody trade. Some of the cartel's initial members were elite Mexican troops, trained in the early 1990s by America’s 7th Special Forces Group or "snake eaters" at Ft. Bragg, North Carolina, a former US special operations commander has told Al Jazeera.

One of many Sources
edit on 25-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RedmoonMWC

Not for illegal aliens, period. One must jump though hoops, also have a green card and speak english.

MG

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Next you are going to want to take away Healthcare and food stamps from poor illegal workers. Where do you right wing nutters stop? People are people, get off of the couch and go meet a few!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xxspockyxx

Why am I, or anyone obliged to pay for their food and healthcare? Why don't they pay me?

We will call it rent...

mg

edit on 26-6-2016 by missed_gear because: spelling

edit on 26-6-2016 by missed_gear because: spelling again

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Poor you. You have been given every opportunity in the world and are now blaming the poor mexicans for not making the best of it. I for one am happy to help them. If they need a ace to stay or some medical help who am I to say no?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xxspockyxx

How many live with you for free right now?

Or is that the goverment's job, to which I pay a great deal of personal and corporate taxes?

Poor me? No. I grew up very poor. Until my mother married, dirt poor. If I did not have 90 cents for school lunch, I did not eat. I would turn in Coke bottles for the money.

Today is FREE breakfast, lunch and box dinner (to take home)...and a tip of the iceburg for free crap they get...

What does that teach anyone but to suck on a huge governemnt teet...

I made my way...legally. Never assume I had every opportunity as you are way, way out of line.

mg

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Come to think of they make very good cannon fodder. They can be forced to die and kill but if they die, then from the point of view of the military and the politicians, who cares?

Dead immigrants will not get as much publicity as dead Americans.

Being in the milit-tree is a form of slavery anyway and illegal immigrants dont have any rights to begin with.

all round win for the powers that be.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join