It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Owns the American Mass Media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hello,

I have noticed that the American mass media has very similar themes: multiculturalism, cultural determinism, capitalism, feminism, pro-Israel bias, anti-Muslim bias, anti-intellectualism, pro-war bias, anti-guns bias, etc. I decided to see who owns most of this media and what are the political leanings of these people. But it was very hard to find an answer, there is very little research in this area. The only really concrete information I found was www.natvan.com... but I found this info. to be too biased and not as objective as I think an academic piece should be. Other arguments I've heard is that Capitalists own the media and Liberals own the media. So basically, I would like to get some good information on this and hope others can contribute to this thread.

Regards.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Ludwig Beethoven]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Who ever can pay for the advertising to keep the media going. the almighty dollar owns the media.
But I must agree hollywood is pro Israel.
I guess so am I being 1/4 French jew. And being raised strict fundamentalist christian in which the old testament was based on the jewish talmud/law.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
the mass media is owned by the New World Order. they control what is said and what isn't so that they can keep in power what we do and don't know.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well you can start here.
Rupert Murdoch. He turned a small-town newspaper into a diverse media empire that informs and entertains half the world
Time

Media mogul Rupert Murdoch was born in Melbourne, Australia, on the 11th of March, 1931. Today he is better known as the owner of News Corporation Ltd., a media conglomerate that has ventured into all forms of media: television, film, print, and most recently, the Internet. 20th Century Fox, The Fox Network, HarperCollins, and The New York Post are only 4 of the many forms of media that the News Corporation Ltd. owns.

Link

I reserve comment, for fear of my post becoming as biased as everything Murdoch publishes.

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
As far as television is concerned...
The major networks are owned by corporations, Disney, GE and Viacom

The below link might help.

See link Here about Viacom and the other corporations involved.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
All the major media in the US other than PBS are directly owned by other large corporations. For example, NBC by General Electric, ABC by Disney, etc. The information is not hard to get. You can also just go to their own web sites and look at who is on their boards of directors; big money players top to bottom.

PBS is technically public but it is under the administrative regulation of Colin Powell's son and is heavily heavily influenced by the Rockefeller foundation. In addition, they have other corporate sponsors wit pull via money.

I don't know, off the top of my head who controls C-Span but Iam sure the story with them is not much different.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's a very interesting and important question - once you start seeing how corporate and consolidated the entire global media is, the picture begins to get pretty creepy. Here's a cool graphic with a sense of humor that spells out - although this data may already be obsolete due to further consolidation in the last few years (i.e. Sony-BMG merger etc.)

hazenunion.org...

[edit on 26/1/05 by MacKiller]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i do believe the mass media is both run on the concept of the dollar, but also, to a deeper level, approaches mostly the issues that they believe the people WANT to hear, as opposed to what is important, such as on the news, when the order would be similar to "three nuclear weapons were dropped in ______ today... in latest news, Mrs. John Q. Public from _______ had her cat rescued from a tree today. " (the ________'s denote where I would rather not put in a name for fear of being charged with something bad). The mass media is run by society's wish, if unbeknownst to them, to hear about the ills not the good.

On a personal note, thank you Ludwig Beethoven for bringing the term and concept of ethnocentrism to my attention.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Bunkbuster
Thanks for sharing that graphic. There are a few things that have evolved since then but the basics are still there.

The corporate web is ultimately very concentrated. I can give you an example using one of the big pieces of the graphic, i.e. Bertelsmann.

Bertelsmann is owned 25.1% (which is virtually a controlling interest of such a company) by GBL. GBL in turn is 48% owned by Power Corporation of Montreal.

Power corporation has its hand virtually everywhere;

- a controlling interest in Pargesa Holding of Switzerland (via Power's Dutch affiliate) through which it has pieces or controlling interests in Bertelsmann, Imerys, Total and Suez. We know what Bertelsmann is all about. When you consider that Total is the 4th largest oil and gas company in the world, you start to get an idea of how concetrated control of all the important industries is.

- a lock on a huge chunk of the Canadian insurance industry and large investment firms in both Canada and the U.S.

- a chunk of CITIC Pacific which is one of the very largest conglomerates in Asia controlling everything from several major airlines, nuclear reactors, food and drug distribution, steel and automobile production, several large telecommunications companies, waste disposale, etc, etc.

All this traces back to Paul Desmarais and his sons who are VERY good friends of Prince Charles (who has a private apartment at the Desmarais mansion), Bush sr., and Maurice Strong (and thereby the Rockefellers).

sleep well everybody!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
www.thenation.com...

www.cjr.org...

www.pbs.org...

pbs used to have a really good chart but i cant find it.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Paramount, Disney, ICM and CAA New York, Times, Wall Street Journal Washington Post, Boston Globe, Washington Post Barron's, Dow Jones Village Voice Time, U.S. News & World Report Atlantic Monthly, NY Daily News, AOL-Time Warner, CNN News Group (before you say no that's Ted Turner, look up 'Walter Isaacson'), Time Warner's publishing division, Sports Illustrated, People, Fortune, Walt Disney Company, Touchstone, Buena Vista, Hollywood Pictures, Caravan Pictures, Miramax Films, Capital Cities/ABC, Inc., ESPN, Lifetime Television, A & E Television Networks, ABC Radio Network, Viacom, Inc., Paramount Pictures, CBS's Country Music Television Nashville Network Simon & Schuster, Scribner, The
Free Press, Pocket Books. Showtime, MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox Television Network, 20th Century Fox Films, and Fox 2000, New York Post and TV Guide are all owned or controlled by one religous organization.

This is not to mention all the subsidary companies in print and local media, newsgroups, etc. that are either subsidized or controlled by the above listed companies. The recent consolidation of these major media companies has only tightened their grip, and really this is only to name a a few...

[edit on 19-1-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The shortest answer is Zionists and Rev. Moon. I can elaborate further if desired.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Check out Clear Channel - now there’s a scary organization. They own an amazing amount of media in many countries.

They have taken over all of the major radio stations in my area. At one point in my neighborhood there was a billboard that read,
“97.1 - Another Clear Channel station, but aren’t they all?”

The billboard was up for only 3 days. Maybe they realized what they were really saying.

Back in the 1980’s when I was in high school, they told us that Russia was bad because it only had one newspaper, Pravda I believe was it’s name. It only printed government approved news, so the people only got propaganda, not real news stories.

I have personally witnessed something like this in action. I have seen 2 fake news items in our local paper. The district attorney told me that he would take care of 2 news releases that I would see in the newspaper. I knew the stories were lies, but they appeared in the newspaper right on schedule. To make it even worse, a larger newspaper then picked up the stories and printed them in a larger paper in a major city.

Someone gives the media a story and they report it. They don't investigate it, they don't verify it, they just print it or announce it. Don't you think our government knows this and releases or withholds some information as it sees fit?
It's Pravda.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noob0832
The shortest answer is Zionists and Rev. Moon. I can elaborate further if desired.

Please do. I'm interested. I don't know who Rev. Moon is.

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
The billboard was up for only 3 days. Maybe they realized what they were really saying.

They own most of the billboards as well. Frightening.

Check out this link. Very interesting and interactive way to see the relationships between global corporate board members. What's also cool, is you can map corporate boards against political organizations, such as the CFR and stuff.
They do rule....

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ludwig, you were closest to the truth on your own.

Jews, or "Zionists" are in control of the mass media, not "the corporations"

the proof of this is in the credits. the mass media is overrun by jews.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
Ludwig, you were closest to the truth on your own.

Jews, or "Zionists" are in control of the mass media, not "the corporations"

the proof of this is in the credits. the mass media is overrun by jews.

Most of the research I have been doing also concurs with you. Esp. interesting was when Fox New's Bill O'Reilly made the comment that the mass media was attacking Mel Gibson's "The Passion" because most of the media is owned by people of Jewish descent.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I urge you to read "the protocols of the learned elders of zion"

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Warning: read at your own risk.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Rupert Murdoch....

Selected businesses in Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation Media Empire include..

Filmed Entertainment - News Corporation
20th Century Fox
20th Century Fox Espanol
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
20th Century Fox International
20th Century Fox Television
Blue Sky Studios
Fox Searchlight Pictures
Fox Studios Australia
Fox Studios LA
Fox Studios Baja
Fox Television Studios

Television - News Corporation
Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Sports Australia
Fox Television Stations
FOXTEL
STAR

Cable Television - News Corporation
Fox Movie Channel
Fox News Channel
Fox Sports Digital
Fox Sports Enterprises
Fox Sports Espanol
Fox Sports Net
Fox Sports World
FUEL
FX
National Geographic Channel
SPEED Channel
Stats, Inc

Direct Broadcast & Satellite Television - News Corporation
BskyB
DIRECTV
FOXTEL
Sky Italia

Magazines - News Corporation
Inside Out
Donna Hay
News America Marketing
Smart Source
The Weekly Standard
Gemstar

Newspapers - News Corporation
Australasian region Newspapers:
Daily Telegraph
Fiji Times
Gold Coast Bulletin
Herald Sun
Newsphotos
Newspix
Newstext
NT News
Post Courier
Sunday Herald Sun
Sunday Mail
Sunday Tasmanian
Sunday Territorian
Sunday Times
The Advertiser
The Australian
The Courier Mail
The Mercury
The Sunday Mail
The Sunday Telegraph
Weekly Times
United Kingdom region Newspapers:
News International
News of the World
The Sun
The Sunday Times
The Times
Times Education Supplement
Times Higher Education Supplement
Times Literary Supplement
TSL Education
United States region Newspapers:
New York Post

Books - News Corporation
Harper Collins Publishers
- Australia
- Canada
- Childrens Books
- United States
- United Kingdom
Regan Books
Zondervan

Other Investments - News Corporation
Festival Records
Mushroom Records
National Rugby League - Australia
News Interactive
News Outdoor
Nursery World

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Rupert Murdoch....

Filmed Entertainment - News Corporation
20th Century Fox
20th Century Fox Espanol
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
20th Century Fox International
20th Century Fox Television
Blue Sky Studios
Fox Searchlight Pictures
Fox Studios Australia
Fox Studios LA
Fox Studios Baja
Fox Television Studios

Television - News Corporation
Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Sports Australia
Fox Television Stations
FOXTEL
STAR

Cable Television - News Corporation
Fox Movie Channel
Fox News Channel
Fox Sports Digital
Fox Sports Enterprises
Fox Sports Espanol
Fox Sports Net
Fox Sports World
FUEL
FX
National Geographic Channel
SPEED Channel
Stats, Inc

Direct Broadcast & Satellite Television - News Corporation
BskyB
DIRECTV
FOXTEL
Sky Italia

Magazines - News Corporation
Inside Out
Donna Hay
News America Marketing
Smart Source
The Weekly Standard
Gemstar

Newspapers - News Corporation
Australasian region Newspapers:
Daily Telegraph
Fiji Times
Gold Coast Bulletin
Herald Sun
Newsphotos
Newspix
Newstext
NT News
Post Courier
Sunday Herald Sun
Sunday Mail
Sunday Tasmanian
Sunday Territorian
Sunday Times
The Advertiser
The Australian
The Courier Mail
The Mercury
The Sunday Mail
The Sunday Telegraph
Weekly Times
United Kingdom region Newspapers:
News International
News of the World
The Sun
The Sunday Times
The Times
Times Education Supplement
Times Higher Education Supplement
Times Literary Supplement
TSL Education
United States region Newspapers:
New York Post

Books - News Corporation
Harper Collins Publishers
- Australia
- Canada
- Childrens Books
- United States
- United Kingdom
Regan Books
Zondervan

Other Investments - News Corporation
Festival Records
Mushroom Records
National Rugby League - Australia
News Interactive
News Outdoor
Nursery World

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
Rupert Murdoch....

Mushroom Records

Oh c'mon, Mushroom Records was a music bootleg biz from the 70's.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join