It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Objective Reasons Ronald Reagan Was your Worst President

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Nice little artical on cracked.
Ok its a comedy website but this brought out some good points.

I know Regan is considered a god in certain circles. But to me he seems the have laid down the foundation on everything that’s happening today.

Forget Clinton, Bush or Obama. Regan always to me seems to be the one that sent the USA on its downward spiral.

What do you think of the points brought out?

When we Blame Obama or Bush should we blame Regan too?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You can't say that about Reagan!!!

He was great in the eyes of people that are almost dead.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

It's a comedy website, but it's an extremely left leaning one too.

I do read it because it's funny. But as any kind of source for objective information? No.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's a comedy website, but it's an extremely left leaning one too.

I do read it because it's funny. But as any kind of source for objective information? No.

Left, right bla bla bla.

Can those points be disproven?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

But to me he seems the have laid down the foundation on everything that’s happening today.

Oh absolutely. Or went along to get along.

One of his first acts was firing a bunch of striking traffic controllers, setting a precedent for Big Busies to declare open war on Unions resulting in the low wage, job insecure serfdom we have today.

He also unleashed the biggest arms race ever, pretending to downsize which was really just throwing out old arms due to obsoletism and replacing them with the biggest military industrial enterprise we have today. Look where that got us, we are bogged down in endless war around the planet in an open bid to conquer the world.

Then theres Reaganomics, providing loopholes for big business to reduce taxes which was suppose to 'trickledown' to you and me. What, rich people giving back?

The only thing that is trickling (more like hemorrhaging) is our blood and debt.

You ask me he was a fool, programmed by his own Hollywood propaganda machine, goaded along by the real devils whispering in his ear, people like Henry Kissinger and Bush, Senior.

edit on 9-6-2016 by intrptr because: spelling and change

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Forget Clinton, Bush or Obama. Regan always to me seems to be the one that sent the USA on its downward spiral.
[/quote

You should watch this:
Obama compares himself to Reag

edit on 9-6-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Personally, I see this thread as nothing more than an extension of the comedy program you cite....laughable...errr, funny.

What you 'youngsters' didn't experience was the administration BEFORE Reagan. Carter...double digit inflation....double digit unemployment. Carter was a well meaning but thoroughly confused President.

Simply put, and merely my opinion, we'd never have gotten this far without Reagan. We'd have been in the sort of mess we are now 20+ years ago.

As far as the illegal ATC strike goes, we've never had another "illegal" strike by a critical service sector since. Well worth it. A line that hasn't been crossed since.

Did big business take advantage of Reagan? I'd say yes. It took a while for the sharks to work it out, but the evidence is there.

Try as you might, you cannot discount the defeat of the Soviet Union with those expenditures on the military and blaming Reagan for the subsequent President's wars approaches idiocy. HE didn't go to war-unless you count rescuing a few American students in Grenada a 'war'....

Reagan can be labelled, IMO, a centrist by todays standards. He was a 'new deal' Democrat, originally and almost joined the Communist party at one point...not to mention the president of a union. The Screen Actors Guild.

Much more to Reagan than you lefties seem to know.

All I can say is I'd take him for president again in a heartbeat. Yes, the 'nearly deads'... Sometimes you can learn something from those that have 'been there, done that'. It's really is hard to describe those times.

Much like it will be very difficult for you to explain THESE times when your the ones nearly dead.......

edit on 9-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Funny how the usual Right Wing Hannity's of ATS are avoiding this thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Much more to Reagan than you lefties seem to know.

So everyone that doesnt agree with you and your world view is a lefty?

Ironically I find many of your stances pretty left leaning like a big powerfull goverment with a vast military, police and draconian laws.
edit on 9-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

A waste of time, especially when the left is reduced to decrying Presidents long gone and avoid the flaws of the President they're trying to elect.....

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Try as you might, you cannot discount the defeat of the Soviet Union with those expenditures on the military and blaming Reagan for the subsequent President's wars approaches idiocy. HE didn't go to war-unless you count rescuing a few American students in Grenada a 'war'....

Yes I can.

The soviet union was always doomed to collapse.

Plus why was it the USA business to make it collaspe? Why not leave Russia to Russia? Let them fall on there own meriets which they would have done anyway as Soviet style communism was faliure.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

A waste of time, especially when the left is reduced to decrying Presidents long gone and avoid the flaws of the President they're trying to elect.....

So not only am I a "lefty" starting this thread but im a hillary supporter

Yeah ok old man, time for bed as I think your getting confused.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Nope, not 'everyone'...LOL. Just you and those of your ilk posting on this thread....

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Funny--I always see Jimmy Carter as having laid down the foundation of what's truly happening today.

Well, that, and the terrible philosophy behind The New Deal and the Great Society, which prolonged the depression in the former and helped perpetuate poverty in minorities in the latter.

Maybe we're talking about different contemporary "happenings."

(I'm sure many will disagree with that assessment, but so be it...and by that, I mean that I'm not here to win a debate about those opinions in this thread)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Please explain my so called left "views"?

Who are my "ilk" ?

I seem to be more small goverment than you. Hence you are the "lefty".

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

spartacus-educational.com...

The authors of Radical Hollywood (2002) argue that Reagan held left-wing views and applied to join the American Communist Party. According to one FBI informant "Reagan was turned down... for being too dumb."

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Yes I can.

The soviet union was always doomed to collapse.

Plus why was it the USA business to make it collaspe? Why not leave Russia to Russia? Let them fall on there own meriets which they would have done anyway as Soviet style communism was faliure.

As I said you weren't there. Carter was doing everything in his power to reduce the chances of Soviet collapse. Carriers returning from their six month tours had to strip 1/3 of the crews and aircraft from the returning carriers and place them on the out-bound units. An unmitigated disaster.

A continuance of those policies would have allowed the Soviet empire to continue to expand.

As far as leaving "Russia to Russia", it was the Soviet Union...NOT Russia. Just ask a Pole or a Ukrainian or a Czech or an East German what leaving the Soviets to continue their agenda was like.

Many responses.....this is fun....

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

If you aren't a Hillary supporter then why are you not commenting on her rather than a President long dead???

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

# 2 is about the only objective reason on that list.

Problem with Reagan is that, like Bush, his rhetoric was great but once he got into office, he turned into a "big government conservative".

Under Reagan, we had skyrocketing deficits, doubled the national debt, he emboldened the IRS and the "war on cash".

He greatly strengthened the pointless and flawed "war on drugs" with mandatory minimums and asset forfeitures.

edit on 9-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If you aren't a Hillary supporter then why are you not commenting on her rather than a President long dead???

That’s got to be the dumbest line of logic I have ever seen on ATS.

DERP DERP DERP.

By that retarded (sorry to retards) logic I could say why are you wasting time on this thread rather than creating Hillary threads unless you are a Hillary supporter too!

PS you know full well one of my passions is HISTORY. And that involves discussing the actions of pas people and there effects today.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join