It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Pictures from Iraq...too gross for ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC AND CNN???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is beautiful ... and yet, we never see this in our news ....

www.aim.org...

*Z*

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yeah, it seems like the media never focus's on positive images, like those, but negative ones, of US convoys blown up, or wounded soldiers. I guess positive stories aren't as interesting as the negative ones.

D

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The site seems like a pretty conservative site. Most of it is anti-liberal. I'm sure that life has improved for Iraqi's in certain areas, but the truth is, civilians are still getting killed, US soldiers are getting killed and the country has no stability at all. Conservatives can paint a positive picture, but the truth is the situation in Iraq isn't getting any better.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The postives arent reported because they wont sell newspapers and fill the 6 oclock news. The sad thing is that if Bushs keeps up his quick fixs in the long term what has been gained will be lost.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I'm supportive of what we are doing over there, and support our soldiers 100%. I look at pictures like this and see the smile and the good we are doing, but can't help but wonder, who made and wrote those English written signs?

D

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
And to be honest, most of the pictures look photoshopped. If you've ever used the program or seen photoshopped pictures it isn't hard to pick it out. I know for sure that the picture of the African-American soldier with tears coming down is fake and that those tears were photoshopped.

Also if you look closely, the first picture looks as if the soldier and children have been cut and pasted into the background. And those signs the Iraqi people are holding up are the easiest to photoshop. There was one picture earlier in the year with an Army guy holding up a sign with 2 Iraqi children, but the message which was inoffensive at first was photoshopped to something like "i killed their father and screwed the sister" or something like that and that was e-mailed around the world and the soldier got into a hell of a lot of troulble even though it was a fake. I'll try find a link to it.

Edit: Here found kind of a link to a possible instance of photoshopping of signs held up by Iraqi's.

Marine Holding Sign with Childern

[edit on 16/1/05 by D]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The reason they only show shocking images is for the shock value. People are more likely to remember shocking images than happy one. I supported this war.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Does the soldier in the third pic holding the kid look like pauly shore or is it just me?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hey thats it give all the kids candy bars, bathe them in western culture so they will grow up and want to live more like americans. Nothing nice about it if you ask me!

why is it that in other countries on street signs and such the description or text is in english and is bigger than the text of the language of the country it is in?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
aww, soo cute. Kinda reminds me of these kinds of pictures though
digital journalist

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Ever wonder what kind of drug is in the candy???

why not, alot of us are wondering what kind of drugs are in our food!!!

and well weren't these same people forced to come out in droves to show their loving admiration for Saddam??? I mean well, if you grew up in a culture that had such horrible repurcussions for speaking out against the authorities, well, wouldn't you be more than willing to do the same for the american troops, who really aren't that bad, and well, most would probably really like to help these people all they can. My brother was kidnapped while in the military by the phillipine terrorists.....he managed to get out of his situation somehow....all he had for the people was alot of sympathy....they lived in such horrid conditions. I can't wait till my son takes his first overseas tour.......can't imagine what kind or reaction he will have when he sees how so many in the world really live.

with all that being said, guess what I am trying to say is that in reality, the pictures don't really prove anything, since if we tried we could dig up a thousand pictures showing thousands of iraqis out in the streets supporting saddam also. But, I still think that the majority of our troops over there really have kind hearts and would like to help the individuals who are adversely affected by this war.

as far as the media goes, well, I don't buy everything they say anyways....and well, what they don't say sometimes goes in the favor of bush, sometimes, not.....
I think their main objective is to just get you to tune in to their next newscaste.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Either these images are not published because they are fake or they do not represent the sentiment of the people of Iraq.

It's also possible that the government does not want to show this until after the elections (Iraq) or perhaps doesn't want to show this stuff at all in order to justify a military presence in Iraq. HOWEVER in view of the number of troops killed in Iraq, it's more likely that these images are just part of the usual deception strategy...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Wow, glad to see all of 5 Iraqi's are happy to become another star on America's flag.
They must be the only ones that havent seen a family member shot or a bomb dropped on their house.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ya, it's so great over there, reservists are flocking for their second tours. One Marine last week preferred a "suicide by cop" death rather than chance getting his life ended in that Utopia. That website could only come up with 3 positive pictures to counter the carnage we've seen in the past 2 years over there? Puhhhllleeeaaaasssssssseee........................

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You are not giving the iraqis much credit here!

Have you guys never heard of irony before??????

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Check the source of the information.

Where is it coming from?

Looks like 'AIM' are a right-wing (nwo) publicity machine.

I see nothing but posed and pasted propaganda which evidently does not even remotely reflect the reality of the situation in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Interesting hat, the kid is wearing, inside the car.

Are these by any chance Kurds?

The Media constantly tells us that of the three ethnic groups in Iraq, the Kurds are those who are most aggravated by U.S. forces presence.

But, thank you for dispelling that myth, now it is all clear. The Media was lying again. Now i understand the Kurds like Americans!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
"Caption: "Lcpl Boudreaux killed my dad th(en) he knocked up my sister"

omg
ok get back on track.. i dont know about the pictures but ive seen video on the news with people in iraq that are happy as hell to see the us troops come in with the tanks and stuff havnt we all? the pictures can be fake but all im saying is atleast me know that they are happy to see us because of some of them cheering and yelling when our tanks come in

[edit on 16-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wow...

Thanks for posting those pics. Too often, we are bombarded with negativity and images of death and destruction, which the media wants to feed us on a daily basis to keep us living in fear and without hope. I guess these pics are proof that sometimes good can come from the most unexpected places. Much love and peace...

Toulina

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Obviously those too here on ATS have been brainwashed by the farleft media. The truth is, the media doesn't report because they don't have to, and they don't want to. Why? Because most medias are left-leaning "pacifists" who would never support a war no matter what good was done.

If you have ever watched a conservative media, (ie Bill O'Reilly), you will see he does he report these things.

So, I say:

It isn't a matter of conspiracy, it's a matter of opinion regarding the reporters. Of course, none here will believe me, because everything in life is a conspiracy to them

-wD

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join