It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight White Men Banned From Equality Conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well as a real Social Justice Warrior, I've got to say, this is a non issue. And as a white male, I've got to say that I've never been discriminated against in any meaningful way nor will I probably ever be.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Considering people must declare their "protected characteristic" when applying to the event, I think the picture is very fitting.

Any thoughts on the article linked in the OP?

And I hold to my original reply. We are in stages of massive social overhaul set to revert injustices of thousands of years. Many of the steps to be taken will be wrong, as I think much of the current trends suggest. However, an overly reactionary response will only infuriate those who cause the injustice you see so correctly and at the same time further anger those of more moderate temperament to join them rather than listen to valid points of debate.

elaborate?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wonder what the reaction would be if a straight white male drew a picture of Muhammad's face and wore it to the conference like a mask?

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Born into wealth, were you?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No they're not, but then again I don't live in the UK and I doubt you do either.

Again, no they're not. Just another conservative fear mongering tactic, aka a lie.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Well, this is a UK problem yet you in your OP made it sound like this is an American issue, when it's not. But then again, you guys are obsessed with what college kids are doing these days so I'm sure sooner or later you'll find some kind of similar story here in the US.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

It's so popular because of one reason, 4Chan. They love Trump because they consider him to be the ultimate troll so they are supporting him 100% online. Clinton's Super Pac paid out a million for their troll army but Trump get's the most elite troll army for free because they consider him to be the King Troll. That's why that sub is loaded with mostly memes.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Born into wealth, were you?

Nope. Born poor but worked my way up to small business owner. I'm nothing special and anyone can do what I do with hard work. Why do you ask?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

So... Do you just go skulking around in dim dark echo chambers on the interwebz just a-lookin for something to be offended by for grins? Hey wait a minute... Isn't that what you whine about SJW's and feminists doing all the time? Weird.

Just how much time do you have to spend looking for specific I-wanna-be-outraged content to find this crap? Yes academia is full of this sort of inside-out silliness, and it gets on my nerves too, but c'mon now, for the most part it's a fart in windstorm. Besides, the big movers and shakers that pump out good ol' boy policy makers are still super-conservative ivy league schools that don't put up with this sort of foolishness. Breathe, or have a beer or... something... else... or maybe find something worthwhile to spend your time on instead of manufacturing outrage so you can feel speshul (oh wait... irony AGAIN, lookit that).

Honestly, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wonder what the reaction would be if a straight white male drew a picture of Muhammad's face and wore it to the conference like a mask?

I'll let you know.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Considering people must declare their "protected characteristic" when applying to the event, I think the picture is very fitting.

Any thoughts on the article linked in the OP?

And I hold to my original reply. We are in stages of massive social overhaul set to revert injustices of thousands of years. Many of the steps to be taken will be wrong, as I think much of the current trends suggest. However, an overly reactionary response will only infuriate those who cause the injustice you see so correctly and at the same time further anger those of more moderate temperament to join them rather than listen to valid points of debate.

elaborate?
To my mind, one of the problems with both the left and the right is the monolithicification of the adversary. Of thinking in terms of those with different views are all on the same boat, all with the same agenda, all with the exact set of mind. This could be no farther from the truth. I am sure there are many, if not a majority of liberals who are not so adamant about the 'agenda' as many conservatives would simplistically like to believe. Admonishments such as that cartoon will do nothing to bring that more moderate wing of liberality into focus, into action and calm their more extreme comrades. It will only further infuriate their senses and make conservatism seem completely intractable. And monolithic.

edit on 30America/ChicagoTue, 07 Jun 2016 20:22:14 -0500Tue, 07 Jun 2016 20:22:14 -050016062016-06-07T20:22:14-05:00800000022 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Why can't they just be honest, and call it a "Bigots Like Us" conference, because, clearly, that's what it is. "Equality" my eye! More intolerance from the ones screaming about it the most.

Considering the state of so many colleges these days, I'd say young people should look for trade schools, and skip college.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well it's obvious that they feel that they cannot associate with straight white males because they feel they are not equal to them yet.... once they get over their inferiority complexes they will be able to associate with us.
edit on 7-6-2016 by HarryJoy because: add

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

He thinks because you are a Mexican, you are incapable of being objective.

And I'm not offended by anything. I find it hilarious that bigots get upset when others begin to discriminate against them.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You really think this is a UK problem? You haven't been paying attention.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Just make sure you watch what you say.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

So... what are your opinions on the article in the OP? Oh, you have none? Awfully convenient.

This is your response in a nutshell.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Seems to me if they would let 'straight,white males' in to hear their problems, and create a dialogue.

Just might be less problems to 'deal' with.

But hey WHAT do i know.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Does he though? I'm honestly asking, not trying to start anything.

If you have the time maybe you could link a quote of trumps that proves that?
edit on 7-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is just the same plan the elite have been pushing the last 8 years. When Hillary is elected we will see much more of this. On top of accusing everyone whom isnt "progressive" of being racist, the new card is going to be about sexism.

"You didn't vote for Hillary? Youre a sexist and hate women!" sound familiar? Get ready, it's only gonna get worse. Our social justice millenial friends aren't done yet. Our shadowy government loves every minute of it too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join