It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Boy Wins All-State Honors In Girls Track And Field

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

High school girls in Alaska are crying foul after a male sprinter took home all-state honors in girls’ track and field. According to local reports, it was the first time in Alaskan history that a male athlete competed in the girls’ state championships.

Haines senior Nattaphon Wangyot–who self-identifies as a girl–advanced to the state finals in the 100-meter and 200-meter events. He won fifth place in the 100-meter dash and third place in the 200-meter. In both events, he competed against girls as young as ninth grade.
High School Boy Wins All-State Honors In Girls Track And Field

I can watch this kind of stuff as a tragic comedy because I have no children and I never will. Anyone with children should be outraged by this in my opinion.

I can't even relate to what's going on in people's minds when I read something like this. Now, the Olympics won't be worth watching anymore in many sports (except where cheating via being transgender is naturally precluded).

The issue of transgender athletes recently gained wider global attention when Bruce Jenner, the 1976 Olympic decathlon champion, announced he had undergone gender reassignment surgery and was now living as a woman, Caitlyn Jenner.

Now transgender athletes look set to compete at the Olympic Games for the first time without first having to undergo gender reassignment surgery.

Medical chiefs at the International Olympic Committee (IOC) have recommended the change which could mean transgender athletes would be more readily able to take part in this summer's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro as well as other international events.
Rio 2016: Olympic body changes transgender guidelines

There's a related issue that I want to discuss. There should be an age of consent for changing one's gender. Children should not be having their gender changed by their parents; it is child abuse in my opinion. There is an age of consent for sex because people under a certain age have no comprehension of sex, and they do not have the ability to take responsibility for the consequences of sex. How is having one's gender changed any different? I believe having one's parents attempt to change their gender is one of the most drastic and potentially damaging things that can ever happen to a person. It should be illegal for parents to change their children's gender because children cannot consent to it. I don't know what the age of consent for a gender change should be, but children should not be subjected to it, ever. When it comes to a sex change or any gender change, children have no way of comprehending what they're doing or what the consequences of their actions are.

Children do not have the ability to consent to a gender change. Therefore, allowing parents to change their child's gender is morally and ethically wrong, and it should be illegal.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

She came in 5th and 3rd so obviously faces competition despite being born with a penis.

+42 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It should not be allowed.

And more importantly, the athlete should not want to.
It is simply unsportsmanlike.

And to me at least, unsportsmanlike behavior totally defeats the purpose of entering (amatour) competitions.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
According to the article he/she placed fifth so I don't see what all the fuss is about. I could see if maybe he/she won by a landslide but that's not what happened.

+36 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

She came in 5th and 3rd so obviously faces competition despite being born with a penis.

Tell that to the girls who finished behind him - Worst case scenario, the difference between bronze medals and 4th place is the difference between scholarship and no scholarship, college and no college.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think we should all be highly offended by this! Don't we all agree? Let's be offended! Harummph! We'll be the SJWs for the children, who will surely be permanently scarred by all this!

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
According to the article he/she placed fifth so I don't see what all the fuss is about. I could see if maybe he/she won by a landslide but that's not what happened.

Why does that make a difference? Whether fair or not, there is no denying that the spot filled by him is not filled by someone else. Someone is missing out.

And as previously mentioned it CAN have huge consequences on e personal level for his closest competitors.

+39 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Get used to it.

The "Sanity Ship" has sailed.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS
From the ice-age to the dole-age
There is but one concern
I have just discovered:

Some girls are bigger than others
Some girls are bigger than others
Some girl's mothers are bigger than
Other girl's mothers

As Anthony said to Cleopatra
As he opened a crate of ale: Oh I say

Send me the pillow...
The one that you dream on...
Send me the pillow...
The one that you dream on...
And I'll send you mine

edit on 5-6-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: Morrisey and Marr

edit on 5-6-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: MORRISEY AND MARR!!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

We shouldn't have male and female categories then.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I'd tell the girls that finished after HER, that her being born with a penis didn't stop girls born with vaginas from beating her.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

She/He was born 30 years too late. And in the wrong country.

Been better off being born in West Germany or some other Soviet Block Country.

This is going to get out of control very quickly.

And NO. I don't agree with the blanket batroom rule or how many public changing rooms it may apply too.

I don't have a problem with LGBT individuals. Just don't abuse the system.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

im tired of this conversation guys are differnt girls are differnt we can all shhhhit were we want
you guys are only regurgitation what mas media has told u

btw i hope men and women stay seperate girls are way dirtier in public bathrooms then men are

dudes should compete againt dudes chicks against chicks unless it a coed competion
can we put it to a rest please

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that males are naturally faster than females?

I've never understood segregated sports besides martial arts.
For obvious reasons.

Racing?
Darts?
Football?
Basketball?
Baseball?

Where is the advantage for men.

I suppose NFL would be difficult with 300lb giants steaming in to women.

But running?

What a joke to be outraged over.

She didn't even win.
Which makes the premise even funnier.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, if it's a truly progressive competition...EVERYBODY Gets a Medal!

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I'd tell the girls that finished after HER, that her being born with a penis didn't stop girls born with vaginas from beating her.

Sorry, but males are superior athletes to females.

No amount of rhetoric will change that fact.

This is a ridiculous outcome for female athletes and sane people everywhere.

(post by Hazardous1408 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Here we go again.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Oh come on people, everyones a winner today, this shouldn't bother you men and woman competing and all because they are all very special winners.

[end sarcasm]

*goes back to painting... quietly

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Professional acting allowed ?

“For the purposes of gender identification for interscholastic activities, the district will consider the gender identity based on the student’s consistent declaration of gender identity, their actions, attitude, dress and mannerisms,” the policy states.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join