It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of ACLU quits after daughters were ‘visibly frightened’ by men in women’s restroom.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Kinda stunned that it took something like this for her to realize the ACLU only gives a damn about some rights of some people and not everybody, all the time.

I feel like that's fairly common knowledge?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They started whining when some of the more liberal cities in the South started to pass these non-discrimination laws. The conservative leaders then threw their fits and started their fear mongering. Didn't make the news when the more liberal states passed them a decade ago, because nobody was whining or fear mongering.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Three men over 6 feet tall, with deep voices, wearing dresses walk into a women's bathroom and somehow thats "ok" or permitted.

So, what did these people actually do?

I fully realize that men were free to enter a lady's room prior to these cross-dressing laws but now that its becoming "legal", it seems like incidents in women's bathrooms are becoming more frequent.

Correlation =/= causation. Also, if people are paying more attention to it, then obviously more incidents are going to come to notice. At the moment there's a magnifying glass over the bathroom issue, where previously no one payed any attention or cared.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

If I had daughters and caught burly drag queens in the restroom with em, they would be taking a dirt nap. Actual trans, mehh they "self ID" as female or male or insert goofy nongender specific pronoun here and are somehow magically convinced biology has nothing to do with it, no sense in berating the mentally ill for something they have no control over.
edit on 3-6-2016 by sycomix because: expanded on original thought

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

Except nothing is mentioned about how they behaved and you're just making biased assumptions to support your point. *shakes head.* Looked like men and had deep voices, yes. Behaved like men? No one here on ATS would know the answer to that question.

Interestingly, the presence of people like this in women's bathrooms is potentially good for security.

We no longer sacrifice the rights and freedom of others to accommodate a special interest.

Um, yes, yes you do. That special interest is just corporations rather than kings.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

You do understand that we separated this stuff very long ago for good reasons right?

You do realize transgendered people have always used the bathrooms they felt comfortable using, right?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Cry me a river, you special snowflake. Oh, is your safe space being intruded on by those bad, bad men? Stalls are private and the are outside of it is basically for washing hands or doing makeup, and if they aren't flashing or doing something illegal then it just means there's more people there to prevent someone with actual ill intentions from causing harm.

If a kidnapper or rapist was trying to do something, then I'd be very glad for the presence of a "burly drag queen" over your traditional woman.

Something tells me you'd attack one of those drag queens if they were in the male bathroom with a son, too.
edit on 3/6/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Sargeras

You do understand that we separated this stuff very long ago for good reasons right?

Dogs and cats living together! Chaos in the streets!

Tell them about the Twinkie.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Mehh, sticks and stones blahh blahh blahh try harder next time

Ohh and yeah, I would dirt nap them for being around my sons, damned right!
edit on 3-6-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

To make my point crystal f'ing clear, CHILDREN have no place being taught or exposed to sexuality until a natural curiosity promotes it. MOREOVER abnormal sexuality. If I find a drag queen in the bathroom with my 6 year old, he/she/it is gona have a real bad day!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

No mention of any frightening behaviors or gestures, they were only frightened of the appearance.

Not even! They were frightened by their low voices.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Ohh and before some SJW calls me a bigot, if and only if when my kids are old enough to explore their sexuality naturally and safely if one decides they are gay or trans or what the hell ever, they are still my kids. But to expose children without the where to with to understand this is abuse! When my kids are grown and out of my house as far as I am concerned they can "self ID" as GD a tuna fish!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You aren't kidding.

If they looked and behaved like men, they should be in the men's restroom. If you look like a man and behave like a man(whether you're "transgender" or not), and you go into a restroom with women and children, don't expect to be treated nicely.

This^

You'd have a lot less trouble wearing a dress looking/sounding like a man going to the men's room in Texas than you would using the women's room (see above).

I knew a trans who went from female to male and while he was transitioning he had a prosthesis he would use to urinate while standing before having the surgery. He had been undergoing hormone therapy for a while and so I got to witness his physique and appearance change. Some people (co-workers, servers, I was one of the managers) would make comments during this time, but none of them were hostile.

He moved away for a while and when he came back no one but me recognized him from before. No one said a word after.

In fact several of the new waitresses wanted me to introduce him to them since it seemed he and I got along very well.
edit on 3-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Try harder? I'd rather not. The effort would not be worth it, and you'd probably end up perpetrating a mass-shooting or something if I pushed you too much, since you're obviously deranged. What you are essentially saying is that you would attack a man in the men's bathroom for no reason other than wearing clothes you dislike in the presence of one of your children.
edit on 3/6/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Except nothing is mentioned about how they behaved and you're just making biased assumptions to support your point. *shakes head.* Looked like men and had deep voices, yes. Behaved like men? No one here on ATS would know the answer to that question.

Interestingly, the presence of people like this in women's bathrooms is potentially good for security.

We no longer sacrifice the rights and freedom of others to accommodate a special interest.

Um, yes, yes you do. That special interest is just corporations rather than kings.

If they were women in any sense, the kids wouldn't have been so intimidated by a man being in the woman's restroom. It's that simple.

The act of forcing people into uncomfortable situations is unconstitutional and inhibits a person to live freely with a reasonable expectation of privacy. It may be a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but it's also another stepping stone toward tyranny. Little things add up. Corruption doesn't happen over night.

The beauty of freedom is that it's easy to understand so I'm not sure why you have an issue with it. Now, if a privately owned organization wants to allow anyone to use any restroom they choose, then so be it. People can choose not to use those restrooms if they feel uncomfortable. That's a social issue which the people can actively change and choose whether or not to participate in. The government does not need to be involved, and public property should remain in a state that allows all people to have a reasonable expectation of privacy and security.

Now, it's an unreasonable invasion of privacy to verify the assigned gender as birth via legal documentations at the entrance of a restroom (never mind the logistical impracticality of doing this). With that said, the reasonable way to approach this situation is to leave it the way it is. If you're a woman, you use the women's restroom. If you're a transgender woman, you use the women's restroom. If you are a man with a dress on, you use the men's restroom. If you want to use the women's restroom, then transition to the woman gender like thousands have done before. If you're not sure whether or not you want to transition, then you need to respect the privacy of others and use the bathroom for your gender-at-birth.

Also, could you state why you think the existence of corporations inhibits my ability to live freely without restrictions to my privacy or security? I have no problem living freely without corporations, why do you?
edit on 6/3/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It's a sick world because some men wanna be women and some women wanna be men?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Try harder? I'd rather not. The effort would not be worth it, and you'd probably end up perpetrating a mass-shooting or something if I pushed you too much, since you're obviously deranged. What you are essentially saying is that you would attack a man in the men's bathroom for no reason other than wearing clothes you dislike in the presence of one of your children.

No "mass" about it, selective targets of offence only. Stay your stranger butt away from my children. You don't wana see papa bear pissed off.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho

If they were women in any sense, the kids wouldn't have been so intimidated by a man being in the woman's restroom. It's that simple.

The act of forcing people into uncomfortable situations is unconstitutional and inhibits a person to live freely with a reasonable expectation of privacy. It may be a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but it's also another stepping stone toward tyranny. Little things add up. Corruption doesn't happen over night.

The beauty of freedom is that it's easy to understand so I'm not sure why you have an issue with it. Now, if a privately owned organization wants to allow anyone to use any restroom they choose, then so be it. People can choose not to use those restrooms if they feel uncomfortable. That's a social issue which the people can actively change and choose whether or not to participate in. The government does not need to be involved, and public property should remain in a state that allows all people to have a reasonable expectation of privacy and security.

Now, it's an unreasonable invasion of privacy to verify the assigned gender as birth via legal documentations at the entrance of a restroom (never mind the logistical impracticality of doing this). With that said, the reasonable way to approach this situation is to leave it the way it is. If you're a woman, you use the women's restroom. If you're a transgender woman, you use the women's restroom. If you are a man with a dress on, you use the men's restroom. If you want to use the women's restroom, then transition to the woman gender like thousands have done before. If you're not sure whether or not you want to transition, then you need to respect the privacy of others and use the bathroom for your gender-at-birth.

Also, could you state why you think the existence of corporations inhibits my ability to live freely without restrictions to my privacy or security? I have no problem living freely without corporations, why do you?

Right here!!! This!!! Yes, like I said, trans is ok, the transitioned, drag queen taking a pee next my niece is about to have a bad day. Same goes for wackos in the room with my sons. To avoid this, either transition or act your danged gender! Hell's bells I have gay and lesbian friends that still ID as the correct gender!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

More like men and women living together in perfect harmony for millennia then comes along American politics, and a big fat bankroll, and some 'modern' science, and now we can turn one in to the other.

The whine about where people take a snip, and cry 'injustice'.

Creating chaos out of order one could say.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

More like men and women living together in perfect harmony for millennia then comes along American politics, and a big fat bankroll, and some 'modern' science, and now we can turn one in to the other.

The whine about where people take a snip, and cry 'injustice'.

Creating chaos out of order one could say.

That at the end of the day is the part that bugs the hell outa me... Why in the name of all things logical can't they just let nature decide??? Stop fooling around with the natural order of things. Sorry bro you were born with a penis, you ARE MALE!!! Nobody give two hoots if you are gay, but YOU ARE MALE!!! Same goes for females! The only people in nature immune to this are hermaphrodites, period! End of story!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join